Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Router Login Issue

• 12-11-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi all,

I want to log into my router to change some port settings, I have done this many times but for some reason I cannot load the page now.
    I am useing the 192.1681.1 IP but the page will not load, I have Pinged it and its fine and obviously my connections are fine.
    The only recent change was I installed NOD32 changing from Norton 360 and I assume this has something to do with it. I have contacted ESET and they dont have a solution.
    I have also tried Google Chrome & IE8 to no avail. I disabled NOD and the Windows Firewall also to no avail.

The machine is wired to the router but I have tried in on a laptop (also has Nod installed) with the same result.

Any help or ideas is greatfully appriciated.

Smithzer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

have you tried restarting the router itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Yea mate and reset it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

well after disabling all firewalls, and using different browsers, and resetting the router, the only option i see left is to 1) double check it actually reset properly. Been cought out a few times by this where you think it's reset OK, but it isn't, and 2) disable the firewalls & all on the other PC and try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

In command prompt type

ipconfig/all

and hit enter.

In the Default Gateway bit, does that show up anything?

Type that number in to your address bar in case the IP (somehow) changed on your router.

Still no joy folks, below is the error msg I get................

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.

• Advertisement

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

try and telnet to the port 80 (the http port) to see if the web service is even running.

do this by typing the following into command prompt.

telnet 192.168.1.1 80

If you get a blank command prompt with just the cursor blinking it has connected.

If your using windows 7 telnet is not installed by default.

If you get a blank command prompt with just the cursor blinking it has connected..

It was blank and flashing

Advertisement