Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Fourm Beers (Friday December 3rd)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

snuggles09 wrote: »
    think i'll pop in as well for a nosey at the new place..any ladies going?

Mrs Ziedth said she might come in but i'll post up tomorrow for definate and let you know.

If the bouncers stop us then we can just say we know abouttobebanned :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

ziedth wrote: »
    Mrs Ziedth said she might come in but i'll post up tomorrow for definate and let you know.

grand so..might pop in with a few mates..wouldnt brave it on my own..will rally the troops now..i'm sure ill spot ye..ill get abouttobebanned to point me in ye're direction anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The more the merrier!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I always thought you were one of my mates from in around town. Infact, I started calling him Ziedth on occasion, and he would normally give an awkward/confused laugh, which I assumed was just "oh god don't refer to me by my boards nick around decent real life people". It was only a few weeks ago I asked him why the **** he was in Geoffs when he seems so hell-bent against the place that he asked me what I was ****ting on about.

Anyway, long story short, now I think I should probably go and have a pint with you, since I've had so much practice in talking to you already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I was also convinced for months that I knew someone on here..I never made reference to it when talking to him though but then the "real life" guy got married and the same night the name from here was on posting so I realised then it wasn't him..There are only 2 on here who I know for definite in real life..Will me funny to meet up and see if we know each other...see if we know any of the "waterford heads":D

• Advertisement

Tellox wrote: »
    I always thought you were one of my mates from in around town. Infact, I started calling him Ziedth on occasion, and he would normally give an awkward/confused laugh, which I assumed was just "oh god don't refer to me by my boards nick around decent real life people". It was only a few weeks ago I asked him why the **** he was in Geoffs when he seems so hell-bent against the place that he asked me what I was ****ting on about.

Anyway, long story short, now I think I should probably go and have a pint with you, since I've had so much practice in talking to you already.

Ha Ha,

Ya you should. One of the lads is like Monk when it comes to figuring out to who people are. It's scary.

If this is snow keeps up I might be a questionmark for tonight but I'm sure it'll die off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I was also convinced for months that I knew someone on here..I never made reference to it when talking to him though but then the "real life" guy got married and the same night the name from here was on posting so I realised then it wasn't him..There are only 2 on here who I know for definite in real life..Will me funny to meet up and see if we know each other...see if we know any of the "waterford heads":D
    Haha, I seem to recall ziedth on here on his wedding night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm not as discreet.

I just walk up to people and go "....boards?" at random events. If they nod I did good.

AdMMM can attest to this....every single time I run into him in the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'm not as discreet.

I just walk up to people and go "....boards?" at random events. If they nod I did good.

AdMMM can attest to this....every single time I run into him in the forum.

What if they just hear "bored?" and nod? Do you sit down without another word? Maybe they just want your company though.

P.S. I think we deserve some hot whiskeys tonight due to the weather that's in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

What if they just hear "bored?" and nod? Do you sit down without another word? Maybe they just want your company though.
    I hang the 's' like a pro.

Boarrrdssssssss...?

• Advertisement

The snow is bucketing down here,

it's looking dodgy at best. you'd never know though, I don't think a 30min drive in this would be the best iea :)

leave it with me.

I sees a thaw coming

Ya it's stopped here too thank god. We might get lucky.

How is it in town lads?

Town is fine now. All the gritted roads are very drivable and constant flow of traffic on the un-gritted roads has made them okay now. Hills in the FWD and RWD cars will be fun for all the family however.

The footpaths will be lethal tonight. We'll all have to hold hands on our way to The Front Lounge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah it could be very dodgy tonight. Might be ok for getting in and getting around but getting home could be deadly. I suppose we'll just have to call it later on.

Ya everyone watch this space,

Bit like Nkay said there its not now or even at 10pm tonight its gonna be at 2am that tis gonna hit the fan.

i could stay in the travelodge no bother but that leaves it open to be stranded in town tomorrow morning if it snows again.

I'm gonna push it as far as I can to go cause I really looking forward to it.

Ya everyone watch this space,

Bit like Nkay said there its not now or even at 10pm tonight its gonna be at 2am that tis gonna hit the fan.

i could stay in the travelodge no bother but that leaves it open to be stranded in town tomorrow morning if it snows again.

I'm gonna push it as far as I can to go cause I really looking forward to it.

I don't know. Grà just said it's going to be between 0 and -7 tonight with more snow, sleet, freezing fog etc. Got caught in town last December 23rd when the taxis stopped running because of ice.

in the words of dragons den i'm out.

just went outside and the slush has frozen so I can only imagine what it will be like between here and town tonight.

can I make a suggestion of picking a different night? your all not worth risking my life :pac:

in the words of dragons den i'm out.

just went outside and the slush has frozen so I can only imagine what it will be like between here and town tonight.

can I make a suggestion of picking a different night? your all not worth risking my life :pac:

Yeah I think that's the best bet. Anyone have a problem with next Saturday?

I can't saturday,

at least I could only maybe meet and be gone before 9 and maybe meet back up with yee much later in the night. Friday?

if saturday suits everyone else go with that and i'll drop in and out.

• Advertisement

DAM YOU SNOW!! messing up my plans, was looking forward to a few pints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

Lads man up will ye. Me and Admmm will be there, trawling through the snow looking for as much beer as wwe can find

I can't saturday,

at least I could only maybe meet and be gone before 9 and maybe meet back up with yee much later in the night. Friday?

if saturday suits everyone else go with that and i'll drop in and out.

Well I've just been told that I can't Saturday either. Friday is ok. I'm working until 9 but could probably get one of the lads to come in a bit earlier so I could be in by 9. How's everyone else fixed?

Lads man up will ye. Me and Admmm will be there, trawling through the snow looking for as much beer as wwe can find

I'd love to. Was really looking forward to it but it's not worth getting stranded in town. It'll be -4 by 9 or 10 o'clock seemingly.

Getting in be ok, but getting home would be madness

Sorry chief,

there is no way i'm driving in from here in that. even if i was in town i'd be wary cause the taxi's surely won't run tonight.

if yee want to carry on with tonight I wish ya well, i'm voting for Friday (You could do both nights :))

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'd love to. Was really looking forward to it but it's not worth getting stranded in town. It'll be -4 by 9 or 10 o'clock seemingly.
    Def not worth it so!! Who ever goes have a good one!!

I can do Friday anyway.

Friday it is so,

I'll edit the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Phew, after it stopped snowing and started thawing I thought we would manage.
    I wouldn't have bothered with stranding in town but now all is frozen and I even cannot make it out of the appartment complex here (step uphill) :mad:

So, the already discussed change of plan suits me :D

See ya next week (so we all hope ;))

Advertisement