Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a dream

Options
  • 11-11-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys!,

Well ive been reading your logs with great interest since comming down with marathon fever and thought it high time i emerged from the shadows and start my own training log. Heres my stats:

Sex: Male
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 67KG

Well to start from the beginning ive been running since about Janary '08 motivated initially by an expanding waistline (damn pafiteroles!!) and the realisation that i was beginning to live a pritty inactive life style (damn xbox!!). Maybe it was the fresh air or the feeling i got from zipping past walkers and leaping over gates along the royal canal but i soon became an addict.

So when the pounds were shed and i was fighting fit again i soon made up my mind to take part in DCM10 and finished it in a time of 3:39. THis was a pritty big achievement for me and have my finishers medal proudly hung on my wall. while i was delighted with the time i also felt, well, like i have a much quicker time in me. So this is why im here. I thought to keep myself motivated i better set myself some new goals and share this with you all so you can guide, inform and push me to the finish line(s). My goals in 2011 are:

To complete a marathon sub 3:15 (thinking either DCM again or belfast city) and compete in the warriors run, sligo (originally my home turf)

Well there ya go, my cards are officially on the table. At the moment im just recovering from the niggling injuries i picked up from DCM (my fault for trying to resume normal training too quickly). Spending much of my time doing mostly non-impact work outs in the gym to keep fitness up and help recovery.

Anyway look forward to getting to know you all throughout this experience.

Ru

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 blueyonder

well finally resumed running again after spending a few dull weeks resorting to excercise bike and core work outs which i was doing to recover from injury post DCM. God it was great to be out despite the cold and nearly being run over by a purple ford fiesta. However after i finished my run Monday the old knee injury flared up again ARGHHH!. Rather then go back to my recovery excercise regime i decided unwisely just to keep running through it during the week which actually seems to have been a good idea as its been getting better every day since (Not that i would recommend anyone else do that, just one of those things). Alternated between the treadmill in the residents gym (adverse weather) and the navan road and amassed a milage of 25 miles or 24.96 to be exact this week. Not huge but will be hoping to up that by another 5 miles next week until i get back to normal. later guys

Advertisement