Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Sky Dish

Options
  • 12-11-2010 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for someone who could repair a wind damaged sky dish, even temporarily, before Sunday. Ordinarily I could live without the TV for a few days but we're big F1 fans in this house and the final race of the season is on this weekend. It's just come loose from the bracket and is hanging at an angle. I've tried putting it back in position myself but still getting the 'no satelite signal is being received' message. I'm based in the Newcastle area

If anyone can help please PM me. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If it swivels left or right try to point it at the sun at 11am tomorrow, precisely, and if that works tighten the nuts before the next storm willya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If you can't find anyone get a VGA cable(€10) in town tomorrow and watch it online with the pc attached to the tv. It's very quick and easy to set up a VPN or use a proxy if you can only find streams that are not available to Ireland .

I was glad last night listening to the wind that we no longer had to worry about our sky dish being out of whack after the storm as we've now moved to UPC. We were without any tv for nearly a month but didn't miss much at all because it could all be found online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If it swivels left or right try to point it at the sun at 11am tomorrow, precisely, and if that works tighten the nuts before the next storm willya :)

Thanks Sponge Bob - I think it was more a question of rust though!! Will give it a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Sorted !! Have someone calling to fix it tomorrow morning. Thanks a million :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If its rust you need a new dish I'd say. Living by the sea and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Fionagus wrote: »
    Sorted !! Have someone calling to fix it tomorrow morning. Thanks a million :)

Howdy, can you pm me the name & number of who you are getting out?

We need to move our dish and currently looking for prices, some charging 80 euro for the call out!

Thanks!

Advertisement