Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to Remove skirting and preserve it

• 12-11-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi folks, i need to take off the skirting in our en-suite as we are tiling the floor. when complete i will need to put the skirting back.
    its not a big room but i want to know what is the best way to remove the skirting so that it will be in good enough knick to put back on after the job is done.
    thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

purerandom wrote: »
    hi folks, i need to take off the skirting in our en-suite as we are tiling the floor. when complete i will need to put the skirting back.
    its not a big room but i want to know what is the best way to remove the skirting so that it will be in good enough knick to put back on after the job is done.
    thanks for any help

It really depends on how the skirting was fixed on in the first place. Regardless, you can expect some damage to happen to it anyway once you try to remove it.

Are you're walls tiled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you tiling the walls aswell, then use a chisel, and go into the plasterboard and price behind the skirting. This will damage the plasterboard a little, but will keep the skirting perfect. The wall will still be fine for tiling over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Davy wrote: »
    If you tiling the walls aswell, then use a chisel, and go into the plasterboard and price behind the skirting. This will damage the plasterboard a little, but will keep the skirting perfect. The wall will still be fine for tiling over.

Then why not just tile directly to the floor? no need for skirting imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Then why not just tile directly to the floor? no need for skirting imo

Ye, im sure thats what he would be doing, I assumed for saving the skirting for elsewhere in the house. I might have picked it up wrong. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

A common garden shovel gently behind and leaver it off with no damage to walls or skirting.
    If its an en suite I would think there is less than 3 mtr of skirting, you do know a full length even moulded is only 10 euro or there abouts :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

A mechanics pry bar works a treat for me,slender enough to get in behind the skirting board,and then the angle on it to lever the skirting board off the wall without damaging it or the wall.:)

Oh and Noyeks Newmans have a HUGE range of skirting board,incase you do damage the skirting and need new skirting.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

650gs wrote: »
    A common garden shovel gently behind and leaver it off with no damage to walls or skirting.
    If its an en suite I would think there is less than 3 mtr of skirting, you do know a full length even moulded is only 10 euro or there abouts :confused::confused::confused:

JAAAYSUS.....:eek: A garden shovel... in the ensuite. Your a legend.

Advertisement