Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nile and zonaria playing button factory

Options
  • 12-11-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hey everyone, nile and zonaria are playing the button factorynext year.with the likes of fear factory, cannibal corpse and eye hate god playing recently in ireland it looks good for music in ireland.the world is finaly begining to see that there is a underground music culture in ireland.it makes me think of why there arnt many successful irish bands.Warpath being the only real one in my opinion.hopefully with more bands such as chimaira and so forth coming to ireland it will help small irish bands get a chance to play.do the still have that rule where if a foreign band plays that an irish band must support them?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was thinking of going to see Nile. I agree that there has been good bands coming to Ireland lately, Misery Index later this month, Decapitated next month, Suffocation played the same weekend as Corpse. I'd say it'd be hard enough for bands to get big without being on a big name label (Metal Blade, Roadrunner, Earache etc.), if we had more on them, that'd really help it spread more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Nile haven't been worth seeing since Jon Vesano and Tony Laureano left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

kilgannon wrote: »
    .with the likes of fear factory, cannibal corpse and eye hate god playing recently in ireland it looks good for music in ireland.the world is finaly begining to see that there is a underground music culture in ireland.
    For at least the last ten years the number of bands playing Ireland from the Underground scene has been pretty good, just look at the bands DME have brought to Ireland alone
    it makes me think of why there arnt many successful irish bands.Warpath being the only real one in my opinion.
    :confused: Depending on your definition of successful I'd rate Primordial(signed to Metal Blade), Gama Bomb (signed to Earache) and Abaddon Incarnate, to name just three bands, as doing quite well. There is also a lot of Irish talent out there getting good reviews and press attention (Steel Tormentor and Speedking off the top of my head).
    hopefully with more bands such as chimaira and so forth coming to ireland it will help small irish bands get a chance to play.do the still have that rule where if a foreign band plays that an irish band must support them?
    There is and never was any rule like that. The reason so many bands play here with local support (especially if it MCD/Aiken) is it is cheaper than taking the full tour package and you may not even have to pay the local boys. Also if they are a **** promoter i.e. MCD/Aiken you just get them using whichever local band they are currently friends with to fill every slot (at the moment it seems to be Sweet Savage).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Hanneman213

Melechesh, who are supporting Nile on their European tour, are the band the watch. Their new album "The Epigenesis" is amazing. There like a black metal version of Nile almost!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

think i'll be checking this out... anyone know the dates?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

DrumSteve wrote: »
    think i'll be checking this out... anyone know the dates?
    It's Friday the 11th of February

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kilgannon

it seems to me that true music is really comi ng to shine at the moment.if bands like these keep coming to ireland than i will be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

it seems to me that true music is really comi ng to shine at the moment.if bands like these keep coming to ireland than i will be very happy.

True that... been a big fan of nile since I heard the Winds of Horus on some cd years ago. the song that really got me interested in black metal and death metal so to speak.

Advertisement