Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Seat?

Options
  • 12-11-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hey guys im looking into getting a racing seat for some racing sims like gt5 and forza 3, and im not sure where to start should i build one myself? or buy one? my budget would be from 100-200 and the thing needs to have a surface for peddles and a steering wheel to clamp onto, i already tried gaming with my 360 wheel on a desk and it sucked, also has anyone got a good ps3/pc wheel thats very affordable and not too shabby :( any ideas would be very welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

my bad sorry :o

think im going to build my own as im fairly good with carpentry does anyone have any good free plans? i tried the one in the link down below but their charging to get the plans so thats a no go for me being as cheap as i am :rolleyes:

hey guys im looking into buying one of these and im just wondering will it work on both ps3 (namely gt5) and my pc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

$9 isn't exactly going to break the bank and the fastening kit which is €32, will save you some time and effort when it comes to building it. Hope to get started on it in the next couple of weeks, so I'll let ye know how I get on.

• Advertisement

cool thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

When did they start charging for the plans? You dont need to be good carpentry, just be able to cut some wood... I've attached another plan (kolthar's), and heres a link to a third one: http://www.firetooth.net/confluence/display/public/Driving+Cockpit

I got the RC2 plans for free, but I would have paid for them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 downey

My mate bought this one last week. He does alot of drifting and loves it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

When did they start charging for the plans? You dont need to be good carpentry, just be able to cut some wood... I've attached another plan (kolthar's), and heres a link to a third one: http://www.firetooth.net/confluence/display/public/Driving+Cockpit

I got the RC2 plans for free, but I would have paid for them to be honest.

They only stated charging in the last month or so, but like I said, its only $9. The Kolthar setup looks quite bulky and well, ugly. The firetooth looks good enough, but you've got the added cost of a seat. As for the skills needed to build it. Well, once you take your time and doublecheck all your measurements before cutting, drilling etc you should be ok. I'm not the biggest diy enthusiast, so I'm getting plenty of help from my handyman brother. Been delayed getting to it, so I can't say how difficult it is to build, but I'll post back here with developments.

Advertisement