Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate to fit a front and rear outsidesensor lights....

Options
  • 11-11-2010 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Idlike to ask here before I get a fright from a sparky for the fitting/installing of 2 outside sensor lights. I have the lights

I also need a new plug point fitted behind the TV unit aswell.

Any input appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Not really enough information to give you an idea of how much you expect to pay.

Are there existing outdoor lights? Do you just need the fittings changed? or Did the builders leave wires to connect on to?

Is there an existing power point behind the TV? is it just replacing an existing socket?

If you can give more information, the people here will be able to give better advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ks652

Thanks for your reply and excuse my ignorance :(

Are there existing outdoor lights? Do you just need the fittings changed? or Did the builders leave wires to connect on to?

- No..... Newwireswill need to be ran.

Is there an existing power point behind the TV? is it just replacing an existing socket?

- No......but there is a socket in the room behind it that is very easy accessible.

Socket sounds easy enough.

The outdoor lights might be easy too, but hard to say without more information. Is there any easy way to run the wires to the outside? Is it a bungalow?

It could be anywhere from a couple of hours to a day depending on the way the house is configured, ie if its easy to run the cables for the lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ks652

Its a 2 storey. Im not sure how much info I can give.

Whats a days labour to a spark these days?

How old is the house?
    Is the fuse board at the front door?
    How far will the front light be from the fuse board? Do you want switches on the lights too?

€200/day would be the norm I guess. If you give your location, someone here will recomend an electrican to give you a quote...

• Advertisement
Advertisement