Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs in urgent plea for help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

iregk wrote: »
    Absolutely agree here. Back in they day plenty of other clubs, most notibly Sligo, rallied in behind Rovers when we lost our ground. Bohs just couldn't wait to dance all over our grave and absolutely revelled in it. Every now and again still to this day they can't help but make the trip out to vandalise the monument.

Would you ever go ask me b0ll0x. No Bohs fan, bar the mindless spa's that each and every club have (in whatever numbers) would wish any club to go out of business. The monument was vandalised by an obvious retard and it was a disgraceful act. Any Bohs fan I know were far from impressed when they heard about it.

If you want to go down the road of individual acts carried out by mindless fools I can list off a couple of incidents carried out by Rovers "fans" just at Bohs games -

The Leinster Senior Cup (1992/3?) pitch invasion when Rovers had to be baton charged off the pitch as Bohs lifted the trophy, the abuse Fenlon got during this game about his father dying a few days previously.

The theft of a memorial flag for a well known Bohs fan (D. O Leary) in '94 and his father having to plead with Rovers fans to return it.

The numerous attacks outside the RDS (1993 - 1994) including the tin of yellow paint thrown down on schoolkids at the RDS (1 taken to hospital with concussion).

The "taking" of the Shed in March 2000 in which a 78 yeard old man was hit with a hammer. Match delayed 20 minutes when the troublemakers were given a heroes reception back on to their terrace by fans and that imbecile Tony O' Dowd.:rolleyes: (Caught on TV).

The handful of spas who came in the side gate at Dalymount, set up a barrier and threw glass bottles into the kids in the Jodi stand. (Caught on TV) 2004?

The abuse Simon Webb got about his wife dying. (1 Rovers fan "banned" after this incident).

We don't like Rovers, but I doubt there's many genuine fans would have wished you to go out of existence back in your bad days. Some of the crap Ive read here recently is hilarious, from Bohs passing the KRAM picket to increase the gates at Tolka to the above rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

As laughable as it seems I believe bohtox is right when he says Bohs aren't in danger of missing the SCP of spending a maximum of 65% of overall income on wages. this is down to a bizarre trick of accounting whereby Bohs did a deal with Albion for Albion to pay 800k for option for the sale of Dalymount. This deal was done and Bohs received the 800k, but they then had to pay Albion back most if not all of the 800k for Albion to drop the court case against them. So Bohs didn't really get any money but on the books they have income from Albion of 800k which boosts the amount they are allowed pay in wages by 520k (65% of 800k) over the year without breaking any rules. Now they don't physically have this money but it is down on the books. A very large loophole they have found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

BOHtox wrote: »
    AFAIK he has his own company not too sure what. We have 14 contracted players.

He owns a contract cleaning company. Hasn't been involved in it day to day for years.

But you are missing the core point. He, and all the 14 players, are free agents while they are owed money, but you still have to pay them. So they can sit on their contracts and will be out of there as soon as they get another offer. Remember Dominic Foley?

As laughable as it seems I believe bohtox is right when he says Bohs aren't in danger of missing the SCP of spending a maximum of 65% of overall income on wages. this is down to a bizarre trick of accounting whereby Bohs did a deal with Albion for Albion to pay 800k for option for the sale of Dalymount. This deal was done and Bohs received the 800k, but they then had to pay Albion back most if not all of the 800k for Albion to drop the court case against them. So Bohs didn't really get any money but on the books they have income from Albion of 800k which boosts the amount they are allowed pay in wages by 520k (65% of 800k) over the year without breaking any rules. Now they don't physically have this money but it is down on the books. A very large loophole they have found.

And what builder has the money for them to wash this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Absolutely it's cheating. Any Club who spends more money than it can afford on player transfers and wages to gain an on-field advantage over clubs that cut their cloth according to their means is cheating. It's financial steroid abuse.

