Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST PRICED TYRES IN LIMERICK

• 12-11-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

I NEED TO REPLACE MY CAR TYRES AND AM WONDERING WHO GIVES THE BEST PRICE.
    THANKS
    quoted 80 euros from advance on the ennis road. EACH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

daveob007 wrote: »
    I NEED TO REPLACE MY CAR TYRES AND AM WONDERING WHO GIVES THE BEST PRICE.
    THANKS
    quoted 80 euros from advance on the ennis road. EACH

Buy them wherever you got that Caps Lock Key - Seems to have been top notch :D

- Gleesons near Newport are meant to be worth the trip.

Link

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's a little place on the Dock Road that do tyres for decent prices. I'll get the name of it soon for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

There is a place on the Kileely Rd called Thomond tyres, he is cheap, €55 a tyre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Lads, seriously - not all tyres are created equal. I know every euro counts at the moment, but believe me - a tenner extra a corner is worth it if it's the difference between Wan King Ditchfinders and a real tyre...

O/P at least throw out the size of the tyre your looking for, 80euro vs 50 euro could be the difference between 15inch wheels and 14inch wheels, or it could be a respectable brand versus el cheapo SuperTeflons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Victory Tyres on (just off) the Dublin road near the HSE building. I'm not saying they'll be the cheapest, but he'll take good care of you without robbing you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

osarusan wrote: »
    Victory Tyres on (just off) the Dublin road near the HSE building. I'm not saying they'll be the cheapest, but he'll take good care of you without robbing you.

+1 for Victory. very nices guys

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

There is a place on the Kileely Rd called Thomond tyres, he is cheap, €55 a tyre.

cheap yes

quality no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

osarusan wrote: »

+1. for Victory Tyres. Decent prices and good tyres.

He's located on Lelia St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

+1
    get all my 4x4 tyres from Victory.
    Changed front wheels to back once as wheels were wearing uneven.
    He refused to take money for this service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

With all due respect Andrewh1984 and not meaning to sound smart but that means absolutely nothing. Pretty much akin to saying I got a cheap watch at only €20. Might have being cheap but then again if it was a pound shop jobbie it wasn't so cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

+1 for Victory.

Theres also a small place in where Fentons scrapyard used to be, on the road to Patrickswell....attentive service there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

Mid West Tyres on the Dock Road, turn left just before the small roundabout for Corcanree. Well established and good service. Got 4 tyres there last January- BF Goodrich (not well known but hi quality make) 55 euros a pop. Very happy with my purchasehttp://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Mid-west Tyres in Raheen beside caseys furniture and texaco. Ask for Ger or Derek. They won't see you wrong.

also to the previous poster, BF goodrich are very well known. Good price you got there too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Give the size you want to us that might help, ring around.

JIm Grimes at Thomond Tyres normally the best value and good quality brands also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

+5 for Victory tyres. He's the only guy I'm aware of that stocks Vredestein. Great tyre for winter. Mine are R15/195 and about 85 quid a piece. He stocks economy brands too, but your tyres are the difference between stopping and rear ending someone so not worth "cheap" in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

thanks all for the help,,i did not really mean cheap as in rubbish i just wanted a fair deal without getting ripped off.
    mine are 17" by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd say €80 sounds too cheap for a 17" tyre if you do a lot of driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

ninty9er wrote: »
    +5 for Victory tyres. He's the only guy I'm aware of that stocks Vredestein. Great tyre for winter. Mine are R15/195 and about 85 quid a piece. He stocks economy brands too, but your tyres are the difference between stopping and rear ending someone so not worth "cheap" in the long run.

Love the Vredesteins myself. Great tyre in the wet.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bikershop.ie - Authorised merchant

Ask for tommy hayes mid west tyers dock road best deal around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

snowman707 wrote: »
    cheap yes

quality no

They do quality tyres there. I've never had a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭easytiger!

Mid West Tyres on the Dock Road, turn left just before the small roundabout for Corcanree. Well established and good service. Got 4 tyres there last January- BF Goodrich (not well known but hi quality make) 55 euros a pop. Very happy with my purchasehttp://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif
    I tried this place today, when I mentioned I had seen they were doing Goodrich Tyres for 55 each, yer wan behind the counter looked at me as if I had two heads. Ended up getting four bridgestone turanza for 80 each in Hanover Tyres out the Ballysimon Rd, which was the cheapest of four or five quotes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Just thought I would throw this post up as a bit of a helping hand for people when purchasing tyres or related services in Limerick. Just to clarify anything in this post is fact.

My mother in law brought her fathers 07 VW to Advance Pitstop in Cathedral Place as she knew the front tyres weren't the best and it was pulling a bit to one side. Upon inspection Advance told her that she needed 2 front tyres and that the back two were perished on the inner walls. Further to this one shock was leaking oil, so that would have to be replaced. You can't replace just the one so that would mean two replaced. Also it needed to be tracked and wheels balanced. For this work they quoted the price of €565. She was sure this couldn't be right so brought the quote home.

After a quick look over the car which is very very rarely driven I could see the front two tyres definitely needed to be replaced. To me the back two looked perfect and I could see nothing leaking on the shocks. I sent her to Mid West Tyres in Raheen who I have dealt with through the years. The lads there had a long look over the car, saw absolutely nothing wrong with the shocks and nothing wrong with the rear tyres with no signs of perishing on the inner wall. They gave her a choice of budget or better brand tyres. She picked a reasonable brand, got her 2 front tyres - tracking and balancing for €120. Car is now back to being perfect.

It is truly shocking that in this day and age garages still continue to operate as Advance did in this particular manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bikershop.ie - Authorised merchant

Mid West Your Only Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Just thought I would throw this post up as a bit of a helping hand for people when purchasing tyres or related services in Limerick. Just to clarify anything in this post is fact.

My mother in law brought her fathers 07 VW to Advance Pitstop in Cathedral Place as she knew the front tyres weren't the best and it was pulling a bit to one side. Upon inspection Advance told her that she needed 2 front tyres and that the back two were perished on the inner walls. Further to this one shock was leaking oil, so that would have to be replaced. You can't replace just the one so that would mean two replaced. Also it needed to be tracked and wheels balanced. For this work they quoted the price of €565. She was sure this couldn't be right so brought the quote home.

After a quick look over the car which is very very rarely driven I could see the front two tyres definitely needed to be replaced. To me the back two looked perfect and I could see nothing leaking on the shocks. I sent her to Mid West Tyres in Raheen who I have dealt with through the years. The lads there had a long look over the car, saw absolutely nothing wrong with the shocks and nothing wrong with the rear tyres with no signs of perishing on the inner wall. They gave her a choice of budget or better brand tyres. She picked a reasonable brand, got her 2 front tyres - tracking and balancing for €120. Car is now back to being perfect.

It is truly shocking that in this day and age garages still continue to operate as Advance did in this particular manner.

unfortunately this seems to happening more and more, especially with lady drivers

thanks for naming and shaming might save some motorist from being ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

Just got 2 tyres and tracking done at Victory Tyres this morning..Great value and very good to deal with...Will be getting all my tyres here in the Future..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

hi all,

sorry to drag up a thread, but wondering if anyone would know the best place to get Turanza ER300 tyres. (205/55R16 91H)

I know nothing about tyres, but don't want to buy rubbish ones either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭banie01

seachto7 wrote: »
    hi all,

sorry to drag up a thread, but wondering if anyone would know the best place to get Turanza ER300 tyres. (205/55R16 91H)

I know nothing about tyres, but don't want to buy rubbish ones either...

Replacing tyres on a Honda???
    If you want to avoid buying rubbish tyres avoid those for a start
    Read a few reviews http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews8670.html

A lot of lads I know driving honda's(Which these come with as standard) absolutely hate them, that said they are suppossed to be a good wet tyre.
    As for where to get them Midwest Tyres or Thomond Tyres should have them.
    Or buy online from the likes of here http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=79078219.124.26643&typ=R-103782&ranzahl=4&Breite=205&Herst=Bridgestone&Quer=55&Felge=16&Speed=H&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=124&sowigan=So

Hi,

Nope, the car is a Vauxhall Astra estate, with some fancy wheels on. I haven't a clue about them, they came with the car when I got it, but I need two new front ones. I'll try those two you posted thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭banie01

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi,

Nope, the car is a Vauxhall Astra estate, with some fancy wheels on. I haven't a clue about them, they came with the car when I got it, but I need two new front ones. I'll try those two you posted thanks...

Anyone I know who has those tyres never replaced them like for like ;)
    They wear quickly and most didn't like the road holding for the same money you could get Vreidstein or Barum or go a few quid more for continental/dunlop or similar.
    I have no experience of driving on them myself but more than a few mates have expressed their dislike for them handling/wearwise ;)

• Advertisement

cool, thanks for that. I'll go with your brand of recommendation :)

Advertisement