Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DFI Nash VS Jambo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CraicMusic

Great battle!
    Very tough decision for the judges to call, both MCs were solid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That's the best I've seen yet. Very tough decision, I dunno if they got it right, home advantage played a huge part. Neither of them deserved to lose that.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bob5666

keep it up man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

god bless them they do try but fukking hell their shyt. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

Have you done anything better?

• Advertisement

ItsNugget wrote: »
    Have you done anything better?
    was messing about between me toes today and pulled out a piece of fluff more impressive than that shyt.
    my sock fluff>>>>>>>>jambo and nash..
    fukking jambo.lol

Haha what are you another idiot that asked to battle on dfi and got told no? Gaet the **** out of here.

Haha what are you another idiot that asked to battle on dfi and got told no? Gaet the **** out of here.
    lol didnt know this shyt existed until the other day.
    no offence intended,its just horribly bad.

seriously though,jambo?
    dublin "rappers" picking their names from roddy doyle books.
    fukking jambo.lol

Thats cool mate the big crowd of people who come into every event and buy all the merch think its great. As do the people who clock up the thousands of views on youtube for us.

• Advertisement

fair enough,personally i think it sounds awful,maybe the thousands of viewers on youtube find it amusing,in a this is so bad its good kind of way?

You'd think of them might have mentioned it by now? I certainly wouldnt pay good money into an event thats so bad its good. Or buy cds and t shirts for the same reason.
    Do ya think the digital tv station that gave us a weekly slot think the same?

You'd think of them might have mentioned it by now? I certainly wouldnt pay good money into an event thats so bad its good. Or buy cds and t shirts for the same reason.
    Do ya think the digital tv station that gave us a weekly slot think the same?
    you charge people to get into that crap?
    tbf the crowds are by no means huge,its also quite possible a fair proportion of the crowd know the "freestylers" personally.
    if theres a couple or more battles a night,each person involved in a battle bring a few people each,that probably accounts for the crowd,hardly as impressive as your trying to make it sound.

like i said,at least they try but at the end of the day its terrible,those involved will disagree but those of us who have supported the genre all their lifes know its crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Two threads in the hip-hop section ive checked and your talking waffle. Seems to me someone has nothing better to do than look for things that annoy him/her. And while the lads battling are out having fun youll still be at home looking for stuff to annoy ya............ Ah well...............:confused:

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    you charge people to get into that crap?
    tbf the crowds are by no means huge,its also quite possible a fair proportion of the crowd know the "freestylers" personally.
    if theres a couple or more battles a night,each person involved in a battle bring a few people each,that probably accounts for the crowd,hardly as impressive as your trying to make it sound.

like i said,at least they try but at the end of the day its terrible,those involved will disagree but those of us who have supported the genre all their lifes know its crap.
    How would you know if the crowd is huge? Ya havent been to an event and ya cant see the whole crowd in the vid.
    Considering the battlers and people who know them dont really pay in and we always get about 150 or more paying customers to anevent we put on our selves with little or no promotion its not just battlers mates supporting it.

People who supported the genre all their life? What the **** do ya think i've been doing pal? I've been at hundreds of hiphop gigs in this city. By the way this pulls in more than most of them.
    I've seen papoose and late great guru pull in less people.
    All the people at this are hiphop heads and im constantly getting hiphop heads contacting me saying they love it.
    Dont try and make out like everyone thinks its ****. You think think its ****. Not everybody.

Haters gon' hate.

How would you know if the crowd is huge? Ya havent been to an event and ya cant see the whole crowd in the vid.
    Considering the battlers and people who know them dont really pay in and we always get about 150 or more paying customers to anevent we put on our selves with little or no promotion its not just battlers mates supporting it.

People who supported the genre all their life? What the **** do ya think i've been doing pal? I've been at hundreds of hiphop gigs in this city. By the way this pulls in more than most of them.
    I've seen papoose and late great guru pull in less people.
    All the people at this are hiphop heads and im constantly getting hiphop heads contacting me saying they love it.
    Dont try and make out like everyone thinks its ****. You think think its ****. Not everybody.
    im pretty sure those who are not involved in the scene think its shyt.
    im also positive that those who are involved,those who go the shows,go week in week out,and comment on the youtube videos,so the good feed back is coming from those with an interest.

its shyt,those of us out side the core few people who support it would tell you so,the "free stylers" are embarrassingly bad.

maybe they know their shyt and just do it for a laugh?

