Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

• 12-11-2010 6:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭

Have my xbox flashed and want to update it onto the new kinect update,however this is a console that i use purely for the basis of playing my backups so i don't care if i get banned from live etc etc (ill be updating offline) since i have a non-modded console anyway so i was just wondering,if i installed the new update would this cause me not to be able to play back-ups offline?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

fire away the update. in the worst case scenario the console will be flagged for ban which as you explained is not your concern.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

docentore wrote: »
    fire away the update. in the worst case scenario the console will be flagged for ban which as you explained is not your concern.

it will never be connected to live or be sharing hard-drives with a live one,so its basically an isolated console straight into the t.v for single player play so i was just wondering if it would still be able to read my back-ups with the new update :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Update away, no hassle for you :)

Update away, no hassle for you :)

sound man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dont update it if you dont use it for live and dont intend on getting kinect any time soon

updating will mean you cant play backups of newer games which have the ap2.5 protection on them

be patient and wait a few weeks for LT+ firmware

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    dont update it if you dont use it for live and dont intend on getting kinect any time soon

updating will mean you cant play backups of newer games which have the ap2.5 protection on them

yeah i just got a kinect 2 days ago so i was hoping to play the backups of my games on it,but i guess i'll just hold out for the new firmware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Helix wrote: »

but the ap2.5 is included only in new games, updating dash has nothing to do with this. old games will work anyway.
    the dvd fw will have to be updated only to play new titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

docentore wrote: »
    but the ap2.5 is included only in new games, updating dash has nothing to do with this. old games will work anyway.
    the dvd fw will have to be updated only to play new titles.

ap2.5 doesnt kick in on the old dash, so games like fable 3 which include it will work

these games WONT work once you update to the new dash

why stop yourself being able to play games by updating instead of waiting a few weeks and being able to play everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The mentioning of playing backups is happening a little too often in this thread, it's not a permissable subject incase anyone's forgotten.

Advertisement