Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Tempest (spoken word/ rap/ hiphop from London

Options
  • 12-11-2010 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

She’s hitting the new Grand Social (used to be Pravda, I look forward to seeing what they replaced the murals with) at 8.15pm for a half hour set before heading down to Block T in Smithfield where she’s onstage at 9.45. Trust me folks, you need to see this. I know it’s short notice but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYMtmQ_H570

"Kate Tempest and Sound of Rum return to Ireland after blowing the crowds away at this years Electric Picnic Festival, where for many people they were one of the undisputed highlights of the weekend.

Sunday the 14th of November in Block T is the place to be if you want to witness one of the top U.K rap artists to emerge in recent years.

Influenced equally by a love of hip hop and a love of great literature Kate Tempest is a rapper,... poet and playwright.

She has performed consistently and comprehensively since she began rapping in battles at 16. Since then she has continued to develop her skills as a writer and a performer, and has made a name for herself in the UK hip hop, spoken word and live music scenes.

She started performing spoken word poetry in 2006 when, whilst in New York she entered and won the NU-Yorican Poetry Café Slam.
    She has played with her band Sound of Rum all over London, from the Jazz Café to Brixton’s Jamm, as well as gigs in Bristol, Brighton and Liverpool.
    She has performed at Glastonbury, supported for John Cooper Clarke and has recently supported Scroobius pip and Dan le Sac on their sell out U.K tour. Kate and the band received standing ovations at Latitude Festival and at this years Electric Picnic, and have played all the major festivals as well as loads of smaller ones.

She has performed her poetry several times on Scroobius Pip’s Spoken Word Surgery on Radio One and also had her Sound OF Rum songs played on Radio One by Rob Da Bank Steven Merchant invited her onto his BBC6 Music show for a live session and interview after seeing her perform.
    The band have finished recording their first full length album for Sunday Best, it will be released in the new year, preceded by the single "Slow Slow"."Her works are truly of upliftment and betterment" Roots Manuva

“I had Kate Tempest in several times on my BBC radio one spoken word show and she has been the highlight of my listening this year. She has no right whatsoever to be as good as she is. It astounds me. Her writing is epic, her delivery piercing, and with the addition of her band Sound of Rum her potential is realised. Inspirational.” Scroobius Pip"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

(close bracket in thread title) ;)

Advertisement