Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

broken screen X-fi2

• 12-11-2010 11:19am

My sister cracked the screen in her Creative Zen X-fi2. Now it looks cracked, but you cannot feel a crack. It seems to be beneath the surface layer of the screen.
    I got in contact with Creative and they say its no longer under warranty due to accential damage. she never dropped it but fair enough, its hard to explain that a cracked screen wasn't out fault. They also wont repair it for a cost as it "wouldn't be worth their while." They cant even put me in contact with someone who will.

Iv searched the interweb and cant find anyone who will fix it. Does anyone know of a conpany that repairs them?
    I can't even find a replacement screen so I can have a go at it myself. Anyone know where I could buy one?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It'd probably be as cheap to buy another mp3 player, a bit surprised that creative haven;t been able to help you at all - there was a time when their customer service was the absolute best.

It took 4 emails to convince them that it wasn't a firmware problem. My emails got progressivly more angry after that.

Even if I could get a replacement screen, id have a go at fixing it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 disassembler

I disassembled my broken x-fi2 yesterday, to find out the manufacturer of the screen. It turned out the screen is manufactured by Truly Displays, http://www.trulydisplays.com/index.html I didn´t find the display on that page, but if you really want your x-fi2 fixed you could send them an e-mail and they will probably be able to help you.
    It is a 46 pin TFT screen. there are several codes on the screen, I don´t know which indicates the screen model, on the connectors it says: TFT8K3258FPC-A1-E. On the back of the display it says: TFT1P0995 G090820-AE, TC300-56-C-P4-J-E 908160512C. However I´m afraid that a replacement screen will cost about 50$ or more, and also you need to disassemble the old screen and solder the new one onto the circuit board

Thank you sir!!!!

Ill send them an email and see what happens. Id pay the $50 dollars for it no bother (hoping i dont get killed with the tax). I should be okay with the soldering but I dont have a choice really. I cant even pay someone to fix the fcuking thing.

Thanks again, and Ill post any updates here.

Advertisement