Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis mma

• 12-11-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Anyone in ennis doing mma/bjj that can recommend a place to start training? I have absolutely no experience but its something I have always wanted to try.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Read an article in the Clare Champion last week about some guy just set up a brazillian ju jitzu gym in Ennis a couple of months ago (don't think it's the MMA Ennis one mentioned above). Don't remember off the top of my head what it was called but cool that there's something like that at all in Ennis. It's a pretty young sport.

There's kickboxing over in the Banner Martial Arts center on the Kilrush road, and maybe a couple of other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

That was the one I was thinking of. Might give it a lash next year when I'm finished college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Almost signed up for that 6 week beginners course John but wife is learning Italian on Mondays at the moment. I did Taekwon do for 3 years but always interested in BJJ. Did a couple of classes in UL under Fergal Quinlan years ago but sprained a thumb in the second week! and missed a few weeks and lost confidence in going back.
    Might try this out if another beginners class comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sucr

Thanks for all the information posted fellas, and playguard,ill try to get down next week hopefully for a look, going to check out the website now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement