Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the play "Philadelphia, Here I come" suitable for children?

• 12-11-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen this play? If so is there any swearing and other content unsuitable for children?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

i don't remember anything bad, there might be a bit cursing, nothing else, it was on for the inter cert if i remember rightly

the dvd has PG on it..
    http://www.amazon.com/Brian-Friels-Philadelphia-Here-Come/dp/B0000TPAEW

the libraries have the dvd, well worth watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Theres only a bit of cursing not anything sexual

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Depends on their age - there's a bit of cursing alright from Gar Private - uses a lot of 'Bugger' terms when he's having a rant. teenagers always get great delight at being able to say 'stupid bugger', Buggeroo and Screwballs when reading it in class but that would go over the heads of lots of children. Don't know though if children would enjoy it much or get the whole alter ego aspect. Lots of comic moments but it's still a bit depressing for little ones.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

what age are the kids? Philadelphia isn't really a great play to bring kids too, not something young children are going to get or enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

As mentioned above, it's a harmless enough play, but also not particularly entertaining for children.

• Advertisement
Advertisement