Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bi Polar Game Reaching Out To 50..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

seriously,in 2010.lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    seriously,in 2010.lol.

When you started this thread what way did you think it would end up? I gave my thoughts on Game reaching out to 50 on the first page but then it (predictably) went off-topic. Now, for everyones sake, shut up and get over it :pac:

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    When you started this thread what way did you think it would end up? I gave my thoughts on Game reaching out to 50 on the first page but then it (predictably) went off-topic. Now, for everyones sake, shut up and get over it :pac:
    ok im done,the off topic convo has gone off topic,when i feel like schooling you again ill be back.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I agreed with the majority of Jagers post, that's why I thanked it. Is there something wrong with that? There's no denying that G-Unit often come out with very R&B heavy tracks (Wanna Get To Know You, Smile, Ride Wit U, etc.) I didn't take it as a dig to G-Unit though, I like those songs... :confused:

What has BWS got to do with this topic? Why would I start talking about BWS for no reason? Doesn't make sense...It's more of Games cronies more than anything else though, seems like nearly every rapper has his 'own label' thse days. For all you know Game could have set up his own company (BWS) for tax reasons ;) and never intended to make a huge, worldwide record label.

The main reason Game was so successful is because he was working a lot with 50, the biggest rapper at the time. Game owes a lot of his success to 50. If anything, he became less successful after he cut ties with 50. Am I wrong?

Yes, please post a link from a reputable source and not Wikipedia.

50 Cent booted M.O.P. off the label because he knew they would flop, just like Mobb Deep did. Mobb Deep lost a lot of their real fans when they sold out and signed to G-Unit. I mean Prodigy getting a G-Unit tattoo was pretty ridiculous :pac:

+1. Not one of those links says that Beg For Mercy sold "6 Million copies worldwide".
    Mate, I'm not being pedantic, I'm stating facts. Listen to yourself. 50's albums were released under Shady/Aftermath/Interscope. Nothing to do with G-Unit Records. So, technically, they were not released under G-Unit. Hate to break it to you, but 50, as a solo artist, is not, nor was he ever, a G-Unit Records artist.

G-Units albums were released under G-Unit/Interscope. So, technically, it was released under G-Unit.

Understand? Or do I have to explain it to you again?

MUFCboy and Hughcream: Openly stating that your only source for this information has been Wikipedia really isn't doing you two any favors. RIAA, fair enough, but Wikipedia? Come on lads, I hope you're not expecting anyone to take you seriously...

None of them flopped? LOL.

Did it say that on Wikipedia too?

Really? It's that easy? Wow. Thanks for the tip.

May as well take Wikipedia as gospel then!

Eh...not really.

Wow. I'm convinced.

That settles it then. Sorry I ever questioned your sources!

I agreed with the majority of Jagers post, that's why I thanked it. Is there something wrong with that? There's no denying that G-Unit often come out with very R&B heavy tracks (Wanna Get To Know You, Smile, Ride Wit U, etc.) I didn't take it as a dig to G-Unit though, I like those songs...

considering the comment had nothing to do with game being bi-polar and you being a game stan i think so, im sure if that was the other way around you'd be quick to reply and by the way let me clear this up you agreed with jagers post even though he was wrong:D go back and read the comment.

What has BWS got to do with this topic? Why would I start talking about BWS for no reason? Doesn't make sense...It's more of Games cronies more than anything else though, seems like nearly every rapper has his 'own label' thse days. For all you know Game could have set up his own company (BWS) for tax reasons and never intended to make a huge, worldwide record label.

lL answer that question with a question considering this is where it started, what does all this g unot stuff and g unit being rubbish got to do with game being bi-polar? so again pretty for the 2nd time if people are critising g unit well then why not critise bws since we were off topic anyway;), please thats one of the worst excuses for bws being terrible.

The main reason Game was so successful is because he was working a lot with 50, the biggest rapper at the time. Game owes a lot of his success to 50. If anything, he became less successful after he cut ties with 50. Am I wrong?

no, but le king seems to think so, i was actually replying to him;), game owes his mainstream career to 50 and dre period without them he would of been dropped and would of been just another rapper you probably would of never heard of, i think dre could of put anyone half decent from the west with 50 and it would of had the same outcome as game success wise to be honest.

Yes, please post a link from a reputable source and not Wikipedia.

I can get the american sales but as i said i cant find a worldwide database for them other than wiki. your more than welcome to search yourself if you feel that strongly about g unit outselling any of game's albums individually.

