Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N8 vs HTC Wildfire

Options
  • 12-11-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Anyone here used both the Nokia N8 and HTC Wildfire?
    Thinking of upgrading to one of them so just wondering how they compare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Its not a really fair comparison as the Wildfire is a low end Android phone where as N8 is the flagship device so far from Nokia.

Tbh i dont see the point of even considering it unless your on a tight budget. If your looking at price range of N8 you could also consider HTC Desire or Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy S as they would offer full experience. Where Wildfire is a scalled down version of the Desire and doesnt offer much :S Biggest Con of HTC wildfire is the screen resolution which is very low.

Nokia N8 is very well built. Though still an ancient UI and still laggy at certain points (though big improvement from N97) but the camera and the FM transmitter are bigges pros of that phone.

Have a look at youtube reviews

and part 2 for nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

If your looking at price range of N8 you could also consider HTC Desire or Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy S as they would offer full experience.

Cheers for all that. Wildfire available as free upgrade and n8 fo €40 or somethin like that. They were the 2 phones they mentioned

Im sure theres more options for upgrade. But between them 2 id def ditch the Wildfire

Im sure theres more options for upgrade. But between them 2 id def ditch the Wildfire

Ah yeah probably are, they were just the 2 phones the lad was peddling. I didnt have time to go through other options. Cheers for the info though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Ah yeah probably are, they were just the 2 phones the lad was peddling. I didnt have time to go through other options. Cheers for the info though.

ye if they are offering the N8 for €40 then I would check what other options you have as you should get high end android/iphones for in and around that as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op what do you want, or need in a phone?

Davy wrote: »
    Op what do you want, or need in a phone?

Mainly use for calls, texts, wifi and music. Would like decent size screen, would have to be decent build quality too and decent battery life.

Currently have Nokia E71 and has served me well for almost 2 years but the screen cracked a while back so its annoying me, that and the keys are getting a bit worn

You could have a look at Desire HD. It has a large screen (makes a big difference)
    As far as some people from boards reported up to 36 hours of use :) which isnt bad for a big screen phone with a 1ghz processor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The N8 is great, and im sure you will like it. You will know how to work it coming from the E71, but you will miss the qwerty. You could wait a few more weeks and get the E7. Its more or less an N8 with slide out qwerty. The camera isn't as good as the N8, but miles better than the E71.

Between the two in the title, it has to be the N8 without a doubt. Best nokia in a long time.

Advertisement