Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market stalls

Options
  • 12-11-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know where I can get info on setting up a Market stall? I presume there are costs, is there a license or anything else required ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭YouProduce

Depends upon what you are selling. Farmers markets code of standards is voluntary, i.e. some farmers markets sign up, some don't. Going to the ones that have signed up (you can get a list here: http://www.bordbia.ie/aboutfood/farmersmarkets/pages/default.aspx) requires you to do a health & safety course that costs something like €20. You'll have to go to your local council office to find out about that. The rest of them (unless its cooked food) have little or no formal standards. You can only find out about them by going to the individual organisers. A stall on the roadside might get some local councilor worker comin round looking for rates, since they are desperate for cash the moment & seem to be charging for everything they can, thats the only issue I can think of.

Check out www.youproduce.ie. You may find it useful when its live and its completely free for producers & consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

zig wrote: »
    I presume there are costs, is there a license or anything else required ?
    Thanks

Depends on what type of products/goods you want to sell, and what kind of markets you want to sell at.

A little more info would be good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kathy2

I have never done a market so would love some tips.
    I do a new type of hair braiding thing that takes a few seconds.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

google 'iomst' you will find everything you need to know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

zig wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know where I can get info on setting up a Market stall? I presume there are costs, is there a license or anything else required ?
    Thanks
    Your local authority has a large role in this area. Rules and set up costs can vary greatly from one authority/county to the next. I am involved in this area and we welcome anyone into this field of endevour. Set up costs and public liability are very affordable. We have empty trading bays with huge foot fall, a shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Isaac Matheson

Check out www.mast.ie. They have a lot of info and a Market Traders Handbook on their links page.

Advertisement