Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Just Got Rejected

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Well,they were the cool ones..

MD was my favourite. Kinda like Ringo but with a better mop-top

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

stovelid wrote: »
    MD was my favourite. Kinda like Ringo but with a better mop-top

Prefered Mike myself,then Micky. Davy was just a bit full of himself, and Peter was just nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

would i be the first to say its extremely possible that you will never get over this OP? some rejections and relationships will still make your stomach lurch after 15 years of trying to get over them. best to just get on a plane to thailand with some money robbed at gunpoint from your local spar, get loaded on heroin and shag 6 different hookers name lou in one sitting in a cheap hotel in pat pong.

it's like the solution women have for getting over that s'hite except less chocolate and more aids...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I was rejected in an unutterably painful and drawn out fashion the first time I told a girl I liked her. I won't get into the whole story, but I was treated very badly. Looking back on it, it was actually a big moment for me because I saw how I could have dealt with it (if I were to go down an immature road) and instead I thought about it logically for a time and I accepted it like an adult, and in my opinion, I gained a lot from the experience.

Sometimes it seems like every but you gets the girl, and maybe sometimes that might even be true, but don't let it harden you up, that can potentially ruin something a lot better which could be coming your way further down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

estadio wrote: »
    She was not out of my league (come to think of it she was a bit lower)
    I'm finding it difficult to see why she turned a winner like you down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

I don't mean to say i am better than her. The point i was trying to make was that all my friends told me i could have done much better in terms of looks but it was her personality that won me over. I am not bitter just disappointed. I wish her all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ah leave the lad alone. He is still a bit raw. we have all thought the same thing when we didn't get the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I don't mean to say i am better than her. The point i was trying to make was that all my friends told me i could have done much better in terms of looks but it was her personality that won me over. I am not bitter just disappointed. I wish her all the best.

Least you're not bitter bout it which is good. Hope she didn't reject you in a totally bitchy way! Anyway you seem to be handling it really well.
    And as has been said, it gets easier to read the signs with age :)

2 years? That all? I once fancied a 16 year old girl and didn't ask her out until she was 23. Got rejected too but was still happy I did it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

At least you asked her out OP. How many gutless people never do it or only when extremely pissed.

Me being one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I am an 18 year old male. I liked this girl for over 2 years. Don't know why though!. Finally after all these months i made the move and got rejected. I don't know why and to be honest don't really care why.
    Its the first time I had the balls to ask the girl out, but it wasn't meant to be. She was not out of my league (come to think of it she was a bit lower) but after all this waiting i got rejected.
    On the bright side i will probably never see her again. Now i regret ignoring all the advice my friends gave me.

So after hours cheer me up.! Did you get rejected once and end up with some one better? I know rejection is a part of life but i am disappointed. Any advice on moving on?

Thanks

HAAAAAAAAAA Loser

Karsini wrote: »
    I once fancied a 16 year old girl and didn't ask her out until she was 23.
    Did you watch her every move?

Are you the guy One Hour Photo is based on?

:eek:

orourkeda wrote: »
    HAAAAAAAAAA Loser
    First immature post in the thread.

New record for AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

2 years? That all? I once fancied a 16 year old girl and didn't ask her out until she was 23. Got rejected too but was still happy I did it.

im hoping you were young too and not a gary glitter :)

im hoping you were young too and not a gary glitter :)

Yep, I was 20 when I asked her. Part of the reason I took so long was I believe a 16 year old girl would have no interest in a 13 year old boy.
    DB10 wrote: »
    Did you watch her every move?

Are you the guy One Hour Photo is based on?

:eek:

Haha, nope. Though my brother claimed for a while that he saw her naked through her bedroom window... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Yep, I was 20 when I asked her. Part of the reason I took so long was I believe a 16 year old girl would have no interest in a 13 year old boy.

good man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

DB10 wrote: »
    First immature post in the thread.

New record for AH.

Says the bloke who asks girls out when he's extremely sloshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

My advice is to listen to some Kenny Rogers while crying into your cornflakes and doing some sit ups!!!

Works for me in times of woe! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

She was not out of my league (come to think of it she was a bit lower)

I can't go out with a girl unless she's as intelligent, or slightly less intelligent, than I am.

i got rejected there recently.sucked ass
    really liked him for around a year.properly obsessed with him.:pac:he led me on.
    i moved off back to college then and found out he made a new girlfriend within a week.
    so i decided to get full.and shift the face off his best friend.
    yup.classy lady i am.:pac:
    gladly it pissed him off..

do sumthing along those lines.although it might cost u your dignity!yay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

_ratm wrote: »
    i got rejected there recently.sucked ass

Consolation anal games was still a result of sorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

You need to get yourself really drunk and do the following:
    Make a phone-call at 3am to tell her that you have moved on and that she's only an owl whorish cow anyway and she can go and fuck off.
    Then another phone-call at 4am with you crying, sobbing and begging for forgiveness.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I am an 18 year old male. I liked this girl for over 2 years. Don't know why though!. Finally after all these months i made the move and got rejected. I don't know why and to be honest don't really care why.
    Its the first time I had the balls to ask the girl out, but it wasn't meant to be. She was not out of my league (come to think of it she was a bit lower) but after all this waiting i got rejected.
    On the bright side i will probably never see her again. Now i regret ignoring all the advice my friends gave me.

So after hours cheer me up.! Did you get rejected once and end up with some one better? I know rejection is a part of life but i am disappointed. Any advice on moving on?

Thanks

fast forward 20 yrs, you are rich, famous and married to a stunningly beautiful woman and she is married to the fat guy from the chipper with 8 kids. I know it's a long time to wait but it will be worth it , promise.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

hondasam wrote: »
    fast forward 20 yrs, you are rich, famous and married to a stunningly beautiful woman and she is married to the fat guy from the chipper with 8 kids. I know it's a long time to wait but it will be worth it , promise.

Mmmmm, free chips for life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

hondasam wrote: »

Seems a bit harsh just for turning him down. What if he's some kind of Quasimodo lookalike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

play some Hank Williams country music backwards. Not only will you get the girl, you'll get a dog and a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Lesbians, the ones that reject you are all carpet lickers ;)

You'll be facing more rejection but it's all part of the oh-so-jolly fun of life. It would be just boring if everything went too smoothly for each of us, we wouldn't appreciate the good shìt that does happen like a girl actually liking you & your ugly mug.

Or....

You could turn into a sissy, go all Emo and scrape yourself with a dull butter knife, commenting on how life is just "pain and a downward spiral of blackness..........like my heart"

Chin up, and remember, they're all lesbians!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Strange AH seems to be going lite on the lad....must be that Friday feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Had a similar situation myself OP and I'm the same age as you, met a really nice girl in a club a few weeks back, spent lots of time kissing /talking and took a taxi home....to two differnt adresses :P. Got her number and started texting her, really liked her so I asked her if she wanted to meet up, she agreed but when we met up I was informed that she was just out of another relationship and just wanted to stay single for a while. I was pretty down for a while but decided to move on.

There will be more girls OP, just get drunk, go out and have the crack with your mates, if you pull happy days if not who cares :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Thanks

It happens a lot and can be especially hard when youre young.

You've heard of the friend zone? thats where you don't want to be. The sooner to ask out the better.

And believe me it gets an awfull lot easier with age.

Advertisement