Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEST BROADBAND IN DROGHEDA????

• 12-11-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all,am currently on 3 mobile broadband and TBH its doing my head in-so slow.Just wondering would anyone happen to know who would be the fastest broadband provider in drogheda at the min.?any help would be greatly appreciated as im looking to change asap

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Depending on where you live (near boyne shopping centre on northside, or Tesco 24 hour on southside), Eircom can offer speeds of 15 mbps or more but it's fairly expensive and you need a phone line.

Digiweb Metro's 12mbit service is more widely available through Drogheda and costs €60 per month in total. Installation is €100, a bit cheaper than installing a new line from eircom.

Those are your best bets for the highest speeds possible in Drogheda I think. I don't think Magnet are available at over 8 mbit speeds in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acelt67

many thanks for the reply to be confirmed,am on the southside-dublin road and am keen to get the fastest possible broadband and the right price of course.May i ask which you use personally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

acelt67 wrote: »
    many thanks for the reply to be confirmed,am on the southside-dublin road and am keen to get the fastest possible broadband and the right price of course.May i ask which you use personally?

dublin road area, most likely you wont get higher than 2-4mb, what part on the dublin road are you located?

wheaton hall, woodford, etc are stuck on 2-4mb due to eircoms long phone lines!
    also check out the other thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055947155 about broadband dublin rd area! i know people in stameen struggling to get 2mb connection DSL

Yeah Wheaton hall so looking like I'm stuck on slow speeds unfortunately??

Yeah Wheaton hall so looking like I'm stuck on slow speeds unfortunately??

not exactly, depends on where you are in wheaton hall, some people can get line of sight to the lourdes hospital for digiweb,,,, ( lucky feckers) that is your only other alternative really, for stable broadband, see my link in my previous thread , some people got midband, wimax but it was not great..

ok so your options where you are now, are either digiweb, or eircom/voda etc for DSL with speeds from 2-4mb DSL!

vodafone do the cheapest with 120gb usage allowane for €45 monthly..... read the small print and T&C's before comiting to any product!

• Advertisement

hi ingen am in woodfords-the apts.Does that make it any better or worse?

hi ingen am in woodfords-the apts.Does that make it any better or worse?

have a read through my thread that i posted above, there was a guy in that thread, who was in those apts, who got 5mb DSL!! but thats the best you would get.

Thanx for da info ingen-will have a good look through that thread and c wot I can make of it

Advertisement