Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 voicemail not using up flexi-units

Options
  • 12-11-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with voicemail on the 3 network on bill pay.

Moved to 3 network 2 months ago and I'm really happy with the service, costs etc but have an issue with voicemail. When I checked my bill my voicemail had not been taken from any of my flexi-units I had and was charged directly to my account.

Is this just the way with 3? Is there any number other than 171 to ring voicemail which will deplete to my units instead of charging to my bill directly?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you have a smartphone you should be able to use Hullomail. Otherwise I don't think there's a way to avoid voicemail charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Am on Mini Flex and I have

"Voice calls
    Your allowance includes standard voice & video calls & voicemail is free.
    (Free = Free 3 to 3 calls and Voicemail)"

Checked bill and sure enuff VM is free and not deducted form units.

One oddity I have noticed is that to text the UK from Ireland is 20.7c however to text the same number in the UK from the UK is 10.7c - odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

You need to look at the 'small' print for your phone plan.
    I'm on the SIM-ONLY Flex Smartphones Plan, and it explicitly lists voicemail in it's 'out of bundle' pricing list - which means everytime I check voicemail I get charged :(

Like PP mentioned, I use HulloMail to get around this - uses up my data allocation (which I have plenty of) instead. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

blobbie wrote: »
    One oddity I have noticed is that to text the UK from Ireland is 20.7c however to text the same number in the UK from the UK is 10.7c - odd.
    Those prices are excluding VAT, including VAT they are 25c and 13c respectively.

The reason for those prices is simple. In Ireland, texts to Irish numbers are charged (or free) as per normal, while international texts cost 25c each. Once you leave Ireland however roaming rates apply. EU legislation then limits the maximum prices that can be charged (if you are texting/calling another EU number). This is currently set at 13c.

However if you roam on 3 UK while over there then "3 like home" rates apply and inclusive flexi units will cover the cost of any texts sent to Irish numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Prisoner

Any idea whether voicemail is still free if you're roaming on 3 like home?

Can't find any mention of it on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Depends on your price plan...
    Any idea whether voicemail is still free if you're roaming on 3 like home?

Can't find any mention of it on their website.

Advertisement