Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs in urgent plea for help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

bohsboy wrote: »
    Well, when I read some of the muck that has been posted here, its time to fire a few scuds of our own.

As I said, when you've sorted out your own problems, feel free to offer some constructive advice.

Here ya go:
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/HOOPS+HOOLIGAN%3B+Rovers+stand+by+boss+after+violent+clash+with+rival...-a0148522933

Just to move things on, and this isn't any form of acceptance that this is relevant to the topic, he is no longer a director. the circumsances of his conviction (the probation act for failure to move on / breach of the peace) was done to death at the time.

We could talk all day about granny killers and Derry bigots who are welcome in Dalyer, but thats a different days work.

The fundamental point coming off this thread is that unlike Rovers, Cork, Shels, Derry and Drogs before you, you still fundamentally do not understand what landed you in this mess and are not interested in making the changes required to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Some of you still think you own all of Dalyer ffs. Thas basic, basic stuff.

And you can't ask us to dip into our pockets and butt out at the same time by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Just to move things on, and this isn't any form of acceptance that this is relevant to the topic, he is no longer a director. the circumsances of his conviction (the probation act for failure to move on / breach of the peace) was done to death at the time.

We could talk all day about granny killers and Derry bigots who are welcome in Dalyer, but thats a different days work.

The fundamental point coming off this thread is that unlike Rovers, Cork, Shels, Derry and Drogs before you, you still fundamentally do not understand what landed you in this mess and are not interested in making the changes required to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Some of you still think you own all of Dalyer ffs. Thas basic, basic stuff.

And you can't ask us to dip into our pockets and butt out at the same time by the way.

Fair enough. My argument was that he was in a position on the board at the time, as compared to the Derry retards and the Salzburg serial killer.

Anyway, lets move on.

Fair enough. My argument was that he was in a position on the board at the time, as compared to the Derry retards and the Salzburg serial killer.

Anyway, lets move on.

And his position meant he was in Limerick a few days before the game for a meeting with the Gardaí and FAI. At that meeting a plan was put in place to deal with potential stone throwers from the nearby halting site. When that plan did not happen when the stones rained in, he identified himself as a Rovers director to a senior Garda (whom he met at the meeting) outside the ground, asked why the plan wasn't being implemented and got lifted for breach of the peace.

If that is on a par with sticking an old lady in a coma or smashing up an old mans pub to you, thats your lookout.

But I agree, lets move on.

When that plan did not happen when the stones rained in, he identified himself as a Rovers director to a senior Garda (whom he met at the meeting) outside the ground, asked why the plan wasn't being implemented and got lifted for breach of the peace.

Brilliant, pure brilliance. :rolleyes:

As I said before, if you want to list acts carried out by morons we can be here all day but lets just put a line under it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hang on, you're the one demanding an 'answer' only a few posts back. When your throwaway slur is shown to be more complex than you try to portray, then you can't just put your fingers in your ears and demand everyone stop talking about it.

You brought it up, now let people respond.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, pure brilliance. :rolleyes:

What gibberish is this? Thats what happened, I was there, and thats what is on the court record. He was not 'convicted' of anything, he was given a small fine and the probation act. If you want to extrapolate from that that he is Kaiser Sose of the hooligan underworld, good for you.

You brought this up as a an attempt to deflect, stop complaining when people who know the chap and were there correct you

Found guilty and fined.

Director on the board.

Sort out your own crap first.

Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Found guilty and fined.

Director on the board.

Simple as.

It's sorted.
    Now, how can we help you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

League champions, huge crowds, wonderful, clean, modern stadium facilities, healthy balance sheet, Champions League football, hosting European giants, hugely successful schoolboy and underage section, brilliant advertising and PR machine, great relationship with local council and community, great working relationship with the FAI, scholarship schemes and educational programs at all levels.

But most of all, a secure future, so the generations after us can continue to enjoy Irelands most successful, best supported and best know football club, forever and ever and ever.

Anyone one would think we have "sorted our own crap". :P

Found guilty and fined.

Director on the board.

Simple as.

Laughable, absolutely laughable. Your club is sinking like the Titanic and you're STILL focusing on us.

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »
    League champions, huge crowds, wonderful, clean, modern stadium facilities, healthy balance sheet, Champions League football, hosting European giants, hugely successful schoolboy and underage section, brilliant advertising and PR machine, great relationship with local council and community, great working relationship with the FAI, scholarship schemes and educational programs at all levels.

But most of all, a secure future, so the generations after us can continue to enjoy Irelands most successful, best supported and best know football club, forever and ever and ever.

Anyone one would think we have "sorted our own crap". :P

:D How could you forget Hooperman? I hear he does birthday parties now?

Laughable, absolutely laughable. Your club is sinking like the Titanic and you're STILL focusing on us.

Comical, pure comedy gold. Have a read of this thread and smell the obsession. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

stovelid wrote: »
    The normally clued in Bohs supporters on this forum are conspicuous by their absence here as to their credit, they're probably mortified at the stuff that's being posted here. No wonder your board was able to do what they did.

I'd wonder what bohsman makes of the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd wonder what bohsman makes of the whole thing.

Worried, I assume.

It's people like him I have in mind when I wouldn't like to a see a club disappear.

:D How could you forget Hooperman? I hear he does birthday parties now?
    Yeah he does, another great success. We have more children at our games than you do in total as a result of initiatives like this.

Anyway, im done with you, its too depressing listening to your waffle. I have family involved in Bohs, they are tearing their hair out at whats happening to their club largely because of people like you who just dont get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

He really has no clue does he how a simple party with hooperman can turn a kid into a lifelong fan does he? Always the trouble with Bohs, never look at the bigger picture only at whats going on in the moment at over in Tallaght.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Anyway, im done with you

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

stovelid wrote: »
    Worried, I assume.

It's people like him I have in mind when I wouldn't like to a see a club disappear.

Exactly, there are a fair few Bohs fans with their head screwed on, unfortunately thy have let the idiots rule for the last decade or so. I'd love to see the sensible Bohs fans get together and sort their club out from top to bottom. People like Larry David, Chippie etc.

I'd love to see the sensible Bohs fans get together and sort their club out from top to bottom.

Breakaway. FC Bohemian of Dublin (foras dunnes tesco co-op)

iregk wrote: »
    Breakaway. FC Bohemian of Dublin (foras dunnes tesco co-op)

I could live with that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The Bohs fans on this thread aren't exactly doing their club any favours. I can't believe that some Bohs fans are still in denial at this stage.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This thread depresses me in more ways than one :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

me too. far too many Hoops on it.

Pal wrote: »

Like your own forum really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Pal wrote: »

Of course, everyone that has no sympathy are rovers fans :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Mother.

Of.

Jaysis.

:eek:

You really couldn't make this up

Mother of jaysis, why don't you prove they don't own the ground, c'mon then! Im waiting for you to step up and stop with the bluff and the bohs bashing

Once again, are you donating? If not, post your unhelpful comments somewhere else. Only one set of people seeming obsessed in this thread.

Indeedy! narrow minded individuals who needs a serious kick up the arse for utter bullsh*t

1 million cash was it

Yes it was, good boy! now you're starting to learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

nutsy must be going demented having not been allowed go to dundee utd , he could be on the dole fairly shortly.

• Advertisement

I suppose it is by the book when you take into account exploiting loopholes that get closed immediately after Bohs use them. Players down on the books as bar men, carpark attendants etc... thats all fair game.

Proof that you troll otherwise you could be done for slander

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I have no anti-Bohs bias. I don't support any LOI Club and certainly have no ill-feeling towards any. I know a bit about your situation though and you fall into the same category as a large number of Clubs both here and in England (including my own Club) who spent money that they didn't have in order to gain an on field advantage against Clubs who lived within their means and didn't use their tax money in order to fund their working capital. That is cheating, pure and simple.

That isn't an anti-Bohs statement it's just an analysis of the financial mismanagement of a huge number of football clubs.

100% bluff! I can you see the green and white you're wearing through the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I have no anti-Bohs bias. I don't support any LOI Club and certainly have no ill-feeling towards any. I know a bit about your situation though and you fall into the same category as a large number of Clubs both here and in England (including my own Club) who spent money that they didn't have in order to gain an on field advantage against Clubs who lived within their means and didn't use their tax money in order to fund their working capital. That is cheating, pure and simple.

That isn't an anti-Bohs statement it's just an analysis of the financial mismanagement of a huge number of football clubs.

You don't support Rovers no?

I'll suggest a word of warning to all the narrow minded anti-bohs and rovers folk making untrue allegations and utter slander on this thread, you'll find yourself in serious trouble if you're unproven and utter make up lies are passed on to someone in Bohemian FC or even the FAI for that matter.

The thread is about Bohs 'urgent plea for help'
    Mistakes were made, property market crashed, yadda yadda.

WTF are all the Rovers gloating about ?

Short memories lads.

I'll suggest a word of warning to all the narrow minded anti-bohs and rovers folk making untrue allegations and utter slander on this thread, you'll find yourself in serious trouble if you're unproven and utter make up lies are passed on to someone in Bohemian FC or even the FAI for that matter.
    Haha, yeah we're all terrified of Bohs legal department, theyve such a track record over the last ten years :D

Lol, youre a Rovers fan on a wind up arent you? Excellent work mate, got me hook line and sinker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Last Man Standing 6 is starting soon for anyone interested. €10 entry, half the fund to the winner, half to the club. It'd be a great help to everyone at Bohs if anyone one here who wants to enter enters a selection (or 10). The more people you get to enter the larger the pot. So spread the word!

https://www.eventelephant.com/bohslms6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bohs could really do with that money they spent on their flashy pre-season trips to warmer climates, couldn't they?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Is that all bohs have to concern them? They're in better shape than anyone thought:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hasn't been chanted in the last two seasons from what I remember

Judging the league on a decision it hasn't made yet, hmm :rolleyes:

I agree as a Bohs fan completely (regarding what we deserve)

Why?

I'll be delighted to go into next season in the first division or whatever, once we have a club
    major bill wrote: »
    why??

id hate to see any team go bust, when shamrock rovers got relegated and were on deaths door i was actually kinda gutted that bohs might never get to play them again thankfully we got them in the cup (although was a bad result) and was glad they came straight back up.

if your a football fan then you shouldnt be hoping for a team that has over a hundred years of history and tradition to go bust!!!

I was thinking of going bust and having to start over with clean books just like Derry had to do last season.

Not bust as in going out of business for good like Dublin City

As much as i dont like the fans when they come up here and start signing about the queen and on the forums with there Londonderry this and that crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tbh I think they'd be more concerned with the absolute bollox you've been posting as an attempt to defend in the indefensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anyway, lets move on.

Well there goes any help from Derry

Proof that you troll otherwise you could be done for slander

By the way learn the difference will you. Slander is spoken in print its liable.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Bohs could really do with that money they spent on their flashy pre-season trips to warmer climates, couldn't they?

Uefa Subsides those "flashy pre-season trips". As the winners of our national league Bohs get a grant from Uefa for a pre season trip, it's up to the club whether they want to take it or not. Rovers will get the option this year.

Bohs should go out to the airport and grab Brian Lenihan when he arrives back with 60 billion in his pocket

Waffle.

The FAI explicitly changed the wording of the SCP to include 'staff' wages (that is, not just player) coincidentally the season after that the rumour surfaced.

There was little anti-bohs sentiment on the thread until a few of you rolled up with the usual crap - and the pan-club criticism here suggests it's not just Rovers.

I've already said I'd want your club to eventually pull through all of this with severe punishment.

Oh dear. Well if anyone does get end up in court against Bohs, I have the number of Sean Connor's lawyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

By the way learn the difference will you. Slander is spoken in print its liable.

Actually it's libel :o

Mother of jaysis, why don't you prove they don't own the ground, c'mon then! Im waiting for you to step up and stop with the bluff and the bohs bashing

You sold the Shopping Centre end and a section of the pitch to Albion Properties c 2005. You have drawn three additional payments from them over the years.

http://www.albion.ie/fdevelopments.htm

On their website you can see the Phibsboro Shopping Centre plan as a 'future development.

You then sold Liam Carroll's Danninger Homes an option on the whole of Dalymount for €1m a year for 5 years and the €60m if and when he took up the option. When Albion asked the logical question about why you sold an option on land you no longer owned, BFC sued them and LOST, hence the Carroll deal collapsed, you no longer got your €1m a year, which of course you had borrowed €4m of up front from Zurich.

Up to date now?

Magnificent. Complete delusion, or a total wind up. Who knows.

NOTHING posted on this thread is not in red and black on gypoweb...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

He is still your PRO!!

The amount of crap from both sides in this thread is unreal. We are in serious trouble and in serious danger of going out of business.

But what is comical is why Rovers fans(Although they have a good bit of info like any other LOI fan) feel it necessary to also spout some serious garbage about what they think is going on when it is just not true. The obsession from some on here is comical and some of teh accusations even funnier!

• Advertisement
Advertisement