Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody own OCZ ssd vertex 2 ?

Options
  • 12-11-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has one of these drives and what they thought of them , im trying to decide between an intel ssd or this ocz one??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I have a Corsair Force which is near identical and I think it is a great drive. The Sandforce 1200 controller based drives are by far the best consumer all rounder SSDs at the moment IMO. Some drives such as the Crucial SSD in the above link do certain things better (absoutely blistering read speeds in the case of the Crucial), but few in that category offer both good read and write performance. If all you need is pure fast boot OS drive with very little writes then it probably doesn't really matter too much if you opt for the Intel or OCZ, but if good read/write performance balance
    matters then it must be the vertex 2 all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

If your motherboard has SATA 6 Gb/s I'd go with a crucial ssd if not a vertex 2.

Advertisement