Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Just Got Rejected

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Rejected at 18? That brings back memories, in a few years you will laugh about it and see that she is a buck toothed tramp. After she gets arrested for drugs you will thanks your lucky stars....oh wait, thats me.

(In fairness, she did have huge knockers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It happens a lot and can be especially hard when youre young.

You've heard of the friend zone? thats where you don't want to be. The sooner to ask out the better.

And believe me it gets an awfull lot easier with age.

Only if you can afford to pay hookers for the rest of your life.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Take risks, if they work out you'll be happy, if they don't you'll be wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Bitches be stuck up yo. Let's go titty bar, man..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I once fancied a girl for ages and asked her out on her last day in work....in front of her ma :eek:

Never got the date but it taught me that the worse thing a girl is ever going to say is no and in that case theirs never anything to fear. Learning to never take rejection personally is one of the most important lessons you need to learn in life, once you learn this your life is guarenteed to be much better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

CRAAAWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIINNNN...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭estadio

Thanks to everyone who replied. I could barely sleep last night. But on the bright side got up early got some studying done, went out with mates e.t.c. I realized today that my life is filled with enjoyment with or without her. Eventually i will end my disappointment but will never forget her. Its tragic and comedic and at the same time that i had the "date" already planned. and i take back the lower than my league comment, we are in the same league (i am just higher up for now until some rich oil tycoon makes her better)
    Its only after disappointment u realize nothing in life can be taken for granted. Thanks a lot Afterhours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I know how you feel. Its horrible. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Fancied a guy for ages and took a chance and asked him for a drink. We swopped numbers and i thought nothing of it.
    A few days later he rings me, taking me up on the drink, mentioning the week after. Well that never happened. He just ignored everything.

He rang me for an ego boost. And thats how i get rejected by being ignored. He never had the balls to even let me down gently or just say no. Just get the ego boost and f off and use my feelings while he was it.

Thats a million times worse and im in tears even thinking about it. And i just realise this isn't personal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I know how you feel. Its horrible. Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Fancied a guy for ages and took a chance and asked him for a drink. We swopped numbers and i thought nothing of it.
    A few days later he rings me, taking me up on the drink, mentioning the week after. Well that never happened. He just ignored everything.

He rang me for an ego boost. And thats how i get rejected by being ignored. He never had the balls to even let me down gently or just say no. Just get the ego boost and f off and use my feelings while he was it.

Thats a million times worse and im in tears even thinking about it. And i just realise this isn't personal issues.

Its ok. We listen here too. I got dumped (again) by my boyfriend of almost a year recently.

Rant wherever you want girlie!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Its ok. We listen here too. I got dumped (again) by my boyfriend of almost a year recently.

Rant wherever you want girlie!

Enjoy being single while you can sure....

• Advertisement

darragh16 wrote: »
    Enjoy being single while you can sure....

People say this. What is there to enjoy with being single tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kinda confusing when you've said yourself you hate men - so surely you'd heartily endorse being single...?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

fcuking lesbians!

Dudess wrote: »
    Kinda confusing when you've said yourself you hate men - so surely you'd heartily endorse being single...?

Theres no win for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

estadio wrote: »
    I am an 18 year old male. I liked this girl for over 2 years. Don't know why though!. Finally after all these months i made the move and got rejected. I don't know why and to be honest don't really care why.
    Its the first time I had the balls to ask the girl out, but it wasn't meant to be. She was not out of my league (come to think of it she was a bit lower) but after all this waiting i got rejected.
    On the bright side i will probably never see her again. Now i regret ignoring all the advice my friends gave me.

So after hours cheer me up.! Did you get rejected once and end up with some one better? I know rejection is a part of life but i am disappointed. Any advice on moving on?

Thanks

You're a winner! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I thought you said in your own thread it was 3 months ago?
    Anyway, for your own sake, you need to move on.
    Dwelling on the past doesn't do any good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You went for it, your first time is the hardest, frankly you should just feel relieved that you had the balls to do it and move on to the next girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

My buddy got rejected by a hooker, despite waving 500 quid at her.Imagine how he feels.

I read this back and it kinda had a narky tone. But its actually a genuine question, is there something I can do as a single person that is fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I thought you said in your own thread it was 3 months ago?
    Anyway, for your own sake, you need to move on.
    Dwelling on the past doesn't do any good.

Ya it was 12 weeks ago, thats a few weeks ago, isn't it? Its also 3 months.
    Im moving on but just feel like crying sometimes and this post had me in tears thinking of it. Im off to eat chocolate and going to mass tomorrow. At least God loves me.

• Advertisement

Go and meet new people, do new things, hang with mates etc. etc. because when you finally get tied down you'll look back and see what you missed out on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

when you finally get tied down you'll look back and see what you missed out on!
    Wo, wo... no need for badmouthing bondage here! :mad:

Go and meet new people, do new things, hang with mates etc. etc. because when you finally get tied down you'll look back and see what you missed out on!

Yeah but I did all those things when I was in a relationship anyway. And I hope to God I'll still be doing them in my next relationship. I never want to be one of those girls.

I'll stop spreading my misery now.

Yeah but I did all those things when I was in a relationship anyway. And I hope to God I'll still be doing them in my next relationship. I never want to be one of those girls.

I'll stop spreading my misery now.

Ah sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clinty87

Chin up, definitely her lose...........although maybe don't wait 2 years next time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Trust me buddy, rejection gets easier, i got rejected by a girl way under my league, but then by sheer luck (and alot of alcohol) i managed to score a girl from the league above me, so chin up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Don't all these crap threads where people get dates or get rejected belong in Personal Issues?

I'm not even going to bother reading the thread I'm just going to send this message to the OP:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

My buddy got rejected by a hooker, despite waving 500 quid at her.Imagine how he feels.

Ask him if he has any spare Man U tickets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

estadio wrote: »
    I am an 18 year old male. I liked this girl for over 2 years. Don't know why though!. Finally after all these months i made the move and got rejected. I don't know why and to be honest don't really care why.
    Its the first time I had the balls to ask the girl out, but it wasn't meant to be. She was not out of my league (come to think of it she was a bit lower) but after all this waiting i got rejected.
    On the bright side i will probably never see her again. Now i regret ignoring all the advice my friends gave me.

So after hours cheer me up.! Did you get rejected once and end up with some one better? I know rejection is a part of life but i am disappointed. Any advice on moving on?

Thanks

I think I've spotted your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

OisinT wrote: »
    Don't all these crap threads where people get dates or get rejected belong in Personal Issues?

I guess the AH mods were on the sauce last night.

Also, 2 years?! That might be the reason why right there. Next time, if you want something - take it!

Advertisement