Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And they say lightning doesn't strike twice...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Love the reaction of the keeper, makes a slight run to the ball, well after it had crossed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Haha love the reaction of the keeper hes like yessss then WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

look at the guy who kicks.He just stands there knowing it could go in lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

does that not count as a miss? he hit the bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I don't think that would/should count, tbh, but I'm not sure of the ruling that would be given.

To me, your man missed the initial shot and I'm guessing it was a penalty shootout too; I reckon it would be the same as a keeper parrying a shot and the penalty taker scoring off the rebound... ergo, not allowed.

But it's a tricky one as there was no second shot; nobody else touched the ball on it's way into the net, so would it all count as one shot and be allowed to stand???

Class vid all the same, even after my nitpicking!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Lads, of course it is a goal, it just hit the cross bar and went in, how cold it be disallowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

DazMarz wrote: »
    I don't think that would/should count, tbh, but I'm not sure of the ruling that would be given.

To me, your man missed the initial shot and I'm guessing it was a penalty shootout too; I reckon it would be the same as a keeper parrying a shot and the penalty taker scoring off the rebound... ergo, not allowed.

But it's a tricky one as there was no second shot; nobody else touched the ball on it's way into the net, so would it all count as one shot and be allowed to stand???

Class vid all the same, even after my nitpicking!!!

why the hell wouldnt it count? it hit the bar and went in, same as a shot that hits the underside and goes in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

without a doubt its a goal,hit the cross bar and went in.funny vid,love the reactions of the 2 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Nope, it would be the same as the taker hitting a shot that was going just wide of the post, the keeper making a huge dive over the ball, it hitting off his elbow, and going in.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

That is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The ball went in off the crossbar. What's wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Itr certainly does count and counts as a comical clip too. Deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

definately a goal - one contact with the ball by the taker. Fairly made the keeper look like a plonker - would love to see it happen in the premiership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    definately a goal - one contact with the ball by the taker. Fairly made the keeper look like a plonker - would love to see it happen in the premiership!
    There aren't very many penalty shoot-outs in the premiership

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

isn't there something about the ball having to continue to move forward when takin a penalty in a penalty shootout.. the ball would have had to move backwards even an inch or two

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    isn't there something about the ball having to continue to move forward when takin a penalty in a penalty shootout.. the ball would have had to move backwards even an inch or two

if a shot hits the post and goes in off the keeper its a goal in a shootout

if the ball hits the bar and spins back over the line its a goal in a shootout

both afaik as ive seen both given in major games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    isn't there something about the ball having to continue to move forward when takin a penalty in a penalty shootout

No, only that the ball should move forward from the initial kick. It can do as many reversals and spin backs in the air (maybe after striking the bar/keeper) as it wants after that - until such time as it goes over the line or otherwise out of play, or the referee considers the penalty to be over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

or the referee considers the penalty to be over.
    Which, importantly, means that had the ref blown the whistle on the penalty before it came down and bounced in, it would not have counted. Sickener or what?

Advertisement