Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with employer and SW

• 11-11-2010 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi ,
    This is my little story about SW and employer
    I am waiting for JSA since Feb this year nearly 8 months. ( Navan Office )
    I have found a 3 day week job in April , informed my SW office and worked there for 4 months . I was given dockets and I stated the days I worked and returned them to SW . When this employment ended ( August) I informed SW again . Then in october I got a letter from SW , basically they are looking for information from my employer to confirm my employment and PRSI contributions paid . My employer refused to provide this information and when I checked in Revenue they said that I was not registered and there is no Prsi contribution paid . As a proof of my employment I have only bank statements
    Can anybody halp me and advise what should I do next as I was told in SW office that if I will not provide thi document they will close my claim .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I assume you did not get payslips?
    If you have proof that they were paying you i.e. payslips but they did so under the counter (no PAYE/PRSI deductions) report them to Revenue and tell DSCFA what happened i'm sure you are not the first person this has happened to
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

If you are having difficulty, go into your office and show them what you have. Explain you have been to Revenue and what they have said. Social Welfare Inspectors can investigate employers who do this type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shamrock11

Many thanks ,

I spoke today with Citizen Information Officer about this matter , this lady rang Revenue in my behalf ( I am a foreigner and still have some language problems as you see ) .
    They set my employment in Revenue and Revenue will investigate this so they will get everything cleared ( employer will pay PRSI an PAYE )
    CI Lady called my local social welfare officer as well , she spoke with manager about my case and I was assured that my claim will remain open until they get all the information to process it further .
    As a proof of my employment and incom I gave SW bank statements and letter of employment ( It was not contract )
    Thank you again for your help and patience when reading my posts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It looks like the people at the Citizens Information service are doing a good job of helping you.

I hope it all gets sorted soon.

Advertisement