Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android or Windows 7?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Jst downloaded a Zune Beta for the Mac called 'Windows Phone Connector for Mac'. It lets you sync music, videos, photos and podcasts from iTunes and iPhoto to the Windows phone 7. There doesn't seem to be any mention of importing contacts. It's a pretty basic set up. Hopefully, Microsoft will release a full version of Zune for the Mac. That Zune Pass looks savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Jst downloaded a Zune Beta for the Mac called 'Windows Phone Connector for Mac'. It lets you sync music, videos, photos and podcasts from iTunes and iPhoto to the Windows phone 7. There doesn't seem to be any mention of importing contacts. It's a pretty basic set up. Hopefully, Microsoft will release a full version of Zune for the Mac. That Zune Pass looks savage!

The best way to get contact onto your WP7 is by importing them into Windows Live first. So, if you have a Hotmail address or @live address or what have you, load it up and go to the contacts page. You should be able to import a contacts file from your regular contacts program (CSV or whatever).

The best thing about this approach is that the minute you sign in with your new WP7 handset, all your contacts are synced immediately. If you hard reset or replace or upgrade your device, the contacts get synced back from the cloud without any extra hassle. You can also use the live website to organise your contacts (like, if there are duplicates, you can combine them together). Also works with Google Mail contacts.

Excellent, cheers! Sorry for this noob question but wat button do I click in Gmail to import the contacts from my address book on my desktop straight into my contacts in my Gmail account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Excellent, cheers! Sorry for this noob question but wat button do I click in Gmail to import the contacts from my address book on my desktop straight into my contacts in my Gmail account?

Once you've opened your Contacts screen, click the "More Actions" button and select "Import". And done!

All done! It wouldn't sync with the 'Address Book' so had to save it as a different type of file to my desktop. All my contacts are now in my Gmail account so all I have to do now is wait for the HD7 to arrive. Was supposed to be delivered today but hopefully tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I found this on YouTube for anyone interested. It's the Windows Phone 7 keynote.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H0-qntJjsY

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQAx-XCqDDc

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptD6bPV0bAM

Advertisement