Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick (Caherdavin) 10 miler - St.Stephens Day

Options
  • 12-11-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've heard this is an annual event (?) but haven't taken part in it before and can't find any info on d'internet.

Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers cm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've heard this is an annual event (?) but haven't taken part in it before and can't find any info on d'internet.

Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers cm

Yes i know about this event as it starts and finishes beside my house, ran it 3 times. Registration is in Caherdavin Community Centre, 10 euro entry i think. Race starts at 11am. Its the Limerick County 10 mile championship. The race goes out to Cratloe on the old cratloe road and comes back in along the dual carriageway, turns left at Ivans and finishes 200m later. Not sure what impact the new tunnel will have this year but they plan on using the dual cariageway still. Its hilly enough out towards cratloe, then fairly flat on the dc. Usually over 100 runners. It was cancelled last year cause of the ice and rescheduled to new years day. Good atmosphere at the start. I'd recommend it but not for a PB. Usualy won in 51-54 mins, would be 10-15 at least under the hour. Theres a 5 mile race on too but thats for wimps!

Sorry i couldnt be of more help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers Brian - that's pretty comprehinsive info :)

Won't be going for a PB i'd imagine...will be probably sweating gravy at mile 8. Should be good prep for Dungarvan anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Nice one Brian. I was wondering about this event as well. Is it all serious club runners or is there a "fun" runner element to it? Doesn't sound like it if there's only 100 or so runners. I'd be more the 80 min 10 mile mark..My other half is from Limerick and I'll be down there for Christmas. Would be interested in a leg stretcher on Stephen's Day..

Nialler73 wrote: »
    Nice one Brian. I was wondering about this event as well. Is it all serious club runners or is there a "fun" runner element to it? Doesn't sound like it if there's only 100 or so runners. I'd be more the 80 min 10 mile mark..My other half is from Limerick and I'll be down there for Christmas. Would be interested in a leg stretcher on Stephen's Day..

Yeah theres loads of slower runners in it

2008 results in pdf file;
    http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=8&ved=0CEwQFjAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcompuweb.ie%2F_uploadedimages%2Fc10_finish_results_2008_limerickac.ie_d2b742448b.pdf&rct=j&q=limerick%2010%20mile%20championships%20results&ei=EmLdTIrwNcqJhQfrldy_DQ&usg=AFQjCNFu-ATmg7p3xoRfA9FXdw3EN_e0Lw&sig2=B22Mw5P3ejsxkmdCz5-8Ww&cad=rja

I shamefully dropped out at halfway and got a lift back to caherdavin :o

Excellent stuff Brian. That should give me an incentive to behave myself on Christmas Day. Looking forward to it. Hopefully I don't need a lift back to Caherdavin as well although stranger things have happened...

• Advertisement

I suspect there may be a few DNF's on any race on St.Stephens Day due to over-carb-loading and ..err..over hydration the previous day ;)

I think there's a 3 mile race in UL the Sunday before Xmas too which could work as a warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cindyss

That is great runs thru my neck of the woods, if there is any information as in a website for this race I would appreciate if you could but the details up here. The race followed by a couple of pints at the races sounds the job, Gary

Hi All,
    Doeas anyone know the organisers of this race or details about it,
    touch and go whether it will be on, really want to to do it but not go there on the day and find it will be cancelled,
    Thanks, Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Keep an eye on www.limerickac.ie - if it's cancelled before Stephens Day, it should be up there.

If not, check here on Stephens morning before you head to the race and one of us will be able to confirm if it's on or not.

Thanks for that, I got the phone number of the organiser from the Limerick sports partnership website and had a chat. It is going ahead as planned, a slight course change turning left at the Radisson/Limerick inn and back in the Old Cratloe road to avoid the roundabouts, lookinfg forward to it,
    Regards, Gary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Last year it was announced on the morning that it was cancelled.

Btw, if ANYBODY going to this is driving from anywhere near Tipp Town I would be very grateful if anyone could pick me up. Petrol paid for on the morning! Am been coerced to go to Tipp to spend Xmas with the Family this year.FML

Waterford half was a race i was dying to get out of my system and i just do not think i can last until Jan without racing!

Hi. Any news on this? Is it going ahead?

Great race, conditions ok for running. Good atmosphere in the community centre afterwards. 10.2 miles my garmin got for the 10 mile race, probably 0.1 of a mile long, but better long than short.

Ran the race also, really enjoyed it. Any idea where I can get the results? They were recording them at the finish so I presume they're available somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

I also ran it. They ran out of pins at registration so I had to fish my number out of my jocks to show them at the finish. :o They also ran out of toilet paper in the loo. Luckily I was the last one in to use it. :)

The race was good though running besides a main road isn't that great but it was only for a little while. I didn't really miss any water stops as it was a cool day. There was an episode where I took a goo and nearly died chocking so water would have been handy there. But....it was all good.

I also hope to see the official results as my heart rate monitor said 1:15 and I had no stop watch as the strap broke the previous day. am happy with the result considering I started near the back and the plan was to go at marathon pace......as I warmed up I thought bugger it, let's go. :D

Can someone please post a link to results here once they are released ?

TIA

Howdy HobbyMan - this is the thread for last year's race....:)

The current one is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056457473&page=3

Full results not available yet as far as I know... prelim info here - http://www.westlimerickac.com/

Advertisement