Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used currency fair?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭howiya

emilymch1 wrote: »
    Is there any up date on all of the above????? thanks

I regulary have to transfer money from my irish a/c to my daughters uk student a/c

thanks

If you're using your bank for this you are getting fleeced. Check your banks online exchange rates compared to those offered by Currency Fair or Transfermate etc.

I've only used a company called Transferwise so far. They're based in the UK and are very reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 19 james2015

Highly recommend these guys.I use quite regularly and have never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 o'grainne

I read with interest on Boards.ie of the company Currency Fair for sending funds abroad and decided to set up an acount with them, only to discover that they do not send funds to Zimbabwe.

Such a pity as I have family there and send funds from time to time.

Don't know what the reason is, perhaps it is Robert Mugabe?, but it is limping along economically, and has a good banking system, have transferred from my bank successfully, if expensive, as it hits another Bank enroute and there is a charge for that also!! and Western Union is available there.

So its back to my local Bank for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

o'grainne wrote: »
    I read with interest on Boards.ie of the company Currency Fair for sending funds abroad and decided to set up an acount with them, only to discover that they do not send funds to Zimbabwe.

Such a pity as I have family there and send funds from time to time.

Don't know what the reason is, perhaps it is Robert Mugabe?, but it is limping along economically, and has a good banking system, have transferred from my bank successfully, if expensive, as it hits another Bank enroute and there is a charge for that also!! and Western Union is available there.

So its back to my local Bank for me.

Can't really see the relevance of this to the Australia forum, in a thread about sending money to/from Australia?

Advertisement