50 Cent booted M.O.P. off the label because he knew they would flop, just like Mobb Deep did. Mobb Deep lost a lot of their real fans when they sold out and signed to G-Unit. I mean Prodigy getting a G-Unit tattoo was pretty ridiculous

are you a parrot now? you just repeated me about M.O.P more or less i basically just said that:confused: ye mobb deep flopped i said that also:confused: that wasnt the first time mobb deep flopped but its a big deal because they were signed with g unit right:rolleyes: what have tattoos got to do with anything? you do know the slagging game gets over the covered up butterfly tattoo from his stripper days :rolleyes:

MUFCboy and Hughcream: Openly stating that your only source for this information has been Wikipedia really isn't doing you two any favors. RIAA, fair enough, but Wikipedia? Come on lads, I hope you're not expecting anyone to take you seriously...

if you check wiki you would actually find most of the information is correct or close to it, but im sure they do have mods to tackle fanboys like yourself making stan like changes.

Really? It's that easy? Wow. Thanks for the tip.

you obviously got the hang of it, im sure you have game's bio edited to your point of view.

May as well take Wikipedia as gospel then!

better than taking game's word or jagers anyway which judgeing by this thread is exactly who you seem to do.

Eh...not really.

Eh yes really in a lot of cases's. Can you back it up where's your source that they dont???

Wow. I'm convinced.

look pretty beg for mercy outsold all 3 of game's efforts individually dont cry about it.

That settles it then. Sorry I ever questioned your sources!

another great reply, being sarcastic only makes you look like more of a childish stan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

done and dusted so.

• Advertisement

ok im done,the off topic convo has gone off topic,when i feel like schooling you again ill be back.:cool:
    When did you school me? All I did was discredit your whole argument before telling you to shut up, which you did. Safe to say I learned my lesson :rolleyes:
    considering the comment had nothing to do with game being bi-polar and you being a game stan i think so, im sure if that was the other way around you'd be quick to reply and by the way let me clear this up you agreed with jagers post even though he was wrong:D go back and read the comment.

OK, the comment reads as follows:

"Wasn't G-Units last album some sort of crappy collection of RNB love ballads?? The Game still has more bite to his music than anything 50 cent or the rest of his clowns have ever put out. Yeah he name drops too much, but I'd buy a Game album any day over any crap Yayo or them put out."

How is anything in that post "wrong"? It's his opinion and judging by all the thanks that post has, others feel the same way. I agreed with his post because I think Game's music can be more aggressive and can have more "bite" than G-Unit singing about making their girls "smile". I prefer Game as an artist to 50/Banks/Yayo and I would buy his album before I would buy any of theirs.

Jagers post is not right or wrong, but I share his opinion, simple as.

lL answer that question with a question

So you won't answer the question? OK.
    considering this is where it started, what does all this g unot stuff and g unit being rubbish got to do with game being bi-polar? so again pretty for the 2nd time if people are critising g unit well then why not critise bws since we were off topic anyway;), please thats one of the worst excuses for bws being terrible.
    I never made any excuse? Who are BWS? BWS is bigger than Games record label, that I can tell you. As far as the artists on the label, I don't know because I don't listen to any of them. They are not major label artists and they probably never will be. The interest is not there, Game doesn't have any interest in making them rap superstars so why should you?
    i think dre could of put anyone half decent from the west with 50 and it would of had the same outcome as game success wise to be honest.
    What happened to Bishop Lamont? Why didn't they do that with him? I'm not convinced with your theory.

Dre signed Game, not 50. The G-Unit collab was marketing at it's best, nothing more. 50 Cent is down as executive producer, but what did he do? Write 2-3 hooks? Good on him. He was happy to jump on board the project because he knew himself that it was a good business move.

Interscope and Dre we're milking the East meets West story, potentially the two biggest artists in the industry, from two different sides of the map, working hand-in-hand with Dre, the biggest producer in the industry. Jimmy and Dre looked at Game, a pure, relentless West Coast blood, and 50, the underdog from New York that climbed his way to the top, and they saw dollar signs. And it worked well for a while...
    I can get the american sales but as i said i cant find a worldwide database for them other than wiki. your more than welcome to search yourself if you feel that strongly about g unit outselling any of game's albums individually.
    I don't really care to be honest, I just think you using Wikipedia as the answer to all of lifes questions is pretty laughable.

you just repeated me about M.O.P more or less i basically just said that:confused:
    You said he dropped them because they were making bad music. He dropped them because no matter how good their album would have been, it still would have flopped. M.O.P. are underground, they never belonged in G-Unit.

if you check wiki you would actually find most of the information is correct or close to it, but im sure they do have mods to tackle fanboys like yourself making stan like changes.
    Jesus...the "mods" on Wikipedia are the people that use it. Anyone can create a page or edit information. Why do I have to explain this basic stuff do you? You really don't know much about anything.

you obviously got the hang of it, im sure you have game's bio edited to your point of view.
    No need for it, whoever wrote the page seems to know what they're talking about.

better than taking game's word or jagers anyway which judgeing by this thread is exactly who you seem to do.
    Taking Jagers word? FFS, I thanked one of his posts, relax man!! I've thanked plenty of yours!

