Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs in urgent plea for help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

CiaranC wrote: »
    Anyway, im done with you,
    Who you gonna follow after Bohs are gone?

I thought you finished with me last night? Are we back talking? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

bohsboy wrote: »
    I thought you finished with me last night? Are we back talking? ;)

Ah yeah id forgotten, thanks mate :)

stovelid wrote: »
    The same way you prefer to spew hate about us on your forum when your club is going down the jacks.

Link please? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Link please? :confused:

You're having a fucking laugh aren't you?

Anybody from here that wants to go over and see (especially your supposed LOI section) will know exactly what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would you go and get a grip? Do you really think we are looking for sympathy from outside our club? It's our problem and we will deal with it.

Sweet Jesus. Honestly, do you have any interest in trying to help save your club at all?

Anybody from here that wants to go over and see (especially your supposed LOI section) will know exactly what I mean.

No, YOU'RE having a fcuking laugh if you want to make your various accusations here without backing them up and expect everyone to nod in agreement to your perceived better knowledge about the inner workings of a rivals club.

Sweet Jesus. Honestly, do you have any interest in trying to help save your club at all?

You see, this is the problem I have here. I'm currently supporting the fundraising that is presently ongoing. But I don't see why I have to explain myself or my actions to Rovers fans, of all people. You could'nt care less what happens to our club as I've seen throughout the thread.

What was this thread going to achieve in the first place? A whole load of fans from other clubs running to Dalymount to help us out? Get real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Who you gonna follow after Bohs are gone?
    According to a thread on a Bohs forum a while back, they'll all support pats.

Do they still ban every non Bohs fan? I had a few usernames there, they lasted about 3 posts. I wasn't trolling, but they don't want to hear anything even slightly negative about their club. This was a few years back

At least they allow you to lurk unlike the Always Ultras site. They even took it down after the Sporting Fingal defeat. :rolleyes:

Paparazzo wrote: »
    According to a thread on a Bohs forum a while back, they'll all support pats.

Link please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

When were we ever put in the Shed?

In 2000 Rovers hid their scarves and sneaked into the shed.
    They attacked Bohs in there and match was held up until they were removed.
    Rovers have never been let in there by the Gardai since.
    Thats why you sit in Connaught Street and all other visiting fans sit in the Shed.

so now you know or maybe you just started following Rovers lately

Pal wrote: »
    Thats why you sit in Connaught Street and all other visiting fans sit in the Shed.

I thought it was 2001, but then again...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

For fear of repeating myself, why does this impact on only Rovers fans alone being put in the Shed.

The question was put: when were Rovers ever put in the Shed and not one Bohs fan (and bohsboy) has answered it.

Link please.

I'm using a phone so searching is too hard. It was back 4 years ago when Nutsey was a "horrible cnut", Jason Byrne was shìte, Crowe was scum of the earth and none of them would be welcome at dalyer.
    A poll was done, don't think anyone picked rovers :D and pats won out by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Are the rovers tools still on this making up allegations based solely on their fierce hatred of bohs

Haha, yeah we're all terrified of Bohs legal department, theyve such a track record over the last ten years :D

Lol, youre a Rovers fan on a wind up arent you? Excellent work mate, got me hook line and sinker.

I work for them I'll have you know plus I can track your IP address, not so smart eh?:p

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Tbh I think they'd be more concerned with the absolute bollox you've been posting as an attempt to defend in the indefensible.

And how about you're fierce hatred of bohs that means you clearly can't make a judged and proof based judgement instead of 'bohs this and bohs that' and 'hate them, they deserve to fold'.

If you're going to have an argument with me make make one based on logic and facts not made up lies and waffle through hatred of a club.

Waffle.

The FAI explicitly changed the wording of the SCP to include 'staff' wages (that is, not just player) coincidentally the season after that the rumour surfaced.

There was little anti-bohs sentiment on the thread until a few of you rolled up with the usual crap - and the pan-club criticism here suggests it's not just Rovers.

I've already said I'd want your club to eventually pull through all of this with severe punishment.

Get me a link, I want proof so give me proof.

The anti-bohs is largely thanks to gombeen rovers supporters have no logic, argument or judgement behind their hatred of bohs.

Rovers fans keep telling us, 'we're the model club, we don't need to care about you' well if that's the case why are they all on this, this thread solely concerns bohs NOT rovers.

