Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problems in Limerick?

• 12-11-2010 9:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Logged on at 2am, connection is the worse i've ever seen it in 7 years, 56k speeds...not with download, web pages...everything, is there problems due to strong winds yesterday or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ISP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Proffesser Plum, with the candlestick, in the library.

Or you could help us out with a bit more info so we don't need to play Cludo!;)

ISP/Connection type/BB Speeds etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Limerick, Roaches St. exchange, Vodafone using f*cking Eircom's network..........

Now...anyone having issues in the last 24 hours?, next gen BB, 7mb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate(kbps) 512 7168
    MaxRate(kbps) 1164 10688
    NoiseMargin(dB) 24.0 17.9
    Attenuation(dB) 29.0 15.0
    Power(dBm) 11.9 19.8

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Europa76

Logged on at 2am, connection is the worse i've ever seen it in 7 years, 56k speeds...not with download, web pages...everything, is there problems due to strong winds yesterday or something?

I have 3 mobile broadband, I'm in Killarney and the Internet was running slow as hell in last 2 days. I guess it was due to strong winds. It seems OK today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

when i had DSL it was always crappy when the weather was bad. i'm guessing it was waterlogged lines so maybe you could have a similar problem given our recent weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

guys,

Each town geting NGB now, they have to do this to bring us to NGB hurrray, and after.... nothing changed lots of disconects ets and speed up to 3mb , thats NeXt Generation Brodband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate(kbps) 512 7168
    MaxRate(kbps) 1164 10688
    NoiseMargin(dB) 24.0 17.9
    Attenuation(dB) 29.0 15.0
    Power(dBm) 11.9 19.8

Those are good line stats, so that's not the problem anyway. My take on a slow down is always the same; congestion. They say NGB is congestion free, but I don't believe that for 1 second.

In your case, it's either congestion, or a network wide problem. You're the only one complaining though, so I think network wide error is unlikely. Congestion is likely to hit more than just you too, though not in the same way as a larger network issue would.

Suggestion; since you're central Limerick, is UPC an option? I find it's pretty much the best around here. More than likely it will beat the pants off your 7Mb NGB, and for less money too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

chrabo wrote: »
    Each town geting NGB now, they have to do this to bring us to NGB hurrray, and after.... nothing changed lots of disconects ets and speed up to 3mb , thats NeXt Generation Brodband.
    welcome to Ireland! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i'm out in killaoe, so ont at exchange, but it goes through limerick, my speeds are gone to pot for the last week as well, on eircom 7mb, but getting 300kb/s at the moment, up to a week ago was getting 6Mb+ consistently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Eircom NGB will have absolutely no effect on your line to the Exchange.
    If its crap to start with, it'll be crap after they've "upgraded".
    The only thing that the NGB does, is improve the backhaul from the Exchange to the rest of Eircom's network.

Advertisement