Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safely Listen To Voice MP3 In Car

Options
  • 12-11-2010 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

So I've recorded Today with Pat Kenny in MP3 Format. I want to listen to it in the car, but I want to zipp through the numerous adverts SAFELY.

By safely I mean ... I need to be able to keep my eyes on the road 100% of the time, and just reach out and press a FF button for a few seconds. I can do this safely with any cassette player. However any MP3 in-car device, portable player, or stand alone radio/recorder that I've looked at, requires one to look at a display and press a couple of buttons .... Not safe ......... crash!

Any suggestions

(editing the MP3 or transferring it to cassette is not a realistic option)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Without knowing what type of car or MP3 player you have (as integration options will vary), something like the Harmann Kardon drive and play might be perfect.

Does your car have any steering wheel controls for the stereo at the moment? You might be able to get some sort of adapter so they can control an MP3 player that's plugged in through an AUX input.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭patspost

If you download the podcasts from the rte webite there are no ad breaks, you just download feature/segment by segment, and you need only download the pieces that interest you.

hope this helps

Advertisement