Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Into Acting

Options
  • 12-11-2010 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Anyone know the best way for someone to get into acting, ie a way that doesnt involve going through The Gaiety/The Abbey and doesnt cost an arm and a leg? Or would the aformentioned be the best way to go about it?

As a child from the ages of 8-12/13 I was involved in a variety of drama groups across the city but they were all on quite a small scale so I have some experience but I'm in my early 20's now and my passion for the whole performing arts scene has been very much rekindled and its something I seriously want to get back into.

Any help at all would be really appreciated, I've been at something of a loss for while on what I want to do with my life but at the back of my mind I've always been considering acting as a career and I feel this could very well be my calling.

Again, any information at all would be a huge help. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Joining a drama group is your first step. Coincidentally, you could join the drama group on boards.ie, No Drama Theatre. Unlike other groups, we hold two workshops every week so even when we dont have productions on, people are still developing their skills. :)

YOu can find more detail on our forum, http://nodrama.boards.ie or on our website, www.nodramatheatre.com

Or you can PM me for more details. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭deadpoet

I really appreciate that, I'd love to sit in and have a look at what you guys do sometime for sure. Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

Sit in! Nah, you'd be taking part my man, in some harmless improv scenes, a few exercises to pump up the energy, then up on our little stage with a bunch of new and old actors... stretching those stiff acting muscles...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

Count me in. Hope to drop in this Sunday or Tuesday.
    Looks like great fun.

Advertisement