If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a simple DTT decoder

Options
  • 12-11-2010 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi richersounds,

Looking for advice on an entry level mpeg4 decoder for terestrial television.

Its for my mother in law so the #1 requirement is that it has to be easy to use.
    (Her only requirement is for good picture quality on the 4 core rte channels.)

I know that dtt is available in the area.

There is also a sky box that is already plumbed in (but subscription not in use any more) so a "nice to have" would be a box that could also decode free to air satellite using the existing sky satellite dish/wiring etc.

What are my options?

Cheers,
    Barry

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi richersounds,

Looking for advice on an entry level mpeg4 decoder for terestrial television.

Its for my mother in law so the #1 requirement is that it has to be easy to use.
    (Her only requirement is for good picture quality on the 4 core rte channels.)

I know that dtt is available in the area.

There is also a sky box that is already plumbed in (but subscription not in use any more) so a "nice to have" would be a box that could also decode free to air satellite using the existing sky satellite dish/wiring etc.

What are my options?

Cheers,
    Barry

Barry,

We don't stock a specific MPEG4 STB - we are going to try the Humax HD Fox-T2 which is UK Freeview HD compatiable - however this IS a UK model but we'll check it out to see if it works at the moment with the new DTT broadcasts in the ROI,

Keep you posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Barry,

We don't stock a specific MPEG4 STB - we are going to try the Humax HD Fox-T2 which is UK Freeview HD compatiable - however this IS a UK model but we'll check it out to see if it works at the moment with the new DTT broadcasts in the ROI,

Keep you posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew
    That definitely does work with saorview and is a lovely box just like it's satellite sister.
    The only issue is series link but I don't know if RTEnl are using series links on saorview yet.
    If you are considering stocking them I'd like a boardsie price quote on one as it would suit me down to the ground,given I can get freeview HD in arklow aswell as saorview all on the one epg thanks to welsh overspill :)
    I'm currently using the cheaper sagemcom freeviewhd unit and find it not a patch on my old humax sd unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Barry.

Our latest price on that one is £129.95 with shipping at £11.99.

You can also take out the 5 year supercare cover on it for just £12.95 which is refundable if it does not go faulty.

I have these in stock so drop me a line if you'd like one.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.