I work for them I'll have you know plus I can track your IP address, not so smart eh?:p
    Are you and Bohsboy on the board at Bohs?

STOP PRESS...
    REALLY SMART HACKER LAWYERS IN DRAMATIC BOARD TAKEOVER SHOCK: VOW TO FIND OUT HOW CLUB CAME TO OWN DALYMOUNT AS FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS, ALSO TO CONTINUE TO SAY STUFF ABOUT SHAMROCK ROVERS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

I work for them I'll have you know

I'd be quite ashamed to admit that if I were you. It's a bit like admitting to being a lookout on the titanic just before it hits the iceberg :D

If you actually think Bohs handed the FAI 1 million punts cash in the late 80s to buy Dalymount then you really are a clown of the highest order. I suggest you double check your facts before coming back here to spout nonsense.

Get your facts and you're proof you clown, oh no that's right you're hatred of bohs stops you from seeing sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Noone's gonna answer my earlier question :(

Dont feel so bad bohs fellas, lots of people hate Rovers too.

Are you and Bohsboy on the board at Bohs?

STOP PRESS...
    REALLY SMART HACKER LAWYERS IN DRAMATIC BOARD TAKEOVER SHOCK: VOW TO FIND OUT HOW CLUB CAME TO OWN DALYMOUNT AS FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS, ALSO TO CONTINUE TO SAY STUFF ABOUT SHAMROCK ROVERS

you wanna continue your crap attempts at waffling and sarcasm im here all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

you wanna continue your crap attempts at waffling and sarcasm im here all night

Piglets need their sleep, he'll tire soon :)

Tangy, its looking like they might well raise the 105K owed to revenue to get over the first hurdle now, but it will be tight. Whether they can raise another 200k immediately after is anyones guess, but I would speculate that this money would be harder to raise with such a limited pool of potential benefactors already stretched to the limit. People only have so much to give. We had the foresight to be building a warchest for when needed, as did FORAS and Drogheda etc, instead of waiting till the writing on the wall.

As to your question as to where the funds go if they dont make it, well they go to the likes of revenue, to the players if they have to play them and they dont tear up their contracts etc, and eventually are paid to creditors in a liquidation like any other company. Donators wont see their money again.

• Advertisement

Get your facts and you're proof you clown, oh no that's right you're hatred of bohs stops you from seeing sense.

You're the one who came up with the claim Bohs gave the FAI 1 million cash for Dalymount in the 80s. That is the tallest of tall tales. I called you on your bullshít and you've yet to back up your outrageous claim. Judging from the maturity of your posts I doubt you were even born when the ownership of Dalymount came into Bohs hands.

Oh and by the way I don't actually hate Bohs (always disliked Pats more actually) but I will post on the absolute muppetry and downright stupidity of what those in charge at Bohs have done in the last 5 or 6 years. For being so unbelievably thick I think they deserve what's coming to them now but I hope when that happens they then reform and build from the ground up in a sustainable way (yes the way Rovers have since 2005) so that in a few years Bohs will be back near the top competing with Rovers only this time based on a sustainable business model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Would you go and get a grip? Do you really think we are looking for sympathy from outside our club? It's our problem and we will deal with it.

Does askin for donations from fans of rival clubs not count?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69046295&postcount=137

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And how about you're fierce hatred of bohs that means you clearly can't make a judged and proof based judgement instead of 'bohs this and bohs that' and 'hate them, they deserve to fold'.

If you're going to have an argument with me make make one based on logic and facts not made up lies and waffle through hatred of a club.

Show me where I said any of that, particularly the bit bolded, or I'll be forced to sue you for slander AND libel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Jeeeez this thread heated up a bit since I was last on, full of nonsense aswell! All I want to know are Bohs safe or what, I need a match to look forward to next season in the Graveyard now the boys of the Randy Brandywell have left us.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Walsh wrote: »
    Jeeeez this thread heated up a bit since I was last on, full of nonsense aswell! All I want to know are Bohs safe or what, I need a match to look forward to next season in the Graveyard now the boys of the Randy Brandywell have left us.
    Nothing certain at the moment, desperately trying to raise funds

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Walsh wrote: »
    Have you a team in the A league? Suggest you go along and sing "Say hello to Drums for us" while they struggle against relegation to the LSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Noone's gonna answer my earlier question :(

Dont feel so bad bohs fellas, lots of people hate Rovers too.

