Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to Remove skirting and preserve it

Options
  • 12-11-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi folks, i need to take off the skirting in our en-suite as we are tiling the floor. when complete i will need to put the skirting back.
    its not a big room but i want to know what is the best way to remove the skirting so that it will be in good enough knick to put back on after the job is done.
    thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SuomiJohn

Careful use of a small prybar should take it off in one piece. It depends how its fixed on, Nails, screws or adhesive. It could also be a combination of those.
    If there is adhesive on the back of the skirting you would be better of replacing it. Its a pain in the ring to take that off wood, been there, done that!;)

Also, the old skirting will probably make the new tiles look bad.

I reckon you should just replace it.

Advertisement