and btw im just saying,ive been into rap since i was a nipper,it didnt take a white rapper to make me realize i could actually like the genre,its not a huge deal,just saying is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

im pretty sure those who are not involved in the scene think its shyt.
    im also positive that those who are involved,those who go the shows,go week in week out,and comment on the youtube videos,so the good feed back is coming from those with an interest.

its shyt,those of us out side the core few people who support it would tell you so,the "free stylers" are embarrassingly bad.

maybe they know their shyt and just do it for a laugh?

and btw im just saying,ive been into rap since i was a nipper,it didnt take a white rapper to make me realize i could actually like the genre,its not a huge deal,just saying is all.
    I'm not sure wat your tryin to achieve here?

Makaveli wrote: »
    Haters gon' hate.
    the word hater is a term that describes someone who claims to dislike something,that claims something is shyt.
    when its obviously not shyt,in fact its quite good.

that doesnt describe me.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'm not sure wat your tryin to achieve here?
    im not trying to achieve anything,i stated a fact in my first post and people chose to reply.
    in the world of forums when a person replies to one of your posts you generally reply back,your aware of that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

i

It's A Cappella battling not free-styling.
    If you are going to spout ****e atleast be right about the format you are trying act like are better than.

Hugh Cream wrote:
    im not trying to achieve anything,i stated a fact in my first post and people chose to reply.

You stated an opinion not a fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

And if it was so ****.
    Why are people like Madness, Thesaurus, Soul Khan, Dirtbag Dan, Kid Twist, some of the best battlers in the world, all trying to come over and battle Irish lads?

Seaneh wrote: »
    It's A Cappella battling not free-styling.
    If you are going to spout ****e atleast be right about the format you are trying act like are better than.
    my bad,ive never heard of a capella battling,how does it differ from free styling?

You stated an opinion not a fact.
    my opinion happens to be fact,its like saying ireland were shyt the other night,thats an opinion that happens to be a fact.

Seaneh wrote: »
    And if it was so ****.
    Why are people like Madness, Thesaurus, Soul Khan, Dirtbag Dan, Kid Twist, some of the best battlers in the world, all trying to come over and battle Irish lads?
    so basically what your saying is,these battlers have expressed an interest in taking part in battling if their ever in the country.
    obviously when asked a specific question about irish battlers,its really not like these battlers have made it a lifes mission to get here and battle jambo(lol)

if these battlers wanted to battle jambo(lol) they would have done it already.
    quick question,all the monies made from merchandise and gate receipts could be used to send one of the irish lads across the pond to battle one of the battlers mentioned above.
    that would be a nice gesture,why cant that happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Acapella battling has gotten popular in the last few years in American, Canadian and UK youtube channels. There's a bit of freestyling mixed in but it's mostly all pre-written and without beats (because spitting prewritten stuff over a random beat would be clunky, and it's easier to record clearly and stick on youtube). There are still some youtube freestyle battle channels but they're not that popular. DFI is just copying the most popular (current) format. Some people do a lot of freestyling in written leagues and get props, but it's not required. And written usually beats freestyle.

Some of the better US battlers want to battle here but they're going to look to have their expenses covered. It was the same when any of them went to the UK. When the top tier UK battlers went to the US they got 2nd or 3rd tier guys, and bodied them. But I don't think Grind Time are that interested in having some Irish/UK/Australian or even to an extent Canadian top tier battler cos 90% of their youtube audience won't have a clue who the **** they are. They'll keep putting top tier US rappers against each other because that's much more likely to get half a million views. That's all Grind Time care about at the end of the day.

A. Dont assume i got into hiphop through eminem as it wasn't. I was listening before that. Ya ****in arrogant dickhead.

B. Several top u.s. battlers have expressed an interest in coming here and not by us asking them either. It will happen. You say if they wanted to they would have came. The leagues only a going a few months it not like the first battle flew up and a planeload of yanks jumped on a plane.

C. Its not just people at the battles who watch them. The first event was small as in only people in the know were at it. It was only about half or less than usual. Maybe about 80 people.
    The first battle up has gotten 22 thousand views in the months since. 22000>80 do the math dickhead. People all over the world are watching and enjoying the battle.

End of the day if ya dont like the battles dont watch. Why should you care this much? Ya sad ****. Seriously get a life dickhead. Were out here doing something and getting a following and most importantly making money off battling and music and your trolling on a forum and think your luaghing at us. Seriously piss of.

