Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightforce Lamps At Island Sports Castlebar

Options
  • 12-11-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Well some new news just arrived on thar website about Lightforce lamps.

Seems there's no need to source your gear abroad anymore?

Prices are unbelievable:)

http://www.islandsports.ie/news.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Good prices there alright. The last time I inquired about a Blitz I laughed, €175. Ended up buying it all in postage etc for €105 from Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

johngalway wrote: »
    Good prices there alright. The last time I inquired about a Blitz I laughed, €175. Ended up buying it all in postage etc for €105 from Oz.

Yeah almost half price but for a few euro now, if you were starting off in shooting now your gear would cost half the price of a few years back with this shops latest deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

What a decent price and couldnt have come at a better time for me as it was on my xmas wishlist !!! Just rang them, bought the 170 scope mounted.
    He'll send it Monday morning and he said I'll have it on Tuesday - Delighted !!!
    The lad on the phone was top notch and appreciated the business am glad to have spent my cash at home rather then abroad aswell !

Now for some solo Charlie hunting me thinks.............:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Didnt see a price on the batterys for them lightforce lamps, any1 know how much they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

go to a local motorbike shop etc you will get a battery at half the price

• Advertisement

Didnt see a price on the batterys for them lightforce lamps, any1 know how much they are?

Check out the batterys here, these are the heavy lead ones:

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_33&zenid=ff69dbc5338a77afdaa44528ae7643e5

Heres he new lithium ion batterys..much lighter supposedly:

http://shop.maceoinltd.com/maceoinltd/product_info.php?cPath=60_78&products_id=537

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Why not ring John 087 2435460 at Island Sports and ask him about the batteries, he may have had them in with the lamps?

jap gt wrote: »
    go to a local motorbike shop etc you will get a battery at half the price

I didnt know you could do this !
    How do you get the right connectors fitted to the motor cycle battery ?

Do they last as long as the Deben batteries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

vixdname wrote: »
    I didnt know you could do this !
    How do you get the right connectors fitted to the motor cycle battery ?

Do they last as long as the Deben batteries ?

you can get plenty connectors, im sure there is a thread here about wiring it up

never had a deben so i couldnt say, the one i use i got from a neighbour that has them for lawnmowers

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

jap gt wrote: »
    you can get plenty connectors, im sure there is a thread here about wiring it up

never had a deben so i couldnt say, the one i use i got from a neighbour that has them for lawnmowers
    Electrical Wholesalers also have them, you must know a sparky that would pick you one up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

thanks for that, i was looking around pricing a scopemounted 170 lately and they are way cheaper than anything else i've spotted, have a blitz already but its too hard to motivate the father to go lamping with me so i need a one man setup, or else a new friend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

go to an electrical wholesales shop or maplins if you get near dublin, look for a 7ah drycell alarm battery you should get one for around the 20euro mark.

stay away from motor bike battery's as they contain an acid that can leak, they also cost around 50euro:eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Longrangelad

Thank you Fodda. Called John at Island Sports and bought a Liteforce Blitz 240 lamp for Euro. 119.00 plus 12 for carriage! INCREDIBLE price compared to what they are offering in the greater Dublin area! Have also ordered 200 rounds of Remington 55 gn 223 at 12.50 a box! My local dealer quoted me 19.99!. Anyhow,
    I hope that I get my licence soon - cant wait to get 'cracking'

€117 for a 18 or 20 amp battery? Give me patience.

You will get up to 33amp batteries off Ebay for €65, delivered. Search for sealed lead acid rechargeable.

I have Deben 800ma chargers anyway so I charge using them. Spade connectors/eye connectors or croc clips will all work. The spades and eye bolts will be much much more secure in a back pack moving around. Shoulder packs will kill you in no time.

You can buy the ciggie socket as well and hook it all up, or do a complete DIY job.

I can't remember how I found out which was the + and - on the charger. I have a hunch though I don't think it was the safest way and Clivej may possibly have told me off for doing it :o:D

33amp 360316649335
    28amp 360283204762
    20amp 360312580050
    18amp 400125051927

800ma charger 110607601815 for €15/16 compared to Debens €23 plus postage?- actually their prices have come down by a LOT,but still dearer than the Ebay shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Also ring your local Motor Factors. I priced a Japanese type car battery, sealed lead acid and smaller and lighter than our Euro spec lumps.

35 amp hour for 50 quid.

Happy out. Problem now is my lamp died on Friday night. Loose connection up near the bulb I think. Hard place to get at.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Hard place to get at.

Not when you drill out the pop rivet holding the whole shebang together. Oh and remove the clamp/glue where the wire goes into the neck of the lamp.

Not when you drill out the pop rivet holding the whole shebang together. Oh and remove the clamp/glue where the wire goes into the neck of the lamp.

It's surgery time, nothing to lose anyway as it doesn't work at the minute

Ah if I'd known you were a consultant surgeon :D. Fantastic post, exactly what I was after. Is it in the Tips section? if not you should throw it in there.

Well Johngalway, what do ya think ?

Gun1.jpg

Gun2.jpg

Gun3.jpg

• Advertisement

I think there are a number of foxes near you who should be very worried Vix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

I see MacEoin (Dingle poultry) in Kerry have reduced their lightforce prices also

http://shop.maceoinltd.com/maceoinltd/index.php?cPath=60_67

Excellent to see the websites up and the competition going on.

Well done all involved and I hope the sites bring them lots of business

Advertisement