Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever Happened To The Bloodhound Gang

Options
  • 12-11-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I know they toured in the UK and Ireland in 2005 (played Rock Am Ring in 2006), would have been around this time of year as well, and they held a few Halloween parties up until 2009. But since they've shut down their forum and their website is pretty vacant on any kind of news - just wondering if these guys are still together, signed with Geffen, or doing anything?

I seriously regret not going to see them in Dublin when I had the chance. Immature, yes, but some songs had great riffs.

Found the following on YouTube, but considering Daniel P Carter is supposed to have reformed with "A" this seems a little hard to follow
    In October 2008 Lupus Thunder quit the band; this was announced on a blog on the band's MySpace by bassist Evil Jared. Daniel P Carter from A has been confirmed as the new lead guitarist.

Jimmy Pop recently announced during a radio interview in Boston that the new album will feature 14 songs and that the name of the album would be called "Getting Laid on a School Bus" with a possible release date of early 2011.

In late 2010, the band released a new song called "Altogether Ooky".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

A guity pleasure is BHG. Love them and caught them live in Whelans the last time they were here.

Didn't really miss them to be honest. Their last effort was a little too...........how do I put this...........'clean' production wise. If you catch my drift. Almost like they were playing to the record company instead of their fans.

Although Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo is still an amazing song! Pish myself laughing everytime I read the lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hilarious band, saw them in the village last time they were here. Met Jared too while absolutely smashed:o Every summer I want to see them at a festival, they'd be perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There's a limited time frame for 'comedy' bands to be successful. Most disappear after one or two humerous hits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

"One Fierce Beer Coaster" and "Hooray For Boobies" have some great songs on them. Was just thinking about digging these out and listening to them yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

There must be something wrong with Al Pacino's nose
    'Cos the scent of a woman is like rotten tomatoes

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I always liked The Ballad of Chasey Lain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I liked the cover of Kim Wilde's 'Kids in America'

I also like pie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There's a limited time frame for 'comedy' bands to be successful. Most disappear after one or two humerous hits

Not for BHG. They've had more than one or two humorous hits, and until I hear otherwise, are still going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ILike69

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jack presley
    Not for BHG. They've had more than one or two humorous hits, and until I hear otherwise, are still going

I agree with you man.And from what I've heard,they're making a new album,and if you go to iTunes,you can download a new song of theirs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I always thought they were a joke band ... novelty crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I have a bit of a soft spot for the Bloodhound Gang, haven't given them a proper listen in about a year or 2. They're in no way a guilty pleasure, cause I've no problem in saying I like them, although I'd avoid that at Brutal Death Metal gigs. :p

Advertisement