ItsNugget banned for a week for personal abuse. Lads keep it civil please.

• Advertisement

A. Dont assume i got into hiphop through eminem as it wasn't. I was listening before that. Ya ****in arrogant dickhead.

B. Several top u.s. battlers have expressed an interest in coming here and not by us asking them either. It will happen. You say if they wanted to they would have came. The leagues only a going a few months it not like the first battle flew up and a planeload of yanks jumped on a plane.

C. Its not just people at the battles who watch them. The first event was small as in only people in the know were at it. It was only about half or less than usual. Maybe about 80 people.
    The first battle up has gotten 22 thousand views in the months since. 22000>80 do the math dickhead. People all over the world are watching and enjoying the battle.

End of the day if ya dont like the battles dont watch. Why should you care this much? Ya sad ****. Seriously get a life dickhead. Were out here doing something and getting a following and most importantly making money off battling and music and your trolling on a forum and think your luaghing at us. Seriously piss of.
    whats surprised me most about this whole discussion is people like nugget are involved in an art form which thrives on put downs,the things said in battle would make your jaw hit the floor.
    but here i am saying i dont like it,that i think its horrible,and he takes huge offence like hes never been insulted in his life.:rolleyes:

ItsNugget banned for a week for personal abuse. Lads keep it civil please.

Good. I hate Nugget. He's a big eejit.

in the world of forums when a person replies to one of your posts you generally reply back,your aware of that?

Yeah I know as judged by my high post count you may be aware I am familiar with how forums ( and trolling) work.

What I did not understand is why criticize for the sake of it? there is nothing constructive about your criticism. You posted your opinion and its just trying to put people down... surely if you wanted to do that you could go battle them?

They do something they love doing and 99% of the time they do it for nothing. I know haterz are going to hate but that just stupid.

Also Nuggit is a big eejit... shapey's right.:D

Also Nuggit is a big eejit...

BANNED.

BANNED.

your mod powers are weakening.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

your mod powers are weakening.
    .....mine aren't.

I have the utmost respect for the Irish DFI lads. The Irish hip-hop scene in all forms is eclipsed by the masses out paying 70 odd euro for Kings Of Leon, people tuning onto X-Factor like its a religion that actually gives something and whoever or what just happens to be popular at the moment. The numbers watching and attending is incredible based on the other fluff that has to be filtered out by the public.

They have carved out a pretty sucessful thing out of nothing, and DFI is going to keep growing and getting more well known. In saying that, sometimes I look at the quality versus the US and i think there is a long way to go for DFI here, but it's just an infant here right now and the standard is improving all the time. The talk of having some of the US battlers coming to our shores is huge for a small island with a small population, it proves that what DFI is doing is being recognised.

And i'm going to roll with the general consensus and be a sheep like society has taught me, Nugget is an eejit :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AggressiveWorm

wopper battle, lovin this!!! big up the lads!! banned for a week? jesus christ!! i have had 1st hand experience with mods here and i dont wish to post how i really feel about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

best battle so far. i do find jambo a bit annoying the way he shouts he's a bit like the english battler sensa in that respect. fair play though

Being shouty as possible is the best approach when it comes to getting the crowd involved. Half of them are drunk/can't hear/or don't know who you are so it's the best way to stop them talking through all your ****.

Yeah I know as judged by my high post count you may be aware I am familiar with how forums ( and trolling) work.

What I did not understand is why criticize for the sake of it? there is nothing constructive about your criticism. You posted your opinion and its just trying to put people down... surely if you wanted to do that you could go battle them?

They do something they love doing and 99% of the time they do it for nothing. I know haterz are going to hate but that just stupid.

Also Nuggit is a big eejit... shapey's right.:D
    as opposed to "thats brilliant" which seems to be completely acceptable?
    praise needs only to come in one word descriptions of opinion where as criticism deserves or demands pages and pages of constructive and clearly explanatory reasons as to why you dont like something?
    thats what i dont get.

like i said before,for people who take part in an art form which thrives on put downs and fierce criticism of skill youse are a very sensitive lot.

Any more off topic posts and the thread gets locked.

• Advertisement

Not sensitive at all pal. Its just the amount of negativity your bringing. I can accept anyone saying they dont like something but you've said everything you can to discredit it. Read your own posts.
    Anyway despite your best efforts 200+ people paid into dfi 6 last saturday so were doing something right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement