Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community centre??

Options
  • 12-11-2010 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Looking for somekinda hall or community centre to rent out a couple of hours a week in the evenings for roller skating practise.. any ideas?? i tried leisure land and i'm waiting on city council to get back to me with some ideas ;-)
    any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Is it still possible to rent school halls? Failing that, I believe Pat Joyce knows a thing or two about community centres...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 onzie

You could try the Galway Rowing Club in Woodquay. They have a largish hall and I know that they rent it out for things like dance classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lil'one

thanks for your suggestions. Tried a couple of schools, full every evening.
    Same with any of the community centres i've gotten in touch with!
    Can't get an answer from the rowing club yet but i'll keep trying ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mcmurphy995

Try the yellow center in westside or there is a community center in ballybane that would be perfect for rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

You could also try the the Arus on Dr. Mannix Road. That can be rented, too.
    CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Castlegar sports centre in Roscam has a big hall. Contact the GAA club re renting it, I believe.

I believe there's something called the Patrician Hall - no idea where it is (might be a school hall???) of if it would be suitable.

The Band Hall may be suitable, but I think it's pretty busy.

And I hate to by a kill-joy, but I hope you've got PL insurance sorted out. No one's gonna want to hire to you if they may be liable for broken limbs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Insurance or no insurance everywhere seems to be booked up complely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Robbo wrote: »
    Is it still possible to rent school halls? Failing that, I believe Pat Joyce knows a thing or two about community centres...

Oh you lovable scamp...he did make good on that eventually didn't he? Or is it still not open?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

What about Claddagh Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Cant find a number online for them

EDIT: found one

• Advertisement
Advertisement