Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Squad Cars called to the Social Welfare Office this morning.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Have never set foot in the Galway social welfare office but Long Haired Beardy Guy must be one hell of a dude to have people be complimentary about their experience in a SWO!

:D (i'm laughing at the TM)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

So Mr.Beardy Man face, do tell why i'm waiting over 6 months for JSA?!!! otherwise i'll be the next to bomb that place!

Hi Edgedinblue, I wont bulls**t you. I don know why it is taking so long. Have you gone to your community welfare officer?

DeVore wrote: »
    Wow... its amazing (and gratifying) to see a thread about a PS worker without the word "scum" in it :)

(I had this thread on my watch-list for possible warfare :) )

Ummm go go beardy guy I guess. :)

DeV.

Completely agree with you DeV. Like I said, it just goes to show how being polite and treating people with respect can go a long long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Dutchess wrote: »
    if you have money for [ModEdit]placards[/ModEdit] or ingredients for [ModEdit]placards[/ModEdit] I'm sure you're grand.

There's always a few household ingredients my dear! A quick trip to Tesco and a few yoyos is all thats needed :p
    grosser wrote: »
    Hi Edgedinblue, I wont bulls**t you. I don know why it is taking so long. Have you gone to your community welfare officer?

Ah i have indeed, they've been quite helpful in the last few months. Without them id actually be homeless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

fair enough, chemistry was never my strong suit. please announce in advance so grosser can take the day off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I will of course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Edgedinblue - it took 8 months for my JSA claim to come through, 18 months ago. That was some backpay cheque!! :eek:

(We survived on Mr Xiney's earnings + savings 'til then, for the record)

Eventually I just started showing up about once a day to ask when it was going to get processed. May not have been the nicest thing to do but I was getting rather sick of it at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

go on the bearded guy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

DeVore wrote: »
    Wow... its amazing (and gratifying) to see a thread about a PS worker without the word "scum" in it :)

(I had this thread on my watch-list for possible warfare :) )

Ummm go go beardy guy I guess. :)

DeV.

dont speak to soon, It might happen yet :) someone springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

scoobygirl wrote: »
    That's the guy, not beardy guy, the other guy.

Wow, a lot of big words there, and all of them correctly spelt. I'm not taking the piss out of the guy, but usually protesters have atrocious spelling for far smaller words. I'm genuinely impressed.

Give him the dole, we need more grammar sticklers in this country.

• Advertisement

scoobygirl wrote: »
    That's the guy, not beardy guy, the other guy.

I kinda want that shirt now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Didn't someone try to burnt the dole office down recently?

Just walked in and started pouring petrol on the floor....
    Dutchess wrote: »
    yep

What happened next?

He must have forgot his lighter because the dole office is still there. :pac:

Lapin wrote: »
    What happened next?

He must have forgot his lighter because the dole office is still there. :pac:

sorry, this was actually not in Galway, but in Ballina.

He just left it at pouring petrol anyway, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭sue345

The long haired bearded dude makes my time there a pleasure whenever he's serving me.

Definitely agree with ya there, Ive gotten him the last few times Ive had to go in and hes been really helpful and explained everything perfectly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

There was a long dark hair girl that used to work there (maybe she still does) who was always friendly, and when I went in still waiting for my JSA to be processed after 7 months, she took ownership of the problem and said she would get it dealt with and she would phone me back, after I complained that no one was responding to my requests.

She nearly got flowers from me for her help, but I couldn't afford them.

Anyway I got a job a month ago after 16 months, so I wish everyone else luck in their 'adventure'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

MattKid wrote: »
    There was a long dark hair girl that used to work there (maybe she still does) who was always friendly, and when I went in still waiting for my JSA to be processed after 7 months, she took ownership of the problem and said she would get it dealt with and she would phone me back, after I complained that no one was responding to my requests.

She nearly got flowers from me for her help, but I couldn't afford them.

Anyway I got a job a month ago after 16 months, so I wish everyone else luck in their 'adventure'

Fair play, but might you be able to buy her the flowers now maybe?
    Would be a good morale boost. The bitterness will all be envious.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 brigadoon

This is the nicest thread I've seen; since ever!!! Just goes to show that the good you do never goes unnoticed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Certainly the nicest thread I've seen about a guy in a balaclava creating a civil incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Garda vans and a taped off area across the road from social welfare this morning, also a ghy setting up a video camera

from what I understood that had to do with the student protest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

grosser wrote: »

community welfare officers!! nice people except for one particular one who shall remain nameless but all who have had the pleasure of dealig with her will know who I'm talking about!!

she messed me around so much last year I could really see how some people snap and do crazy **** (I wanted to make the new saw movie with her starring in it, really I did!!)

thankfully I've moved on but I'm still paying rent from my dole cos if I go back to her again I'll be back to square one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Doom wrote: »
    Garda vans and a taped off area across the road from social welfare this morning, also a ghy setting up a video camera

They're making a six part TV series about the whole t-shirted protest thing. Commissioned by RTÉ and airing next June. It is already quoted in the Irish Independent as being a "tense and disturbing insight... as to how far someone will go to have their voice heard". It will be scheduled for the post watershed slot due to strong language and explicit frequent nudity.

Advertisement