Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade ins

Options
  • 11-11-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I've traded in games before and know how much you get ripped off in most shops, anyone know where the best value is for trading in games for cash? Fairly sick of store credit!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

HMV
    Smyths

Not sure about GAME though

Depends on the game
    Gamestop will most likely be the lowest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Adverts.ie is the best choice. All stores will rip you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Definately, and they don't do store credit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

WilliamOC wrote: »
    Definately, and they don't do store credit ;)
    I just hate store credit when they say "oh thats €25 sc but only €10 cash" wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kiith wrote: »
    Adverts.ie is the best choice. All stores will rip you off.

Adverts would be my choice too if not for the state of it these days :(

Got more for trade in with hmv than I was being offered on there. And the offers were not exactly pouring in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I agree, Adverts can be a bit hit and miss. IMHO HMV normally offer the best trade in value, Game, Smyths and Xtravision are meh.
    I would rather throw my games in a skip that deal with Gamestop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

moz wrote: »
    I agree, Adverts can be a bit hit and miss.
    offer €2

(I like adverts but you'll have to wade through a lot of chancers ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Adverts can be frustrating with the crappy offers sometimes. If the game ain't new and in demand you'll have a hard time getting value from Adverts. I find it's always worth researching how much games sell for on Ebay. I sold Split Second there are few weeks ago for €18.50 after being offered €7 in trade in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

there's always the game swapping threads in the console forums as well. might be better than adverts, as you'll be dealing with boardsies, and not advertsies (i copyright that word:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Well im looking mainly for cash (being a stereotypical student and all) un-less I can get my hands on COD black ops :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement