Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass scroll of ressurection: 1-week free to WoW dissidents

Options
  • 12-11-2010 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭

http://kotaku.com/5687966/blizzard-offering-a-week-of-free-time-to-warcraft-apostates
    Backsliders in the church of Warcraft are being coaxed back to the flock with an offer of seven free days of gameplay, to whet their appetite for the Cataclysm expansion due in December. Notices are going out to lapsed subscribers now; they promise a week of game time, but the offer expires Dec. 1. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the MMO's third expansion, releases Dec. 7.
    If you've let your account go on hiatus, check your inbox, trash folder or spam filter. It's a free seven days of MMO time. Provided you can say no thanks after it's all over.
    Send an email to the author of this post at [EMAIL="owen@kotaku.com?subject=http://kotaku.com/5687966/blizzard-offering-a-week-of-free-time-to-warcraft-apostates"]owen@kotaku.com[/EMAIL].

That will of course let you get in on the pre-launch event, The Shattering of the old continents. theres gonna be lava, and fire, eruptions, earthquakes, siege events in the capital cities, and giant dragons flying around the place and killing stuff. should be fun.

Posted in general cos its aimed at people who would not exactly frequent the wow forum, now would they.

Probably best to redeem the time November 31: theres not a lot going on just yet, aside from a couple lead-in quests.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I must....resist.....

played up to lvl 82 on the friends and family alpha, still have beta access, but....as BB king put it, The thrill is gone.

However, free stuff like....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Overheal wrote: »
    theres gonna be lava, and fire, eruptions, earthquakes, siege events in the capital cities, and giant dragons flying around the place and killing stuff

I am not a fan of WoW at all but I have to say, this sounds like a pretty wonderful event. Stuff like this should happen in MMOs more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I started playing WoW early this year and played for about 3 months. I was pretty addicted for those 3 months which is why i don't want to get back into it again. Also there are probably a lot of updates i've missed anyway which will swallo my download cap for the month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mass Scroll of Erection.

That is all.

Advertisement