As far as taking Games word...maybe I have? I'm not sure what you mean TBH. I guess I could say I have taken Games word in the same way you've taken 50's word (eg. "I wrote all of Games songs, he would have been shelved if it wasn't for me"). You believe every word of that, but how do you know it's true?
    Eh yes really in a lot of cases's. Can you back it up where's your source that they dont???
    Jay-Z for example.

look pretty beg for mercy outsold all 3 of game's efforts individually dont cry about it.
    I would bet money 'Beg For Mercy' hasn't sold more than 'The Documentary'. That album sold 5 Million within the first 6 months of its release. I guess it just stopped selling then, right? I would love to see official sales figures.

'Doctors Advocate' and 'LAX' have sold more than T.O.S., that's just a fact. Do you really care though?

another great reply, being sarcastic only makes you look like more of a childish stan
    How did you expect me to reply to that ridiculous statement? I mean, I know of at least 10 people in my estate than bought 'The Documentary' album. If you do the maths....carry the 2......that means Game has sold 24 Million albums....yeah, that makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

wiki is usually right or not far of it, it has yayo on there for 790'000 sold, just type in g unit records on wiki.

here's the link for the numbers beg for mercy done in america alone where they match up to wiki's stats.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=SEARCH_RESULTS

i dont know of any official sites for worldwide sales other than wiki iv tried searching for one, its a common known thing most big mainstream artists will sell more worldwide, and you have to remember this was in 03-05 where 50 was breaking soundscan records he could of sold a blank cd back then:D

the fact beg for mercy was on billboards top 200 albums of the decade where a lot of others weren't is a good enough indication that it sold 6 million worldwide even though the billboards are for america only.

why is that so hard to belive? i even know at least 4 or 5 people with this album in my area it was fairly popular with 2 or 3 good singles.

All the RIAA site says is 2 x Platinum, which means anywhere between 2m to 2.99m which isn't really exact. I'm actually genuinely curious to see what the real figures are and I couldn't find any source for worldwide figures other than Wiki which itself has no source for them.

Charting on the Billboard Top 200 isn't really that high of an indicator for worldwide performance unless you're Michael Buble.

How many of those 4 or 5 people you know have The Documentary? I'm not taking a dig here. I'd just like to see a source other than Wiki being used to back up figures. If there isn't one then you have to be prepared for people not taking it as gospel.

When did you school me? All I did was discredit your whole argument before telling you to shut up, which you did. Safe to say I learned my lesson
    lol that's the trouble with stans,you take on to many battles and end up losing track of who said what.
    I've said nothing that could be discredited,nor have you even attempted to discredit anything I've said.
    I'll admit you did tell me to shut up,and I've been hurt deeply since the telling off but I'm over it now and ready to continue schooling you.:cool:

lol that's the trouble with stans,you take on to many battles and end up losing track of who said what.
    I've said nothing that could be discredited,nor have you even attempted to discredit anything I've said.
    I'll admit you did tell me to shut up,and I've been hurt deeply since the telling off but I'm over it now and ready to continue schooling you.:cool:

Thought you were done with this thread?

Thought you were done with this thread?
    see what i mean.
    so you dont even bother reading the posts properly,go read that post again to see what i said.;)

• Advertisement

see what i mean.
    so you dont even bother reading the posts properly,go read that post again to see what i said.;)

I read all your posts. Why would you say you're done with a thread and continue posting in it?

I read all your posts. Why would you say you're done with a thread and continue posting in it?
    lol im beginning to understand this guy,harp on about something that wasnt actually said,saying it enough makes it look like it was said,which in turn makes your argument look good,im right aint i?
    of course im right i had this convo in 2007,probably with this guy,have you been doing this since 07?

lol im beginning to understand this guy,harp on about something that wasnt actually said,saying it enough makes it look like it was said,which in turn makes your argument look good,im right aint i?
    of course im right i had this convo in 2007,probably with this guy,have you been doing this since 07?

What are you talking about...?

lol gets amnesia and suddenly cant make heads nor tails of a post when in the past he took his own meaning from what fellow posters wrote.
    like i said,ive had this convo before,not since about 07 when the whole gunot thing kicked off,im shocked and surprised that in 2010 game still has fans fighting the fight.
    your in your 20s right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Thread locked. This is going no where but in circles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement