Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for being unhelpful to myself (Relationship issues forum)

Options
  • 12-11-2010 4:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,

I was banned without warning for being unhelpful to the OP and for posting off topic (I assume I was trying to derail the thread). The only thing is that I was the OP!

The post wasn't even off topic anyway. I was answering back to a comment which was very related to the thread topic.

Post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68971948&postcount=81

The topic being discussed was obviously not going to make me popular but I knew that when I posted looking for advice. However, I think that the content of my previous posts may have somewhat affected the decision of the mod.

Thanks,
    Guest1986.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I got two pms about this late last night, one at 1:10am which I replied to and the second at 02:58 given that I have to sleep some time I hadn't gotten back to Guest1986 before they started this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Guest1986

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I got two pms about this late last night, one at 1:10am which I replied to and the second at 02:58 given that I have to sleep some time I hadn't gotten back to Guest1986 before they started this thread.

This is true. What happens here in the disputes area? how can I get my account back before the ban expires anyway. This is so frustrating. I was banned out of either a genuine mistake by you and you just wouldnt admit it or else it was done out of personal grudge because of what I admitted it the thread I started. What's the point in having and RI thread if you need to be dishonest on it??

I'm a new user and I apologise for jumping the gun. So what happens now?

Or it was because you broke the rules of the forum and your post was unacceptable.

We wait for one of the cat mods or admins to look at your post and see if it is in breach of the rules. If they think it is, the ban stands, if they think it isn't then I will lift the ban and offer my apologies.

Or it was because you broke the rules of the forum and your post was unacceptable.

We wait for one of the cat mods or admins to look at your post and see if it is in breach of the rules. If they think it is, the ban stands, if they think it isn't then I will lift the ban and offer my apologies.

I'm just confused why I wasn't given a warning. I genuinely thought you made a mistake when I got the ban. For example Cheeky_gal posted something about how she thought it was funny that I got banned and she received a warning. a ban would be harsh here too but you get what I mean. If I had received any sort of heads up that I was breaking the rules then I would have deleted the post. Surely second gussing a Mod decision is worse than off topic posting in my own thread?

We don't have to give a warning.

• Advertisement

We don't have to give a warning.

The guy in the shop doesnt HAVE to let you off a cent on your weekly shopping. Are you bet firm into your position?

The matter is here, you started the thread by passing any mediation via pm so it's up to the catmods to review it.

Fúck it I dont give a bollix anymore. you should watch in bruges. You are the Belgian in the tower taking the money. you are sour because I was cheating on my missus.

"PI Forum. go for advise.... get abuse and banned for doing fúck all" new tagline maybe??

Goodbye.

I see you dont delete accounts. this matter is no longer open so cat mods can ignore/ delete this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

We don't delete them, we close them.
    This thread is now closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement