Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs in urgent plea for help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

AGC wrote: »
    He is still your PRO!!!

No he isn't and that wasn't his position on the board before he emigrated 18 months ago.
    The amount of crap from both sides in this thread is unreal. We are in serious trouble and in serious danger of going out of business.

What 'crap' is coming from the non-Bohs side?
    But what is comical is why Rovers fans(Although they have a good bit of info like any other LOI fan) feel it necessary to also spout some serious garbage about what they think is going on when it is just not true. The obsession from some on here is comical and some of teh accusations even funnier!

Obsession my arse. When people see Bohs fans who clearly are spouting ignorance about the situation, they will jump in. Bohs fans are simultaniously asking us for help and telling us to butt out. Doesn't compute. If you want people to dig into their pockets, you have to be straight with them about the situation, and thats clearly not happening, here or in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

So the Model Club can't update a website in 18 months when a PRO leaves;)

The rubbish about players being employed as barmen etc.. I haven't read the whole thread but im sure there is more.

I don't disagree with your last statement about being straight up with members and in a lot of situations they are not which will lead to people being reluctant to donate which will lead to us being f**ked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'll suggest a word of warning to all the narrow minded anti-bohs and rovers folk making untrue allegations and utter slander on this thread, you'll find yourself in serious trouble if you're unproven and utter make up lies are passed on to someone in Bohemian FC or even the FAI for that matter.

Good to see that even in these dark days for Bohs, their fans still have a sense of humour.

So the Model Club can't update a website in 18 months when a PRO leaves;)

Saw that myself. Will inform the Rovers web team.
    The rubbish about players being employed as barmen etc.. I haven't read the whole thread but im sure there is more.

But it happened, and they admitted it happened.
    I don't disagree with your last statement about being straight up with members and in a lot of situations they are not which will lead to people being reluctant to donate which will lead to us being f**ked

No, what has lead you to being fcuked is your greed and woeful mismanagement.

No, what has lead you to being fcuked is your greed and woeful mismanagement.

Which has been happening for years!!

By people still sitting on the board who have continually lied. I again don't disagree with this.

Can you show where they admitted paying players as barmen? I guarentee it didn't happen

Which has been happening for years!!

By people still sitting on the board who have continually lied. I again don't disagree with this.

Can you show where they admitted paying players as barmen? I guarentee it didn't happen

Mark Rossiter.

What about him?? There is no proof. If you are picking up Bohs fans on icorrect statements just feel you should be as well.

Also just reading back through the thread about Bohs trying to ''accelerate'' Cork's demise. How petty is it for a club to make complaints about stadium announcers for not telling fans where the emergency exits are and for not announcing the sports against racismstatement:rolleyes: Leading to fines for the club. Has anyone ever heard these announcemnets at a LOI ground?

As I have already said the amount of rubbish in this thread from both sides is unreal and I have to say some of the crap from other Bohs fans is embarrassing.

Also just reading back through the thread about Bohs trying to ''accelerate'' Cork's demise. How petty is it for a club to make complaints about stadium announcers for not telling fans where the emergency exits are and for not announcing the sports against racismstatement:rolleyes: Leading to fines for the club. Has anyone ever heard these announcemnets at a LOI ground?

Yes. Rovers do every week. We got fined the week before for not announcing the SARI statement because our regular MC was away and the stand in forgot. We objected to the fine on the basis its not read by any other club, and that we were being picked on, then pointed out to the same delegate that Bohs (just happened to be the next away game we had him) didn't announce it the week after, and he alas decided to go the other way from what we wanted and also fine Bohs.

The object of the excercise was to point out that at the time, we were the only club reading out the SARI speech in the league and also getting fined for not doing so. I can see why it can be taken as a petty action, but that wasn't the intention.

Yes. Rovers do every week. We got fined the week before for not announcing the SARI statement because our regular MC was away and the stand in forgot. We objected to the fine on the basis its not read by any other club, and that we were being picked on, then pointed out to the same delegate that Bohs (just happened to be the next away game we had him) didn't announce it the week after, and he alas decided to go the other way from what we wanted and also fine Bohs.

The object of the excercise was to point out that at the time, we were the only club reading out the SARI speech in the league and also getting fined for not doing so. I can see why it can be taken as a petty action, but that wasn't the intention.

Must have arrived late for the games inTallaght because I never heard it there(Or any other ground). Not saying it isn't done. The emergency exit one was as petty as can get.

Still no proof on Rossiter? It was an arguement that has been done to death and was started by Rovers fans with no proof. It was also alleged he was paid as a coach and not a barman. Rossiter had 1 contract, as a player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What about him?? There is no proof. If you are picking up Bohs fans on icorrect statements just feel you should be as well.

As I have already said the amount of rubbish in this thread from both sides is unreal and I have to say some of the crap from other Bohs fans is embarrassing.
    Rossiter was being paid as a coach as a way around an insurance issue he had, he wasnt being paid as a barman.

And can you point to somewhere which confirms the fines above?

Anyway, Bohs have only raised 40 of the 300k needed, so it looks like its all over bar the shouting. There is no way for them to reform as AFC Bohs or such without losing Dalymount either, so its A league at best and homelessness looking increasingly certain. Ironic maybe after all those years of homeless jibes, but a sad day nonetheless.

Must have arrived late for the games inTallaght because I never heard it there(Or any other ground). Not saying it isn't done. The emergency exit one was as petty as can get.

its done in Tallaght at every game because we were told to and fined for the one game we didn't. Why other clubs don't is a question for them.

If you put us in that condemned deathtrap you put us, emergency exit information becomes very important.

Still no proof on Rossiter? It was an arguement that has been done to death and was started by Rovers fans with no proof. It was also alleged he was paid as a coach and not a barman. Rossiter had 1 contract, as a player.

So how does that reconcile back to his insurance payout at Sunderland?

He was prohibited from being a full time pro, so Bohs employed him as a coach and amatuer player, realised that this could be used on other players for the SCP and did so. Your schoolboy section costs went up something like 3,000% in the year in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All clubs loyalties aside but the very thing that Bohemians are counting on to save them if things go as bad as they might, Dalymount Park, may be the very thing that kills them.

When Shamrock Rovers, Cork City and Derry City were in similar positions, they were able to survive and cut a deal with their creditors or just fold and reimagine themselves as new entities because they had no assets. Milltown had gone and Turners Cross and the Brandywell are owned by their respective councils.

Both Derry and Cork were wound up and then could start again because they had nothing to lose, Bohemians have Dalymount and while there are a myriad of issues surrounding it's delapadated state and ownership, it still remains an attractive prospect to any creditor wishing to call in their debts. Bohs can't follow the Cork or Derry route because if they do fold, the will lose their ground and any new entity to replace them would be doing so without a stadium to play in.

@CiaranC....I don't have a link to the fines(Ill try get one) but it was common knowledge and also confirmed by the stadium announcer.

Also you must have more misinformation because the total of €40k is also innaccurate! It is all over bar the shouting though.

@ONYD....I was making the point of Rossiter not being paid as a barman which was said he was, he wasn't. He was paid as a player(This ins and outs of his contract/Sunderland insurance pay out I don't know)

@Super_Furry....Your dead right. In the end it will kill us but it is the board that started it off.

CiaranC wrote: »

Even they are wrong, unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

So AGC what exactly is the situation then? I'm not loking to stir I'm genuinely asking as a football fan.

iregk wrote: »
    So AGC what exactly is the situation then? I'm not loking to stir I'm genuinely asking as a football fan.

A large 6 figure sum is needed by Friday week and at the pace the money is coming in it just isnt going to happen unless the unlikely event the ground is sold or Roman Abramovich shows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Yes it was, good boy! now you're starting to learn

If you actually think Bohs handed the FAI 1 million punts cash in the late 80s to buy Dalymount then you really are a clown of the highest order. I suggest you double check your facts before coming back here to spout nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

That much AGC we know. I thought you'd be a bit more specific than that.

iregk wrote: »
    That much AGC we know. I thought you'd be a bit more specific than that.

Not posting details that have only been given to members, however if you read newspaper articles they aren't far wrong with figures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

If you put us in that condemned deathtrap you put us, emergency exit information becomes very important.

Bohs don't put you in the Connaught Street stand. The Gardai do.

Probably because you didn't behave yourselves in the Shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Sad day for the league if they do fold. Horrible for their fans. Best of luck to them, it'll be a long hard struggle to bring them back from this.
    No football fan should be taking any joy from this, it could easily have happened to a lot of clubs in recent years.

Pal wrote: »

It is condemned, and if the Gardaí want to overrule the H&S people and put us in a clearly unsafe environment, its up to Bohs to manage that.

If Pats can be placed in the shed, so can we.

When were we ever put in the Shed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pal wrote: »

Is it the Gardaí's responsibility to make sure that Stand is fit for its use too?

It is condemned, and if the Gardaí want to overrule the H&S people and put us in a clearly unsafe environment, its up to Bohs to manage that.

If Pats can be placed in the shed, so can we.

When were we ever put in the Shed?

2001(Could be wrong) when you ended up attacking everyone in it and the game being held up for 20 minutes and an elderly man getting hit with a hammer.

Bohs, on several occasions have said you lot will be in the Shed and the Guards over rule them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

How much have Bohs actually raised towards the €300k?

If and when they go under, where will this amount of money go? Shouldn't it and all that they have, go to whomever it is that they owe?

..I'm completely out of the loop in terms of knowing the details etc. but if someone could answer just those three questions for me, that'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

2001(Could be wrong) when you ended up attacking everyone in it and the game being held up for 20 minutes and an elderly man getting hit with a hammer.

Bohs, on several occasions have said you lot will be in the Shed and the Guards over rule them.

March 3, 2000. I was in the Shed that night. Horrific stuff. Tony O Dowd (clown) and the majority of the Rovers fans at the other end applauded them back onto the terrace.

The bulk of Rovers fans were not in the shed. Rovers weren't put in the shed.

I can't remember any Bohs game that we were in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

dfx- wrote: »

They were cheered back to Connaught St after attacking a load of kids.

I'll suggest a word of warning to all the narrow minded anti-bohs and rovers folk making untrue allegations and utter slander on this thread, you'll find yourself in serious trouble if you're unproven and utter make up lies are passed on to someone in Bohemian FC or even the FAI for that matter.

I heard it has already been passed on. Crazy or not, they are taking it seriously.

I doubt much action can be taken? :confused:

• Advertisement

10 years ago there was some hoolie on hoolie action in there and we can't go there as a result? The mind boggles.

10 years ago there was some hoolie on hoolie action in there and we can't go there as a result? The mind boggles.

You're not going away with that crap. I was there that night, about 30 men came in and started booting young kids, girls and an OAP got a hammer across the back as he tried to get away. Two or three young kids were crushed in the corner as they tried to climb out over the hoarding boards.

Hoolie on hoolie my arse. Too many times I've heard that to gloss over your attacks.

bohsman wrote: »
    They were cheered back to Connaught St after attacking a load of kids.

What's that to do with putting only Rovers fans in there?

What's that to do with putting only Rovers fans in there?

I think it illustrates the mentality of your support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

In all fairness it just wouldnt work unless the capacity was brought down to less than 500 or so blocking off about half the stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bohsboy wrote: »
    I think it illustrates the mentality of your support.

Thank god you only blew in here when it looked like you were going to win the title and no doubt will blow back out when you're in the A championship. You're an embarrassment to the other supporters of your club. The ones that actually know what's going on, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Awesome thread.

stovelid wrote: »
    Thank god you only blew in here when it looked like you were going to win the title and no doubt will blow back out when you're in the A championship. You're an embarrassment to the other supporters of your club. The ones that actually know what's going on, that is.

I don't see you denying it though?

Im glad I annoy you. Really, I am. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You're know you're really not doing your club any favours here, especially at a time when they need all the help and public goodwill they can get.

• Advertisement

You're know you're really not doing your club any favours here, especially at a time when they need all the help and public goodwill they can get.

Just pointing out a few truths. Could'nt care less what you think. Not going to stand by and read the drivel from hypocrites.

I don't see you denying it though?

I'm not denying anything. You're think that talking about a 10 year-old incident at Dalymount involving some of our supporters constitutes a refutation of what is being said on a thread about the imminent death of a club?

In such priorities is the reason your club is in such trouble.

Im glad I annoy you. Really, I am. ;)

Who you gonna follow after Bohs are gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

CiaranC wrote: »
    Who you gonna follow after Bohs are gone?
    I'd imagine the majority of bohs fans will be 'anyone but shams' if bohs are gone altogether.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I'd imagine the majority of bohs fans will be 'anyone but shams' if bohs are gone altogether.
    No change there then

I'm not denying anything. You're think that talking about a 10 year-old incident at Dalymount involving some of our supporters constitutes a refutation of what is being said on a thread about the imminent death of a club?

In such priorities is the reason your club is in such trouble.

You love jumping out of individual arguments when it suits you. It was a 10 year old incident but there has been many more since and indeed plenty before it.

You seem to have trouble with people disagreeing with you and tend to have a go at the poster rather than the post I've noticed. But you won't shut me up son.

You say Im a blow in? :rolleyes: Sure could'nt I have rolled into town a couple of years ago and had a field day? Or when Dublin City relegated you and Roddy?

Grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

March 3, 2000. I was in the Shed that night. Horrific stuff. Tony O Dowd (clown) and the majority of the Rovers fans at the other end applauded them back onto the terrace.

yep i remember that too,the rovers fans went in with bohs jerseys on them,then took them off and i witnessed with my own eyes 2 rovers fans in their 20s kicking the bejaysus out of a lad no older than 15.

anyways......

You love jumping out of individual arguments when it suits you.

As you have been for the whole thread. Only youse would turn a thread looking for sympathy into one that will subtract sympathy from the majority of supporters here. The money will be rolling in.

And I'm not your son.

As you have been for the whole thread.

And I'm not your son.

Really? where?.........

As you have been for the whole thread. Only youse would turn a thread looking for sympathy into one that will subtract sympathy from the majority of supporters here. The money will be rolling in.

And I'm not your son.

Would you go and get a grip? Do you really think we are looking for sympathy from outside our club? It's our problem and we will deal with it.

If you don't like that I suggest you ignore the thread as it seems to be upsetting you so much.

Really? where?.........

Why else are we discussing Rovers when the thread is about your imminent collapse? Who steered the discussion that way? The same way you prefer to spew hate about us on your forum when your club is going down the jacks.

If you don't like that I suggest you ignore the thread as it seems to be upsetting you so much.

The thread is dead for all intents and purposes. It was an honest discussion on the plight of your club and now it's become a joke and the kind of thread that makes other supporters log out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement