Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for my T.V licence

• 12-11-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, this is my first post here on this Forum.

I moved to Galway last year, before leaving I sold my TV as I had just repaired a projector and was going to use that instead. Over a year later now and still going strong. I dont recieve TV at all, I have NTL broadband but left out the TV part of the package. If there is something I want to watch I will download or stream it.

A couple of months ago a friend of mine moved down here with me, he on the otherhand has a TV but it is only used for playing his xbox and nothing more. His room doesn't even have an arial socket to plug into even if he did want to watch TV. But today a licence inspector called to the door and was rude and very snotty pretty much told me she had to inspect the house, but my friend was still in bed so I didn't let her in and she said, she will be back.

Now, I understand that a TV licence has to be paid but we dont actually watch or use the service at all. I read somewhere that the only way to avoid this is to remove the arial connection from the back of the TV. Is this true? If so can I do it myself or would I have to get someone qualified to do it and get some sort of certificate?

Thanks for your time, any advice would be greatly appriciated.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

If your household, business or institution possesses a television or equipment capable of receiving a television signal, you are required by law to have a television licence. Even if the television or other equipment is broken and currently unable to receive a signal, it is regarded as capable of being repaired so it can receive a signal and you must hold a licence for it.
    from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭lau1247

newbie2 wrote: »

Damn, I was just about to post the same link

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement