Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd climbing wall

Options
  • 12-11-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

was thinking about get a membership for the ucd climbing wall...was just wondering do you need someone with you there to climbing or if anyone climbings over there can you let us no what its like if it does be to packed or that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

you need someone to belay you, whether you go with someone or get someone there to do it doesn't matter. given that most people there are a pair or in a group it could be quite difficult to find a random person to climb with you.

Its busy enough in the evenings, but generally there's always a few ropes free, quietens down a good bit from about 830 onwards generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pplsgod

Might be a good idea to join a club where there will be always a few members to belay you and vice versa.

My own club "Club Cualann" climb in UCD throughout the winter and in Dalkey Quarry during the summer months.

Check out www.clubcualann.ie for more information if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭thepassanger

http://forum.climbing.ie/index.php?action=search2
    i think clubtimes are tuesdays and thursdays for ucd mountaineering club, other than that you have to book a belay test. (this can be done by the staff at the wall) ring up the sports centre and ask about it. when you have this done you get a little card which means you can use the wall, its not free but dont be put off id you dont have a climbing partner, i find that people are generally more than happy to belay you for a few and then you return the favour.

Advertisement