Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

METEOR PHONE BILL

Options
  • 11-11-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

hey guys ok so 2 months ago i changed my phone to a smart phone and doinf so had to take out a smart plan so im on the 35 euro 12mt contract. before that i was on old 20 euro plan with all my meteor texts for free.

since changing plan my phone bill last month was 270 and this month 300 euro its because of the amount of texts i send i use up my 200 free texts in like a few days ... i have started using cabbage web txt app to try lower costs is there anything else i should do ???

thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you not have the free extra with that plan. You can choose either free meteor calls, or free meteor texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

no there are no free extras with the meteor plans only vodafone and o2 do that as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your sending a lot of texts your probably better off on best of both from 3 or pre pay with Meteor, Voda or 3.

You can get out of your meteor contract for free at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

dont meteor do a 75 euro unlimited plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

Have you called meteor yet?? Ive been looking at getting a smart phone on bill pay the past few months and have repeatedly been told from lots of shops that meteor to mateor calls and text are free on the same plan you are on??

• Advertisement

It's 85 euro, but op would probably get away with 25 euro a month on best of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I really would have thought you'd be getting free meteor-meteor texts at the very minimum. I'll have a look on their site.

You could get a text add-on if you aren't getting anything free.

Can you still get out of a contract for free if you only signed up recently?

Can you still get out of a contract for free if you only signed up recently?

Yup as long as it was before they upped their prices a week or so ago.

Craigels wrote: »
    no there are no free extras with the meteor plans only vodafone and o2 do that as far as i know

2i1pc7r.jpg
    http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/smart/#plans-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I'm currently waiting on a call back from them as they were ringing last week to offer an early upgrade and they were pushing the HTC phones.

According to them I could get a Connect20 or something plan for €20 a month with 18mth contract (€25 on 12 mth) with 200 minutes & 200 text free. And a data plan for an extra €4.99 a month.

• Advertisement

cant i just call them and cancel my contract so and then go on pay as you go so i can get free texts ? it a joke what im paying at the moment?

Craigels wrote: »
    cant i just call them and cancel my contract so and then go on pay as you go so i can get free texts ? it a joke what im paying at the moment?

See post 10

You dont have to be on payg

but i didnt move to meteor i have been with them for years i just changed my plan... its only if i signed up online also

Advertisement