40k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Good god, from 1 Bohs fan to another stop posting on here. The amount of crap is unreal.

Bohs hate Shamrock, Shamrock hate Bohs, nothing new there. Of course we are looking for sympathy from other clubs. It was the board who got us in this mess, do you honestly think they would get us out of it? Not a chance.

If Larry Murphy wanted to donate at this stage we would take it.

why can't we all just get along ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

why can't we all just get along ?

That wouldn't be any craic.

You're the one who came up with the claim Bohs gave the FAI 1 million cash for Dalymount in the 80s. That is the tallest of tall tales. I called you on your bullshít and you've yet to back up your outrageous claim. Judging from the maturity of your posts I doubt you were even born when the ownership of Dalymount came into Bohs hands.

Oh and by the way I don't actually hate Bohs (always disliked Pats more actually) but I will post on the absolute muppetry and downright stupidity of what those in charge at Bohs have done in the last 5 or 6 years. For being so unbelievably thick I think they deserve what's coming to them now but I hope when that happens they then reform and build from the ground up in a sustainable way (yes the way Rovers have since 2005) so that in a few years Bohs will be back near the top competing with Rovers only this time based on a sustainable business model.

Oh yes they did. Ask the FAI themselves as I did just this morning to reassure myself of that fact. My posts set out to catch out the likes of CiaranC or OhNoYouDidn't who are just coming on here to waffle with the only intent of viciously insulting a club they hate.

You came up a notch in my thoughts of you, aliveandkicking, with that post.

Show me where I said any of that, particularly the bit bolded, or I'll be forced to sue you for slander AND libel.

Im generalising what rovers fans are saying here. Their anti-bohs statements may as well say 'nuke bohemian fc' such is their pathetic hatred.

Oh yes they did. Ask the FAI themselves as I did just this morning to reassure myself of that fact.
    Who did you speak to in the FAI?

Oh yes they did. Ask the FAI themselves as I did just this morning to reassure myself of that fact. My posts set out to catch out the likes of CiaranC or OhNoYouDidn't who are just coming on here to waffle with the only intent of viciously insulting a club they hate. .

I was always under the impression that Bohs got Dalyer for a peppercorn amount. Not saying you're wrong but that's what I always assumed. I'm sure somebody here knows better than me.

As for wishing Bohs dead. I doubt very many people o here do (I don't) but they must be punished (as we all were) and that's that. You're just getting people's backs up with your posting style and defensiveness. Only my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Even in a funny sarcastic sense. Banding around statements like that makes you look foolish. Theres enough of that nonsense going on in the world. So leave your 'libel' and 'Sue' nonsense at the door.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Even in a funny sarcastic sense. Banding around statements like that makes you look foolish. Theres enough of that nonsense going on in the world. So leave your 'libel' and 'Sue' nonsense at the door.
    Try reading the thread

Who did you speak to in the FAI?

The Accounts body. They told me the figure of 1 million they received from Bohemian FC in 1988.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Accounts body. They told me the figure of 1 million they received from Bohemian FC in 1988.

Hahaha. You sure you're not on the Bohs' board?

Oh yes they did. Ask the FAI themselves as I did just this morning to reassure myself of that fact.

Look they just didn't. Think about it, late 80s, Bohs annual turnover would have only been a couple of hundred thousand a year if even that. Where would they get a million punts cash from to hand over to the FAI? They wouldn't have got a mortgage from a bank for that amount. Property wasn't anywhere near the value it is today even at recession prices. Sure the Kilcoynes claimed they sold Milltown for a six figure sum (although personally I think it was higher) and Rovers fans couldn't raise the amount needed to buy it back despite a massive fundraising and media campaign. If you think Bohs had a spare million at that time your living in dreamland. I don't believe you've been talking to anyone in the FAI but if you have I'm sure you won't mind posting up the name and number of who you were talking to or at least PM me with them so i can contact them myself. Thanks.

This is becoming an utter waste of time. It was supposed to be about Bohs and their problems instead it's just a slagging match with serious allegations made by anti-bohs segments not based on fact but pure hatred. The League of Ireland is a vulnerable league and we are doing each other no favours by arguing in the manner we have in this thread. I personally would never wish anything ill or untoward to another club in the manner some posters have in this thread.

I particularly find it rich coming from rovers fans to lecture us on finances considering their own perilous state in 2005. The rovers fans I know are good people and would be ashamed of their fellow rovers taking a petty rivalry too far.
    Bohs, like most people or businesses, are in the mess they are now for living beyond their means in the good years and are feeling the effects in recessionary times. So what? they're only human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

This is becoming an utter waste of time. It was supposed to be about Bohs and their problems instead it's just a slagging match with serious allegations made by anti-bohs segments not based on fact but pure hatred. The League of Ireland is a vulnerable league and we are doing each other no favours by arguing in the manner we have in this thread. I personally would never wish anything ill or untoward to another club in the manner some posters have in this thread.

I particularly find it rich coming from rovers fans to lecture us on finances considering their own perilous state in 2005. The rovers fans I know are good people and would be ashamed of their fellow rovers taking a petty rivalry too far.
    Bohs, like most people or businesses, are in the mess they are now for living beyond their means in the good years and are feeling the effects in recessionary times. So what? they're only human.

Perhaps that's a good reason for Rovers fans to "lecture" bohs fans on finances.
    And by the way, the FAI don't have an Accounts Body and they also don't give out financial information over the phone to randomers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

So what? We are going to possible lose the oldest club in Ireland with a great history.

You must be on the board because the sh1te coming out is unreal. Can't believe you are using the recession as an excuse.....We spent to much when we had money, we spent to much when we didnt have money. We are in this position because of a completly inept board. Some who are still there and should be ashamed to even address members.

Don't worry, it's not the boards fault, it's the fault of the construction industry collapse:rolleyes:

Maybe you could tell us how you asked then? Did you just get their number from the notebook, dial through, and say "how much did Bohs pay for dalyer?". The voice on the other end says "£1m in 1988"

Rovers fans couldn't raise the amount needed to buy it (Milltown) back despite a massive fundraising and media campaign. .

Sorry to come in on your point but let's just remind ourselves about that non eventful time.

The 'massive fundraising campaign' was a group of fans going round a half empty Milltown with plastic buckets followed by an ingenious plan to round up 400 members of like mind and form the 400 Club. Problem was the buckets were empty and they couldn't find 400 members. :D

The 'media campaign' was a pitch invasion by some kids after the last game in Glenmalure Park followed by a march down O'Connell Street by about half a dozen blokes in Rovers tops carrying placards that said KRAM. They stopped every few hundred yards to write KRAM on the bus stops. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We are running an auction to support the 'Save our Club' fundraiser on Saturday night.

We have all kinds of brilliant stuff including:

1 - Official Bohs teamsheet for the Rangers game at Ibrox in '84

2 - Kevin Hunt Yellow Umbro Jersey

3 - Jackie Jameson Framed Photo

4 - Team Signed Jersey from 2006

5 - Colin Hawkins away shirt from the 2003 season

6 - Derek Coughlan jersey

7 - Fergal Harkin Jersey he wore on his last ever game for Bohs

8 - Glen Cronin's initialed Tracksuit from the '08 cup final

9 - 2009 Away Jersey signed by league winning players and Nutsy

10 - 1 of Brian Murphy Goalkeeper gloves from the last league game of 2007 in Cork
    11 - Jason Mc Guiness black jersey from the 2006 season

12 - Fergal Harkin jersey from his last season with Bohs

13 - Painting of the floodlights hanging up in office

14 - No 17 Home Jersey from the 2002-03 season, worn by Harkin, Bobby Ryan etc

15 - Shaun Maher's away shirt (1999 season - yellow with blue Adidas)

16 - Piece of the Old Wooden Stand

17 - Stephen Ward's Signed Bohs Jersey

18 - Signed and framed white away jersey signed by the 2008 team

19 - 2 nights in a hotel in Sligo for 2 people

20 - Sunderland shirt from 2007 framed and signed by the players and Roy Keane

21 - programme for the Bohemians Drumcondra selection versus Santos match in 1972 autographed by the then Taoiseach Jack Lynch and his wife Máirin (reserve price coming shortly)

Number 10 is brilliant.

Advertisement