Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture of spirit???

Options
  • 11-11-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

ok, i was never completely convinced about spirits ect, i always was very very interested in them because most of me believes and wants to believe, but ive always had that doubt about them.

Until i seen this, NOW im not saying this is anything but about two weeks ago me and my dad were looking at the new google street view, we were looking at my nannys old house (now occupied by my aunt who is single and lives alone) we noticed a shadow at the window (which was my nannys old room) the shadow is a complete replica of my nanny... all my family are amazed... my nanny died in august 2000, im thinking maybe the picture was taken back then? i dont know!

what do you guys think?

p.s the shadow is 1000000% not my aunt who lives in the house now!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

imo looks like a headboard or old fashioned vanity stand

51OOLq6jmCL._Mahogany%20Waterfall%20Bedroom%20Set%20Dresser,%20Vanity,%20Stand_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭liamwhite

thats a very good one, but there is nothing of that shape in the bedroom, there is nothing even across the road to reflect in the window of that shape.. we dont know what it is... the only thing in that bedroom is a bed, chest drawers and a wardrobe...

do you still have access to the house?

yes i do be in the house at least once a week, my aunt still lives there, it use to be only her and my nanny but my nanny died in 2000...

take a few pictures of the room as is now and from outside and stick them up here would ya. Pic of the gran are optional but advised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

reflection of the google cam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Wheres the shadow in the pic? It is in the pane of glass to the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I don't see anything in that pic... maybe it's more visible from a distance, but I guess you don't want to put a public picture up of your aunt's house?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

reflection of the google cam?

i'd agree in so far that it certainly looks like a reflection of some kind from the street, rather than a shadow of something inside the room

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The thing that makes me feel its a reflection of say, a telegraph pole or something, is the streak of darkness above and to the right of the figure, which is of the same density as the 'figure'. Looks to me like a distorted shadow or reflection, that is causing paradolia.

• Advertisement

Sorry guys, i don't think my aunt would approve of me posting her house up on the internet, nor would my family want me to put a picture of my nanny up. i thought maybe from just the picture that you would know what it was.

I don't think its the google car cam, i have seen them and they are not tall enough to even reach the top window to even reflect off it, the camera's arnt even the same shape as in the picture. I could be wrong.

CorkMan wrote: »
    Wheres the shadow in the pic? It is in the pane of glass to the right?

Why do you say its in the pane of glass to the right? Thats a genuine question because when my aunt seen this photo first she seen something exactly there also before she could see the shadow in window, and yet out of 20 of us none of us could see what she seen in the pane of glass... ?? what did you see?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

its a reflection of something outside. It is not (IMO) a shadow on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

liamwhite wrote: »
    I don't think its the google car cam, i have seen them and they are not tall enough to even reach the top window to even reflect off it, .

And yet, unless I'm mistaken, from the angle of the photo I would have assumed that camera that took it was at a similar height to the window...certainly looks like a 'head-on' photo to me,and not angled up from below like I would imagine :confused:

liamwhite wrote: »
    Why do you say its in the pane of glass to the right? Thats a genuine question because when my aunt seen this photo first she seen something exactly there also before she could see the shadow in window, and yet out of 20 of us none of us could see what she seen in the pane of glass... ?? what did you see?

If you look solely at the right pane, there appears to be a mist on the right hand side in probably the shape of a hoodie. On the left hand side of the same pane there is nothing.

It looks almost unnatural in the window but on further inspection the same "mist" (however you want to word it) appears to be on the paint on the outside to the right aswell.

i know it could be the google cam, but the google cam just is not that shape. Maybe im only seeing it as i want to see it, trick of the mind. But the shape looks too much like a person to me, the shape of the body, head and neck... and to me and everybody in my family that is the exact shape to my nanny.. even the skeptics in my family said the same.. i don't know lol as i said maybe it could be the google cam and were just seeing what we chose to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Have to agree with Oryx on this there's her right shoulder has a massive "line" coming out of it. Also the left shoulder is relatively disfigured, it could pass as a ruffled shoulder of a dress or blouse but it's extreme enough.
    Sorry to disappoint as it'd be nice to think your nan is looking over her family but genuinely looks like a lighting effect / shadow.

Has anything else unusal ever happened in the house?

I see the black line, but whatever that black line is i dont know. I guess what still has me wondering is that i know there is nothing in that room or across the street to cause a reflection of that shape, there never has been and today there still is not.

I guess its a thing that ill never know for a long time hopefully :P i still am very amazed at how the shadow is so so much exactly my nannys shape, even the hair is the same.

I know its not easy fot you guys to judge seen as you dont know the house or my nanny.. it could be something simple that has not come to my mind yet or that we have not noticed that is causing the reflection to be "weirdly" the same shape as my nanny lol

I guess we will never know :) but thanks for the input guys.. :D

What are ye looking at? The black shape in the middle that is about 7-8 feet tall?

CorkMan wrote: »
    What are ye looking at? The black shape in the middle that is about 7-8 feet tall?

yeah in the middle of the window

• Advertisement
Advertisement