Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android or Windows 7?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

There's a review of the HD7 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys73w7KsMYE

He didn't seem too impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Got the HD7 last nite but mite return it tonite. I have a few problems but maybe it's jst me and someone who owns one can help me out?

1. If I want to have a few email accounts on the phone I have to have a separate tile for each account. Also, when I opened the inbox it only showed the last 10 emails, no more. I clicked on settings and changed it to show everything but it never did. Also, only one of my gmail accounts wud show emails. The others were connected and logged in but wudnt load up anything in the inbox.

2. The marketplace won't download most apps. I cud get a few eg. Torch etc but when I went to download a free game or even Facebook, it said that it was not available in the marketplace even though I was looking right at it.

3. The conversations in the messaging seems a bit weird. On the iPhone, msgs I send are in green and msgs I receive are in grey. On the HD7 everything is green so it's hard to distinguish wat is sent and received.

4. The address book confuses me a bit. It's linked with my Facebook account so if I want to ring someone, I click on the Peoples tab in the phone tile and it brings up all my Facebook friends. Problem with this is that I don't ring most of the friends in my Facebook account, therefore there are loads of random annoying names that I'll never ring.

5. The web browser seems a lot slower than in the iPhone. Also, apps like YouTube are just web links and not apps.

Should I keep it? Or are my problems easily fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

wait for full system access ;) the fun will begin then

Wats full system access? Was just talking to Carphone and they'll take it back as my upgrade hasn't been put through yet. Should I, or are my previous problems easily fixable?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭simi956

Shuffles3, I replied back on the O2 forums to your questions, Your issues can be fixed,

• Advertisement

Hey, can't find it, sorry. R u under a different handle in O2 forums? Way section is it under? Handsets or HTC? Sorry, I posted a few topics and can't remember where. Cheers though.

Under HTC

Cheers for that. I posted my question there, prob more relevant there. Thanks, do know anything bout the other problems?

Have you tried the marketplace today, as there was a brief outage yesterday

Haven't checked. Phone is back in it's box. I tried last nite at bout 11 it that helps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Bear with it, most of the issues you have are just setup fud. The 02 forums are the best place for a response to that since that is where most people go as first port of call. Once you get the hang of it it is a lovely simplistic phone to use with power under the hood.

I have till 7 to make up my mind. Carphone said if I bring it back today I can change it. Phones at home so can't use it. If someone knows how to fix each of those problems that wud be sweet. I've posted it up on the O2 forums, still waiting for a reply.

Linky?

shuffles03, Did you not see my reply on the HTC threads on the O2 forum

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/HTC/HTC-HD7-email-problem/m-p/173519/highlight/false#M2649

Yeah got the reply cheers. I changed the sync settings and it still wudnt load up more than 10. I don't mind bout the Peoples tile but the marketplace still wudnt download loads of free apps this morning before I left for work.

Marketplace is still slow this morning. It took about 6mins for the install option to come up on my 30 meg wifi connection.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Ok, I'm gonna make my decision based on this question:

Since u own a HD7, can u see all of ure emails in ure account across multiple accounts and if u think I can sort out all my previous problems I'll ring Carphone and tell them I'll keep it. I prob haven't given it enough time it's just Carphone gave me till this evening so I'm being pretty hectic about my decision.

Yes, when I first loaded my two email addys onto it it gave me two tiles each with an email box. both should a few emails for a few hours then pretty much everything game down the wire.

Both email addies are gmail based and they both had imap enabled.

Ok, make or break. Keep it or get am iPhone 4?

I moved from an iPhone to the HTC with no issues. I am slightly biased as I develop software using .net so I am writting applications for it. Having said that I have no issues recommending this unit to non techy friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Ok, make or break. Keep it or get am iPhone 4?

So did you keep it?

By the way, the issue with all your facebook contacts showing up in your phone is fixable by going to Settings, Applications, People, then select "Only add Facebook information to existing contacts"

If you still have duplicates (eg you have two contacts, "Dave" and "David Jones" that are actually the same person,) you can link them together.

Went up to the guys in Carphone and after talking to them, gave it back. I actually really liked it but as I use my phone to run my eBay store, it didn't suit the current set up I have. For example, I rely heavily on copy & paste for contacting buyers throughout their purchase and I have pre saved notes on my iPhone which are pasted into emails and sent to them. WIndows won't have that till Jan and that's pretty far away from a selling point of view.

The guys also said that my Mac isn't properly compatible with Zune as well. Apparently there's only a beta version in place for managing all my multimedia if I'm using a Mac and it doesn't have all the features. Not sure if this is true, it just what I was told although I checked when I go home and it did say Beta on the Zune site.

To be honest, I'm pretty pissed it didn't fit my needs for eBay as I really liked the OS. Didn't get a replacement yet, no iPhone 4's in stock at the moment. I was told the earliest would be Friday. My opinion of the device may have changed if I had spent more time messing around with it but that would have voided my refund. I was going to chance doing it but if I did and I found out after that it didn't suit my needs I'd be screwed.

Technically, I'm still on the fence as I don't have a phone yet. I'm scouring the web for reviews on each feature of the phone to see but I'd say it's doubtful. The guy in the shop agreed that I needed to spend more time using it but also that I wouldn't be able to return it so I just lowered my head and handed the bag over.

We should try and keep this thread going. Maybe more owners/users of the HD7 or another Windows 7 device might have an input on all of this. It's actually hard to find posts on the HD7/Windows phones either on Boards.ie or O2.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

There is only one place you need to go to ask questions on the HTC HD7

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=778

Cheers for the link!

Getting the HD7 delivered tomorrow. After all that, another is on it's way. Mainly due to Dave Mc & WheresMyBeaver who posted solutions to all of the problems I had. Cheers lads! I was also talking to an O2 rep on the phone today and he also went through the problems I had and sorted them out too.

I'd say I would have kept the original if I had messed around with it for another day or so but Carphone were really strict on the refund being void if I kept using it so I'm really happy and grateful for everyone's comments and suggestions. Cheers again.

Trying to get everything ready for the changeover tomorrow. I've synced the contacts from my iPhone to the Address Book on my Mac. Didn't know how to sync from my iPhone to the sim itself. Can I do that and if not how will I sync my Address Book on my Mac to the HD7?

There should be an option in contacts to back up all contacts to sim contact. Every phone has that function.

If you asked the sales assistant they might do it for you.

The only option on the iPhone itself is to import sim contacts from the sim to the phone. On iTunes, you can sync to your computer and when I did this, it synced to the Address Book on my Mac. As far as I can see, there is no option on the iPhone to sync from the phone to the sim itself (i could be wrong though).

there is a beta program from ms to sync phone to macs. just not sure to what extent. im sure if you googled around you might find something and read into it

• Advertisement

Cheers, I'll do that.

Advertisement