Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrum Jusitia - Ebay debt collectors

Options
  • 12-11-2010 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi All,
    Recently I got a letter from Intrum Jusitita who say they are a debt collector acting on behalf of EBAY...They are looking for payment of ~40.

Firstly, I placed an ad with Ebay but got nothing for it. It seems they kept trying to charge me for replacing the ad except they could not access my PayPal account. So now they have passed the debt to this crowd.

I never authorized these fees and this is the first I ever heard of it so feel it is completely unfair. I have no intention of paying these guys...

Any advice on what they can do...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Check your own records first, and see what it was you signed up to. When you place an auction on eBay, you will have to pay a fee, regardless of whether it sells or not. So, having placed an ad, there is definitely a fee for you to pay, and you did agree to it when you placed the ad. If you set it up as a recurring auction or something, that could explain the accumulative cost.

Pay the bill to eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ralph-saggi

I have checked and can see that it was for a recurring fee to re-list the ad.

Of course I had no idea this was happening as emails were being sent to a now closed email address...

Ebay are charging ~ 25 where as the debt agency are charging 40.
    My account is now suspended...any more suggestions?

You have to pay the bill, there is no other option. Pay it to eBay, not the debt collector. Never deal with debt collectors, only with the source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ralph-saggi

If I pay to PayPal, do the debt collectors have the right to keep chasing for the payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If I pay to PayPal, do the debt collectors have the right to keep chasing for the payment?
    No as the debt is paid! Just tell them you have paid ebay and let them sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I have letter from same.

On behalf of O2.

Ugh, don't know what to do at all!

Can't afford the full payment!

I reported the modem lost but they have no recollection at all and are charging me for unpaid charges and a disconnection fee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mist call them and arrange a payment plan that you can afford.

Will I call O2 or the dreaded debt people! :eek:

Misticles wrote: »
    Will I call O2 or the dreaded debt people! :eek:

Always go direct to the source, contact O2. Often they will waive part of the fee, and may arrange a plan for the remainder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The debt collectors have no legal powers whatsoever. Deal with the source only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

jor el wrote: »
    You have to pay the bill, there is no other option. Pay it to eBay, not the debt collector. Never deal with debt collectors, only with the source.
    Why is this? they on't pass it on?

You stop them from getting their cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Haddockman wrote: »
    The debt collectors have no legal powers whatsoever. Deal with the source only.

Absolutely, this Intrum Jusitia shower have absolutely no legal standing in Ireland and have featured prominently in various consumer programs, they are nothing short of bully boy thugs who use colorful letterheads and exaggerated claims in their absurd threatening letters to frighten people into paying up. Indeed they had their knuckles wrapped last year for breaching numerous regulations most notably the use of fictitious summons made to look like official legal court papers.

I ignored this shower for 12 months over a small disputed bill, eventually they gave up, that was three years ago.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Received another letter- now with the letterhead : Bill Holohan + associates solicitors- debts collection department

:eek:

You can be assured that Bill has never heard of you or your case.

Received another letter- now with the letterhead : Bill Holohan + associates solicitors- debts collection department

Yeah gotta love these ambulance chasing solicitor firms. I have noticed an increase in the number of these so called "Debt collection Departments". Its yet another ploy to frighten debtors into action. FFS, this over a €40 DEBT? if i were u i would right back and offer a payment schedule at €1 per week, proceed to your local post office and get weekly postal orders (OK they will cost u a little more) and send them off weekly to spite the ****ers who are obliged to accept a payment schedule. Processing the payments will far at way the actual alleged debt outstanding.

Mines is for 262e!

Mines is for 262e!

Jezz, still a small amount for these Vultures to be chasing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Don't worry - that name is ubiquitous and means fck all.
    Deal with the source direct and give them a monthly amount that you can afford to pay off your debt (don't renege)

Advertisement