What you do off-field in terms of buying players is perfectly legal and spending money to buy the best and be the best is not cheating. I suppose you'll say Chelsea and Man City, teams that have spent vast sums of money in recent years on players but are now in huge debt, also cheated.

You should take your anti-bohs bias out of your head before you conclude on what cheating is in football. Did bohs bride refs to fix matches? did bohs pay opposition keepers to let in goals? that's cheating not buying players with extravagant money that you're struggling to pay back.

Absolutely agree here. Back in they day plenty of other clubs, most notibly Sligo, rallied in behind Rovers when we lost our ground. Bohs just couldn't wait to dance all over our grave and absolutely revelled in it. Every now and again still to this day they can't help but make the trip out to vandalise the monument.

I would just like to make something clear here, the bad feeling you're getting from bohs is from a few individuals, a minority group, that occupy the G section in Dalymount and sing various chants having had a bit of gargle before matches, like most fans. I would never wish death to a club myself just because of the words of some narrow minded individuals that don't have a care in the world and that's what people's problems with Bohs is in this thread.

For the League of Ireland to thrive in these very difficult times, we need clubs to pull themselves together and offer support to each other in whatever way possible. Remember 22 clubs make up the league. To the anti-bohs folk and particularly Shamrock Rovers fans, you couldn't have a league with just Shamrock Rovers in it and you couldn't have Shamrock Rovers without a league and so on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

What you do off-field in terms of buying players is perfectly legal and spending money to buy the best and be the best is not cheating. I suppose you'll say Chelsea and Man City, teams that have spent vast sums of money in recent years on players but are now in huge debt, also cheated.

Really, you're comparing the over-spending of Chelsea and City? Teams who have billions of euro in backing from tycoons. They have the money

Spending money to buy the best and be the best is not cheating. Spending money you don't have, players you can't afford, budget for the future and can't pay off is a completely different kettle of fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wow, the delusion is strong.

You should take your anti-bohs bias out of your head before you conclude on what cheating is in football. Did bohs bride refs to fix matches? did bohs pay opposition keepers to let in goals? that's cheating not buying players with extravagant money that you're struggling to pay back.

Horseshít. Of the highest order.

Those teams don't play in a league with a wage cap. You do. If you sign players fully aware that you will not be able to pay them with your normal cashflow (hence the borrowing) you are breaking the rules. Plain and simple. You got away by the skin of your balls over the double jobbing scam and pulled another one the next season in terms of the wash from Albion.

Two years, two loopholes, both closed straight after you. This is year three and you are out of ideas. So you borrowed money you can't afford to pay back against an asset you don't fully own.

Why should the other teams in the league run themselves properly, pay their players on time every week, pay the taxman and comply with the SCP finish behind you in the league.

You are probably gone, except now the bold boys corner is the A league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Circumventing the SCP via loopholes (as already pointed out) while other clubs don't is not fair. It's also incredibly foolhardy when you have next to no income stream.

• Advertisement

You got away by the skin of your balls over the double jobbing scam and pulled another one the next season in terms of the wash from Albion. /QUOTE]

What was the double jobbing scam?

bohsboy wrote: »

The one that led the FAI to explicitly change the wording of the SCP to make salaries other than players subject to the SCP. Like those of, say, "coaches" and "bar staff".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

stovelid wrote: »
    The one that led the FAI to explicitly change the wording of the SCP to make salaries other than players subject to the SCP. Like those of, say, "coaches" and "bar staff".

Haha I think someone is jealous we have a bar in the stadium we rent own:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

they buy the league for a couple of seasons and then look for sympathy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

BERBA wrote: »

hahahhaha not!

Where are we looking for sympathy. Show mw the post!
    Your money yes, sympathy no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

hahahhaha not!

Where are we looking for sympathy. Show mw the post!
    Your money yes, sympathy no!

jump off the titanic while you can:D

BERBA wrote: »

:confused:

Haha I think someone is jealous we have a bar in the stadium we rent own:p

If you actually owned the kip you wouldn't be in half the trouble you are in

Horseshít. Of the highest order.

Those teams don't play in a league with a wage cap. You do. If you sign players fully aware that you will not be able to pay them with your normal cashflow (hence the borrowing) you are breaking the rules. Plain and simple. You got away by the skin of your balls over the double jobbing scam and pulled another one the next season in terms of the wash from Albion.

Two years, two loopholes, both closed straight after you. This is year three and you are out of ideas. So you borrowed money you can't afford to pay back against an asset you don't fully own.

Why should the other teams in the league run themselves properly, pay their players on time every week, pay the taxman and comply with the SCP finish behind you in the league.

You are probably gone, except now the bold boys corner is the A league.

All your delusional and made up comments are horseshít.

Bohs kept within the wage cap, even if it was just by a small amount. Are you the accountant at bohemians..no! And my friend, in so many leagues in the world, clubs borrow money in the pursuit of success only to fall flat on their face, it happens and that's not cheating! particularly when bohs were guaranteed 60 million from a deal that fell through in unlikely circumstances. Was the property meltdown being predicted in 2006????

Let's say you did a deal to sell a house in some fancy part of Dublin back in 2006 for 20 million euro. Reasons outside your control meant the deal got delayed for a few years but that doesn't bother you because you think you'll eventually get the money. In the intervening time, you buy yourself an island, a football club and many other houses that you can get with 20 million euro. Then blam, planning permission objections hold up the sale of your house and it's past the property bubble so the value has declined heavily and you find yourself in debt for goods you bought that you thought you could pay off. Same situation for bohs.

I personally would like you to stop coming out with accusations that aren't true and just admit pure and simple, you hate bohs. So unless you can come up with hard evidence to support your made up lies, I suggest you stay off this thread.

• Advertisement

Paying part of your players salaries as barmen, kids coaches, groundstaff etc. Salaries that are outside the 65%

I personally would like you to stop coming out with accusations that aren't true and just admit pure and simple, you hate bohs. So unless you can come up with hard evidence to support your made up lies, I suggest you stay off this thread.

True, a pure WUM. Unless he's going to empty his pockets he can jog on somewhere.

So you borrowed money you can't afford to pay back against an asset you don't fully own.

Dalymount Park is owned by Bohemian FC. They bought the ground off the FAI for 1 million back in the late 80s.

What lies are you going to make up next....bohs poisoned other clubs to make them play bad:eek:

My personal favourite is that Bohs passed the KRAM picket at Tolka to increase the gate.

Mind boggling. :o

But you wrote on the monument......! :eek: You should go out of business!!

Good lord.

Dalymount Park is owned by Bohemian FC. They bought the ground off the FAI for 1 million back in the late 80s.

I really did lol reading that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

would i be right in thinking that rovers got huge help from the FAI etc in getting their stadium in tallaght up and running??

if this is true how can rovers fans give out that bohs should not be helped out in any way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bohs fans are still their own worst enemies and still utterly delusional. They're actually a pretty good microcosm of what has happened in this country in the last 10 years. Like the Irish public they kept voting back incompotent clowns back time after time, despite it being apparant that they hadn't a clue what they were doing. Anyone voicing an opinion that the good times might end was treated like a lunatic and now they're reaping what they sowed.

I really did lol reading that.

Clearly you're uneducational and anti-bohs views stop you from seeing the truth.

Clearly you're uneducational and anti-bohs views stop you from seeing the truth.

Ah come off it. If you know what your talking about then you obviously know the full story of how Bohs came to own Dalymount in the 80s so why pedal a half truth? 1 million cash was it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

would i be right in thinking that rovers got huge help from the FAI etc in getting their stadium in tallaght up and running??

if this is true how can rovers fans give out that bohs should not be helped out in any way?

Tallaght Stadium is owned by South Dublin County Council.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The cause of our finacial difficulties doesn't have one solid cause. The main ones would be the collapse of the property market, and subsequent bankrupcy of developer Liam Carroll, finacial mismanagment from the previous board, over ambition and naivety from the current board, the decline of the league in general amongst other thing.

Bohs have done things by the book (whatever shit they like to stir in Tallaght, maybe you should look closer to home for dodgy wages) and have paid their debts (just about) in the past.

There is a contract in place with the owner of Phibsboro shopping center, giving him first option to buy Dalymount (within the next 7 years afaik), a condition of any sale is that a new stadium is built and ready to go by the time the club move out.

The clubs assests far exceed any liabilitys, meaning the club will most likely not have to fold, nor will it mean that we lose Dalymount without any sufficiant renumerations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Bohs have done things by the book (whatever shit they like to stir in Tallaght

I suppose it is by the book when you take into account exploiting loopholes that get closed immediately after Bohs use them. Players down on the books as bar men, carpark attendants etc... thats all fair game.

The one true astonishing thing for me in this thread is that in 9 pages so far I've seen one Bohs fan actually come out and say it as it is. The rest of you are still for some bizarre reason stuck with your head in the sand. Some of you are members, you voted on these decisions so you are partly to blame for this. I'm not having a go lads as I said before for the sake of the genuine fans I wouldn't want to see any club go under but christ get your head out of your ass and see the problem as it is. Ignoring it and calling everyone in Tallght idiots isn't going fix your fcuked up situation. Its time to ignore Rovers and Tallaght and concentrate on Bohemians. That though has always been your biggest stumbling block. So fixated on what Rovers are doing rather than what you're doing.

Its time to ignore Rovers and Tallaght and concentrate on Bohemians. That though has always been your biggest stumbling block. So fixated on what Rovers are doing rather than what you're doing.

:rolleyes:

Post of the year.

Its getting comical at this stage. Can you not understand the thread title? Its nothing got to do with Rovers nor do we need your "valued" input.

Unless you're emptying the cash from your pockets I suggest you post elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The cause of our finacial difficulties doesn't have one solid cause. The main ones would be the collapse of the property market, and subsequent bankrupcy of developer Liam Carroll, finacial mismanagment from the previous board, over ambition and naivety from the current board, the decline of the league in general amongst other thing.

Bohs have done things by the book (whatever shit they like to stir in Tallaght, maybe you should look closer to home for dodgy wages) and have paid their debts (just about) in the past.

There is a contract in place with the owner of Phibsboro shopping center, giving him first option to buy Dalymount (within the next 7 years afaik), a condition of any sale is that a new stadium is built and ready to go by the time the club move out.

The clubs assests far exceed any liabilitys, meaning the club will most likely not have to fold, nor will it mean that we lose Dalymount without any sufficiant renumerations.
    Im struggling to find a single factually correct statement in your post. Anyone?

Bohs fans were posting crap like the above in 2007 on here and they were laughed at for not knowing what was happening in their own club. Still doing it in 2010 is nothing short of criminal.

:rolleyes:

Post of the year.

Its getting comical at this stage. Can you not understand the thread title? Its nothing got to do with Rovers nor do we need your "valued" input.

Unless you're emptying the cash from your pockets I suggest you post elsewhere.

Hahahaha brilliant stuff. We have bohs fans talking about emptying cash our of your pockets and in the same thread saying its fine were less than 50% of the SCP.

Maths just isn't strong in D7 is it?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Im struggling to find a single factually correct statement in your post. Anyone?

Bohs fans were posting crap like the above in 2007 on here and they were laughed at for not knowing what was happening in their own club. Still doing it in 2010 is nothing short of criminal.

Once again, are you donating? If not, post your unhelpful comments somewhere else. Only one set of people seeming obsessed in this thread.

Hahahaha brilliant stuff. We have bohs fans talking about emptying cash our of your pockets and in the same thread saying its fine were less than 50% of the SCP.

Maths just isn't strong in D7 is it?

Obsessed. Here is a bit of help for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Once again, are you donating? If not, post your unhelpful comments somewhere else. Only one set of people seeming obsessed in this thread.

So, unless we are dipping into our own pockets, to seek to recaptalise a private entity, which spent itself into oblivion, then we are not entitled to air a view on the matter ???

Lol ROFL.

You are complaining to everyone else on here about not helping the situation. I've yet to find one piece of any of your posts (all be it i've not read the entire thread) that has even the slightest of ideas to get you past this difficult period.

The accusation of an obsession with Rovers is hilarious as is the rubbish that has been spewed on this thread by some real eggheads.

Tell me this, has the Model (:o) Club still got the convicted soccer hooligan as a director on their board? Limerick 2004 anybody?

Sort out your own problems before coming over all high and mighty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Can you give me your bank details and I'll do an online payment straight away. I'm just after receiving notice that I've inherited 300 million euro from some Nigerian oil company owner who has passed away.

You are complaining to everyone else on here about not helping the situation. I've yet to find one piece of any of your posts (all be it i've not read the entire thread) that has even the slightest of ideas to get you past this difficult period.
    Some of us have actually, believe it or not, been trying to help by explaining what has been happening at Bohs and why they should have changed course long ago, they just didnt want to know. The only people who were treated with more scorn and derision were the handful of people who tried to change things there two years ago without success (hello Larry David).

Not anymore there's not. Albion (Pascal Conroy) have sold on the option to buy Dalymount to another party. Your board hope to meet with this third party for the first time in the next few weeks. For a Bohs fan to come on here pontificating and then plainly not know any of the facts about what is going on in their own club is laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I have no anti-Bohs bias. I don't support any LOI Club and certainly have no ill-feeling towards any. I know a bit about your situation though and you fall into the same category as a large number of Clubs both here and in England (including my own Club) who spent money that they didn't have in order to gain an on field advantage against Clubs who lived within their means and didn't use their tax money in order to fund their working capital. That is cheating, pure and simple.

That isn't an anti-Bohs statement it's just an analysis of the financial mismanagement of a huge number of football clubs.

What lies are you going to make up next....bohs poisoned other clubs to make them play bad:eek:

Mother.

Of.

Jaysis.

:eek:

You really couldn't make this up

The normally clued in Bohs supporters on this forum are conspicuous by their absence here as to their credit, they're probably mortified at the stuff that's being posted here. No wonder your board was able to do what they did.

Tell me this, has the Model (:o) Club still got the convicted soccer hooligan as a director on their board? Limerick 2004 anybody?

Sort out your own problems before coming over all high and mighty.

Still no answer to this?

Well if you tell us who you're talking about, conviction handed down and such like we can respond.

In other news its very nice to see you're keeping within the confines of the thread when it suits and going outside when it suits.
    True, a pure WUM. Unless he's going to empty his pockets he can jog on somewhere.
    Unless you're emptying the cash from your pockets I suggest you post elsewhere

Still no answer to this?
    What has what members of Rovers board get up to to do with Bohs finances?

Once again you appear more interested in Rovers than Bohs, even while your club is dying.
    stovelid wrote:
    The normally clued in Bohs supporters on this forum are conspicuous by their absence here as to their credit
    Hopefully they are off trying to save their club instead of spouting embarrassing rubbish on here.

• Advertisement

Well if you tell us who you're talking about, conviction handed down and such like we can respond.

In other news its very nice to see you're keeping within the confines of the thread when it suits and going outside when it suits.

Well, when I read some of the muck that has been posted here, its time to fire a few scuds of our own.

As I said, when you've sorted out your own problems, feel free to offer some constructive advice.

Here ya go:
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/HOOPS+HOOLIGAN%3B+Rovers+stand+by+boss+after+violent+clash+with+rival...-a0148522933

Advertisement